Maurizio Sarri (50 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
Because 2 players = 3 players :shifty:
They are both bad returns lmao. Anyways last season they were both outscored by a 36 year old Quagliarella who has never been known for his high goal tally and was playing for a literal mid table side. Not to mention Quagliarella only hit 26 goals in 37 games. Immobile is on freakish goal scoring streak, playing for CL spot contenders while maintaining a positive goal to game ratio of 1.21. If Immobile's goalscoring rate stays the same, he will hit around 40 goals this season.

So yeah, just allowing the "GOAT" alone to get outscored by a an old Quagliarella with a normal goal scoring rate was worse than what we are seeing right now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
They are both bad returns lmao. Anyways last season they were both outscored by a 36 year old Quagliarella who has never been known for his high goal tally and was playing for a literal mid table side. Not to mention Quagliarella only hit 26 goals in 37 games. Immobile is on freakish goal scoring streak, playing for CL spot contenders while maintaining a positive goal to game ratio of 1.21. If Immobile's goalscoring rate stays the same, he will hit around 40 goals this season.

So yeah, just allowing the "GOAT" alone to get outscored by a an old Quagliarella with a normal goal scoring rate was worse than what we are seeing right now.
Lol

Worse? Nah. We’re on pace for 67 goals right now. That would be less than last year. And that’s with bringing Higuain back.

Last season we were on pace for 80+ goals until we had the scudetto in the bag and hardly scored at all in our last 10 matches.

Keep making excuses for the shit we see in attack week in, week out right now. Your hero needs to fix our anemic attack. If he gets us scoring at a decent clip again, I’ll praise him for it.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
The same team last season scored a lot more and conceded a lot less so it's not an excuse. Ronaldo is not in decline, he simply has a poor form.
Last season Chiellini was a starter. This season we have De Ligt who is still settling in and Cuadrado as RB. Saying same team is factually wrong.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I see no plan B so far. We play the same game week in week out no matter if it works or not. Yes, we were winning, but the writing has been on the wall for a while now, long before the Sass game. Against Moscow for exampe.
Why do you need plan B when plan A is working fine. We have excellent run in the league with 11 wins and 3 draws. And top of the group in CHL. Resulst wise he is doing excellent job, in terms of performance he is not doing better than Allegri. But Sarri deserves to be given some time before we throw him under the bus.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why do you need plan B when plan A is working fine. We have excellent run in the league with 11 wins and 3 draws. And top of the group in CHL. Resulst wise he is doing excellent job, in terms of performance he is not doing better than Allegri. But Sarri deserves to be given some time before we throw him under the bus.
Of course he should be given time. He’s the coach now and we’re getting results. So that’s dandy. We’ve met our objectives to begin the season certainly. Topped our group, unbeaten thus far, being in 2nd is annoying but 36 of 42 points puts us in a fine position to win the scudetto if we don’t start dropping points on the regular.

However, performance wise, we’re seeing the worst parts of the Allegri era. Scoring less, conceding more, scraping one goal wins almost every match. Most of the Allegri era we were far better and more dominant than this.

But it is only the beginning of December, and we have 2 months to get everything sorted and find our best form. There’s no reason not to have a least a little optimism considering we’ve been looking pretty meh thus far and still getting results.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Of course he should be given time. He’s the coach now and we’re getting results. So that’s dandy. We’ve met our objectives to begin the season certainly. Topped our group, unbeaten thus far, being in 2nd is annoying but 36 of 42 points puts us in a fine position to win the scudetto if we don’t start dropping points on the regular.

However, performance wise, we’re seeing the worst parts of the Allegri era. Scoring less, conceding more, scraping one goal wins almost every match. Most of the Allegri era we were far better and more dominant than this.

But it is only the beginning of December, and we have 2 months to get everything sorted and find our best form. There’s no reason not to have a least a little optimism considering we’ve been looking pretty meh thus far and still getting results.
Yes I agree. Ramsey is finally getting fully fit. While Costa will get back soon, hope this time will stay fit longer. I do enjoy double passes from Dybala and Ramsey in final third. Ronaldo has let us down (And it’s silly to complain about the goat) but he usually buries these chances away. I see light in the end of tunnel. And hopefully Inter will start dropping points soon because their schedule is quite difficult in the next 5 serie A matches. They also have to play barca a must win game.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
We threw allegri under the buss for that putrid play last year so we are certainly going to throw sarri under it, for this abject performances. And let's face it. Last year we played poorly but won convincingly most of the time. Now I feel like we already got 6 or 7 lucky wins.
We changed allegri for an improvement in play aka "attacking football". All we got was "fuck sarribal" style and my patience with him has run out.
I honestly can't see things improving with him, no faith in that either, seeing that he persists with things that doesn't work, bernajoker.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...We changed allegri for an improvement in play aka "attacking football"....
yeah, that's what half of tuz wanted to believe. not that the management cares about our "brand of football" at all.

allegri was fired because after 5 years at the club, he couldn't motivate the squad anymore. too bad sarri can't shake up his players even after 5 months at the club; genoa and sassuolo matches are prime examples to that. anyway, sarri has the strongest squad, he's the "better league coach" (don't quote me on that one, this term was used by some random tuz xperd during the summer), so we should keep winning the league easily i guess.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
We threw allegri under the buss for that putrid play last year so we are certainly going to throw sarri under it, for this abject performances. And let's face it. Last year we played poorly but won convincingly most of the time. Now I feel like we already got 6 or 7 lucky wins.
We changed allegri for an improvement in play aka "attacking football". All we got was "fuck sarribal" style and my patience with him has run out.
I honestly can't see things improving with him, no faith in that either, seeing that he persists with things that doesn't work, bernajoker.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Paratici: “Our choice to change Allegri was not down to results or style of football. Style of football was not central to the reasoning for changing.

“We chose Maurizio because we felt he was the best Coach for Juventus right now, just as Allegri was five years ago and Conte three years before that.

“These are all different Coaches with different characteristics. Sarri showed he can win in the Premier League and internationally, so he’s the right man for the job.

“He was absolutely the first choice. I don’t know what we said to convince him, maybe he just felt we really wanted him.”

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
yeah, that's what half of tuz wanted to believe. not that the management cares about our "brand of football" at all.

allegri was fired because after 5 years at the club, he couldn't motivate the squad anymore. too bad sarri can't shake up his players even after 5 months at the club; genoa and sassuolo matches are prime examples to that. anyway, sarri has the strongest squad, he's the "better league coach" (don't quote me on that one, this term was used by some random tuz xperd during the summer), so we should keep winning the league easily i guess.
Paratici: “Our choice to change Allegri was not down to results or style of football. Style of football was not central to the reasoning for changing.

“We chose Maurizio because we felt he was the best Coach for Juventus right now, just as Allegri was five years ago and Conte three years before that.

“These are all different Coaches with different characteristics. Sarri showed he can win in the Premier League and internationally, so he’s the right man for the job.

“He was absolutely the first choice. I don’t know what we said to convince him, maybe he just felt we really wanted him.”
It seems we wanted to go backwards.
Who in their right mind would change a proven winner? And motivation doesn't cut it because if the players were not motivated we wouldn't have won Seria a.
Why take the chance?
Very thin reasoning.
A poor result at Lazio and sarii is going to feel a fire light up under his ass.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Who in their right mind would change a proven winner? And motivation doesn't cut it because if the players were not motivated we wouldn't have won Seria a.
Why take the chance?
Very thin reasoning.
A poor result at Lazio and sarii is going to feel a fire light up under his ass.
It is reported Allegri wanted to have more say in the transfer market which the management didn't agree and brought a yes man Sarri

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Why take the chance?
Very thin reasoning.
Allegri was done, you mustve noticed if you watched Juventus at the end of last season. Theres a reason the man took a year off in the prime of his coaching career, both Juve and Allegri needed a change. Max hunted CL with all he had for five seasons and lived through 5 bitter dissappointments, that takes a toll on you.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Allegri was done, you mustve noticed if you watched Juventus at the end of last season. Theres a reason the man took a year off in the prime of his coaching career, both Juve and Allegri needed a change. Max hunted CL with all he had for five seasons and lived through 5 bitter dissappointments, that takes a toll on you.
fortunately coaches are more mature than fans. cardiff took a bigger toll on tuz than on allegri. cl wasn't neither allegri's obsession, nor he was supposed to win it with the squad at his disposal. the same stands for sarri: if he wins it with this midfield, one single proper fullback, this version of cr and without usable wingers, then we're fucking lucky to have him.

btw allegri had plans for next season, he was ready for the next year. also, countless of other coaches like guardiola, mourinho, conte or ancelotti have had sabbatical years. like these things weren't completely ordinary.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Honestly, any club that fails to win or reach final ECL with CR7 should just consider themselves a failure from the directorial level to players level.

Right now, it looks like the case but I hope to be proven wrong. We definitely need a strong winter mercato to bring in peak naingolan level of midfielders in order to challenge in ECL.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Honestly, any club that fails to win or reach final ECL with CR7 should just consider themselves a failure from the directorial level to players level.
some failures for you, all from real madrid:
2014-15: semifinals, vs juventus
2012-13: semifinals, vs dortmund
2011-12: semifinals, vs bayern
2010-11: semifinals, vs barcelona
2009-10: round of 16, lyon

and these all happened including prime ronaldo, not this 34-year-old soon-to-be-retired one. it took them 5 years to win a cl, a near-perfect modric, casemiro, kroos midfield and some lucky ties to win an other 3. ronaldo is not enough, and cl is a lottery anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)