Maurizio Sarri (163 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Compared to when he was originally appointed, has Sarri lost or gained any fans around here? I would be surprised if there were any that switched sides.

The loss versus Lyon hurts big time. More than other any other poor performance this season, but now that everything has sunk in, i’m less annoyed with him than i was that day. I still want him to stay at the end of the season. It will be unfair to judge him otherwise, nor would it be fair to anyone coming in to replace him.

I think what gets lost in Sarri’s inability to bring his brand of attacking football to Juventus, is essentially how Juventus is wired. The club itself, has always been about order and not about chaos. Our sides have almost never set the world on fire with their creative prowess, even when players that could do so have put on our colours.

When was the last time this club played anything close to the brand of football Sarri’s previous sides were known for?

Under Lippi? No. The sides could crank it up when they wanted though.

Capello? No.

The long list of managers posr Calciopoli?No.

Conte?No.

Allegri?No. But like Lippi, his sides could take it up a level when needed.

Then how could Sarri have done so?

This isn’t an apologist post to defend him, since we are obviously in a weaker position now than we were under Allegri, but if you’re going to criticize Sarri, do it for his lack of results ( which is justified ). Not for not replicating his previous sides in attacking and creative ability.

You could get Gasperini or Guardiola here, and they probably still won’t be able to impose their style on this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
“Not an apologist post” after spending entire post making excuses for Sarri. :lol:

Most of us are criticizing him for his run of results, but also for the fact his football looks far shittier than the worst of the Allegri era last year. That’s a sad indictment of a coach who was hired primarily for style points.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
“Not an apologist post” after spending entire post making excuses for Sarri. :lol:

Most of us are criticizing him for his run of results, but also for the fact his football looks far shittier than the worst of the Allegri era last year. That’s a sad indictment of a coach who was hired primarily for style points.
He was hired for results. Not the style points. The latter was only supposed to be a plus point. Neither has worked out well but to say he was hired primarily for style points is wrong. A club like Juventus doesn’t hire coaches just because they play pretty football with nothing to back it up with.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He was hired for results. Not the style points. The latter was only supposed to be a plus point. Neither has worked out well but to say he was hired primarily for style points is wrong. A club like Juventus doesn’t hire coaches just because they play pretty football with nothing to back it up with.

Of course he wasn’t hired exclusively for style points, but he has nowhere near the history of results to be hired here without some emphasis being placed on the style they played at Napoli. He was brought here to make us play “pretty football” while still getting results.

Reality is, both his Chelsea and Juve sides have played dull, insomnia-curing football while getting fairly ordinary/mixed results.

The guy is now in his 60s, he was a poor hire, fool’s gold who managed to get a mid-upper table side in Napoli to largely outperform their league expectations for a few seasons while failing miserably in cup competitions. He’s a decent coach, perhaps a good one for a smaller club looking to challenge, but is entirely out of his depth at a big club like Juve both on and off the pitch.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Compared to when he was originally appointed, has Sarri lost or gained any fans around here? I would be surprised if there were any that switched sides.

The loss versus Lyon hurts big time. More than other any other poor performance this season, but now that everything has sunk in, i’m less annoyed with him than i was that day. I still want him to stay at the end of the season. It will be unfair to judge him otherwise, nor would it be fair to anyone coming in to replace him.

I think what gets lost in Sarri’s inability to bring his brand of attacking football to Juventus, is essentially how Juventus is wired. The club itself, has always been about order and not about chaos. Our sides have almost never set the world on fire with their creative prowess, even when players that could do so have put on our colours.

When was the last time this club played anything close to the brand of football Sarri’s previous sides were known for?

Under Lippi? No. The sides could crank it up when they wanted though.

Capello? No.

The long list of managers posr Calciopoli?No.

Conte?No.

Allegri?No. But like Lippi, his sides could take it up a level when needed.

Then how could Sarri have done so?

This isn’t an apologist post to defend him, since we are obviously in a weaker position now than we were under Allegri, but if you’re going to criticize Sarri, do it for his lack of results ( which is justified ). Not for not replicating his previous sides in attacking and creative ability.

You could get Gasperini or Guardiola here, and they probably still won’t be able to impose their style on this team.

ok, so if his philosophy is incompatible with Juventus style then why was he hired and why do you want to retain him?

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Even the best of teams lose.
More worrying than results and style is the alarming change in attitude of the team, for the worse. The grinta and never say die attitude appears to have deserted us. And the jerk just keeps rambling his mind off like some uncouth illiterate peasant.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
I think it’s wise to let him go at the end of the season and hopefully we scrape by with the Scudetto. Letting him go now MIGHT send us at a free fall, might as well hold onto him till the end of the campaign and grind it out. I can only hope the Coronavirus halts the rest of the season in Serie A now and we get the Scudetto :baus: .

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Well in Paratici and Nedveds defense, Beppe also had a very lousy first year (Pepe, Krasic, Aquilani, Motta etc.)

There is time for them to come back if they take a good look in the mirror.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well in Paratici and Nedveds defense, Beppe also had a very lousy first year (Pepe, Krasic, Aquilani, Motta etc.)

There is time for them to come back if they take a good look in the mirror.
Different teams, different objectives, different eras.

Paratici has been given the keys to a Juventus team who are amongst the top 5-6 clubs in Europe, and is doing his best to send us to where Inter and Milan went to after their periods of dominance.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Sarri might just be an anomaly in the Paratichi-Nedved project. It’s not like we had a ton of choices post Allegri. Sarri was the only one who had Serie A experience, had managed a big team, and wanted out at his club at the time.

People bring up Zidane, but he’s a madrid whore in and out.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

Paratici has been given the keys to a Juventus team who are amongst the top 5-6 clubs in Europe, and is doing his best to send us to where Inter and Milan went to after their periods of dominance.
True that, only thing I'm saying I think they deserve a chance to fix the mess they created like Beppe also did.

It probably starts with sacking Sarri though

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Because of Sarri?

I thought Sarri is Nedved's territory?

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
He’s a decent coach, perhaps a good one for a smaller club looking to challenge, but is entirely out of his depth at a big club like Juve both on and off the pitch.
This.

As a coach, he's on the same level as guys like Mazzari (I believe he didn't realize his full potential after he left Napoli), Emery (was consistently doing a great job at Sevilla, including tripple success in EL), and Gasperini (his Atalanta is pretty similar to Sarri's Napoli on many levels, including the average class of players he's good at working with). And Sarri has neither flexibility nor potential to outgrow this level.

As a person, he was a perfect fit for De Laurentis' Napoli and that city. Back then I was actually surprised how natural that union was, I expected him to become Napoli's Ferguson (the trophyless version).

His appointment as a Juventus manager made no sense from all imaginable perspectives.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
So tactics shouldnt matter yet the guy making the tactics is to blame? Do you not see how that sounds stupid?
Right tactics wins for you games against equally strong or even stronger opponents. With wrong tactics you lose even in games against even much weaker opponents. So, if you have a much stronger team, it will win against much weaker opponents regardless the tactics you use, unless you managed to fuck your tactics up completely, like Sarri does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 157)