Maurizio Sarri (8 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Diff between Chiellini & newbie de Ligt. Other than that, eerily identical. So, not "levels below" Allegri afterall or worse than current Mou lol.

Not that that's large enough sample size given diff opponents.

Also, still early times for Sarri. 3 months in, not 5 years in with downward trend in the end. Going from 5 years of Allegri ball (or more like decades of rigid Juve ball) to a possession based game takes time. And you're a fool if you thought Sarri doesnt pay attn to defense or balance & isn't flexible and that the club was hiring a Zeman.
@Bianconero_Aus @Post Ironic
There it is :touched:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
It’s funny how some people ignore that Allegri too played possession football. It was only against top Europeans teams he didn’t (or when he wanted the team to soak up pressure and use minimum energy after scoring a goal). But guess what. Sarri too doesn’t play possession football against top teams.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
It’s funny how some people ignore that Allegri too played possession football. It was only against top Europeans teams he didn’t (or when he wanted the team to soak up pressure and use minimum energy after scoring a goal). But guess what. Sarri too doesn’t play possession football against top teams.
He does not? How do you figure?

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
True, there were a lot of passes between BBC.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
He does not? How do you figure?
They had 51% against City, Shaktar and Feyenoord when they got knocked out of the group stages in the CL in Sarri’s last season.

- - - Updated - - -

True, there were a lot of passes between BBC.
There’s no pointless possession play under Sarri :agree:
That’s why we bang in goals and Ronaldo is half-way to 40+ goals.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
They had 51% against City, Shaktar and Feyenoord when they got knocked out of the group stages in the CL in Sarri’s last season.

- - - Updated - - -

There’s no pointless possession play under Sarri :agree:
That’s why we bang in goals and Ronaldo is half-way to 40+ goals.
So what is he’s statistic as a coach for Juve. My feeling is that apart from the Leverkusen game we were the team with most possesion?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
So what is he’s statistic as a coach for Juve. My feeling is that apart from the Leverkusen game we were the team with most possesion?
We got a lot against minor teams in Serie A, but Napoli, Inter and Genoa had more than us when we played them.
The point is that I don’t care much about possession. Especially when it’s pointless passing around. It was the Sarri fanboys who cared about possession, but it doesn’t seem like the stats are any different than under Allegri.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He has won more points than Allegri and Conte in their first seasons at Juve after 11 rounds.
C’mon dude. We could have kept Max, given him the midfield upgrades, De Ligt, the return of Higgy, etc and had this many points, and scored more goals.

The argument from you and others for bringing Sarri to replace Max was to play a more exciting, attacking brand of football, score more goals, dominate more games. We’re doing none of this so far. We’re 2.5 months into the season and w’ve won 2 games by more than 1 goal.

I’m happy we’re scraping wins and getting results, that’s fantastic. But scraping wins is all we’re doing, and that’s not why we hired Sarri. Hope it changes soon and we start seeing some better performances alongside the results

- - - Updated - - -

And swarthy af.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
C’mon dude. We could have kept Max, given him the midfield upgrades, De Ligt, the return of Higgy, etc and had this many points, and scored more goals.

The argument from you and others for bringing Sarri to replace Max was to play a more exciting, attacking brand of football, score more goals, dominate more games. We’re doing none of this so far. We’re 2.5 months into the season and w’ve won 2 games by more than 1 goal.

I’m happy we’re scraping wins and getting results, that’s fantastic. But scraping wins is all we’re doing, and that’s not why we hired Sarri. Hope it changes soon and we start seeing some better performances alongside the results

- - - Updated - - -

And swarthy af.
Well since we are comparing then lets compare their first seasons. I agree at this very point there is no upgrade. At least there is no downgrade, we are getting results. There was no point of going with Allegri for another season.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Sarri's style reminds you of Capello?
I find our play in the final 3rd very predictable and boring in most games this year and without improvements over brand of football we saw between Nov-Feb last season. As Ive said, I hope this will change and if Ramsey & Costa remain fit and start games, we will look much better, our game will have more facets. But so far we have struggled even against the most average of opponents and the gulf in quality between us and the rest in Italy is huge. Im loving the results though....

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Sarri in a nutshell:

- Almost always puts me to sleep with the predictable attacking moves.
- Almost always gives me a heart attack when the opponents attack.

Either way he's trying to kill me.

Fuck Sarri.

PS/ Individual brilliance is the only thing keeping me alive.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Sarri in a nutshell:

- Almost always puts me to sleep with the predictable attacking moves.
- Almost always gives me a heart attack when the opponents attack.

Either way he's trying to kill me.

Fuck Sarri.

PS/ Individual brilliance is the only thing keeping me alive.
Almost always you make such pathetic posts.

P.S. for the sake of your health hope the management fires him right now.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
We got a lot against minor teams in Serie A, but Napoli, Inter and Genoa had more than us when we played them.
The point is that I don’t care much about possession. Especially when it’s pointless passing around. It was the Sarri fanboys who cared about possession, but it doesn’t seem like the stats are any different than under Allegri.
So, what's the argument? Sarri = Allegri? Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And swarthy af.
Talk about major shifting of goal posts.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

I’m happy we’re scraping wins and getting results, that’s fantastic. But scraping wins is all we’re doing, and that’s not why we hired Sarri. Hope it changes soon and we start seeing some better performances alongside the results.
Yep.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Let’s actually look at our so-called squad upgrades:

We bought De Ligt but lost Chiellini. That’s a downgrade.
We bought Ramsey and Rabiot, which looks like good business on paper. However, Ramsey has been consistently injured and Rabiot is still not fully fit because he spent all of last season on the sidelines for PSG.
Higuain is the only one you have a valid point on.
On the other hand, we lost Cancelo (one of our most creative players last season) and replaced him with a vastly inferior player in Danilo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

We bought Ramsey and Rabiot, which looks like good business on paper. However, Ramsey has been consistently injured and Rabiot is still not fully fit because he spent all of last season on the sidelines for PSG.
On the other hand, we lost Cancelo (one of our most creative players last season) and replaced him with a vastly inferior player in Danilo.
You blamed our previous coach for injuries to our players. So let’s stick with that.

Thanks.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

We replaced Cancelo with vastly superior player in Cuadrado...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)