Maurizio Sarri (127 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That's a strong move by our board. Even if it doesn't work out I really like how we have become bold and and not being afraid of change.

Insanity after all is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

This has become even more urgent for us due to the ages of Ronaldo and Chiellini.

Agnielli has demonstrated a huge determination to win CL and turn us to a global powerhouse. He signed Ronaldo, he fired Marotta and now he realised that we need to change our philosophy for a more attacking one. I'm enjoying seeing our board trying new things and with this determination, borderline obsession, the CL will soon come.

Maybe Sarri offered a good balance between an attacking philosophy and the Italian reality. Maybe he was the most easy to get from the coaches that play this kind of football. We might never learn this.

But it's a bold move. And one I'm excited to see the results of. And I'm really proud of Agnielli and the mentality he has demonstrated since he took over.
A huge determination to win the CL, goes and gets a coach thta has never ever played a CL match before :howler:

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Makes sense. He's tired of losing the CHL so we recalibrated and went for the EL instead.
haha :D

everyone needs to shot of Calma this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

A huge determination to win the CL, goes and gets a coach thta has never ever played a CL match before :howler:
I'm still in grief but trying to see the silver lining.

I'm excited to see us string some nice passes together, etc but he has to prove us wrong as max did.

I'll try and give him until November-ish to start streaming some consistent results or at least see improvements. Will take time for his methods to bear fruit I'm sure (LMAO maybe they never will)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I've been calma since the beginning. I knew we would end up with this fat hypocrite and I accepted it. Now it's just interesting to see 1) how much damage this is going to inflict during next season and 2) how long it will take to reestablish a sound course after we sack him
yeah I sorta came to terms with Sarri and that it was inevitable a couple weeks ago.

I'll be honest though, i'm glad that drama is over now hopefully we can improve the lineup. Hopefully AA was right on the gamble. Gonna be a stressful first half of the season

Jun 6, 2015
Give this dude a chance. They want to expand the brand by playing more possession football and Cr7 clearly wasn't happy with Allegri.

Allegri had 5 years to win the CL with a gigantic club as ours, and he failed. He reached 2 finals but didn't get the job done. Historically, the 5 biggest clubs in Europe in my eyes are Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus and United. You can throw Liverpool in there as well. They've all won the CL in the last 10-12 years. Since we last won it all the others have won it multiple times. Clearly we can't allow a guy to go 5 years failing and then extend him. That 2nd half against Ajax was a fireable offence by itself. Absolutely disgraceful. You have a team of this calibre and at the business end of season Ajax teenagers made them look like u-14 amateur girls.

Let's see if Sarri can bring some enthusiasm back on the court.
Congrats, you just won the prize for the worst post in this thread :juventus:

With the amount of competition and the resources available to you, it's pretty impressive.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Congrats, you just won the prize for the worst post in this thread :juventus:

With the amount of competition and the resources available to you, it's pretty impressive.
Cut it out dude. I didn't trash Allegri. He had spectacular results domestically. He also had 5 tries and didn't get it done in Europe. The way we crashed out against teenagers with the best player in the world doesn't warrant an extension.

Come up with something constructive if you want to argue that point.

Jun 6, 2015
In your head Spurs on paper are nowhere near top 4 in EPL, yet they're fifth or sixth? Ok. And you rate Ajax as a vastly superior side to Tottenham? Lets agree that I won't send you transfermarkt links and you won't reply to my posts with your thoughts on football :D
Tottenham's players are valuable and rated highly because they've improved under Poch. There's nothing dramatic or weird in rating Poch over Sarri, actually most people who follow football do. The only reason he's still at Spurs is because he seems to be more loyal than some other coaches.

Just look at the amount of money they've spent in transfer fees and wages compared to other top teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Cut it out dude. I didn't trash Allegri. He had spectacular results domestically. He also had 5 tries and didn't get it done in Europe. The way we crashed out against teenagers with the best player in the world doesn't warrant an extension.

Come up with something constructive if you want to argue that point.
Well your post didn't have anything constructive to argue over. It's simply a grown man crying over how Allegri made our team one of the best teams in Europe while winning everything domestically.

"CR7 clearly wasn't happy with Allegri"

What the fuck is that bullshit for example? Are you a psychic?

Like I've said to everyone in the anti-Allegri clan, all the facts show how hugely successful Allegri was, so I don't need to come up with any highly subjective and emotional bs.

Last edited:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'm trying to imagine how will he act in the Napoli away fixture. Will he celebrate if we score? I never liked hia press conferences but I'm looking forward for the one after that round. It's gonna be priceless for sure.

Karna

May 17, 2019
Sarri had 12 consecutive victory in the beginning with Chelsea and then everything went downward. After he selects a set of players he completely ignores the rest of the squad. Chelsea only finished 3rd because other teams underperformed in the end. Europa league matches were also against small teams. So keep your expectations low. He only can prove himself from here on out.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm trying to imagine how will he act in the Napoli away fixture. Will he celebrate if we score? I never liked hia press conferences but I'm looking forward for the one after that round. It's gonna be priceless for sure.
or more importantly, will he dedicate his next title to the good people of napoli? can't wait to find out.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Sarri had 12 consecutive victory in the beginning with Chelsea and then everything went downward. After he selects a set of players he completely ignores the rest of the squad. Chelsea only finished 3rd because other teams underperformed in the end. Europa league matches were also against small teams. So keep your expectations low. He only can prove himself from here on out.
Although he is set in his ways I do think shit squads played a part in his lack of rotation
Chelsea didn't have much going for them in terms of bench and Napoli had a starting 11 that was far far far superior than his bench

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
or more importantly, will he dedicate his next title to the good people of napoli? can't wait to find out.
He dedicated his first throphy to them. I have no doubt he will dedicate his first Scudetto (if we'll hypotetically win it) to them as well. It will be epic.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
probably, yeah

I wont be the only one who is tired of these twitter dudes promising something only to get it wrong

no different than goal.com but that was no longer allowed
goal is posted all the time. Romeo works there. lol

+ GDM was shit last year but we still post him.

as long as things makes sense and more than 1 talk about it then I see no wrong posting their news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)