Maurizio Sarri (151 Viewers)

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Momblano made a claim, saying it was “99% likely that Sarri would not be coaching Juventus next season.”

He’s also suggested that as a temporary solution, the Juve management could appoint Fabio Capello as coach with Andrea Pirlo presumably as an assistant.
We shouldn’t be quoting someone like him, he’s completely lost it since that Guardiola fairytale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Jurgen Klopp would have won a UCL with the Juventus team of the last few years, no doubt.

What style is that? Klopp can play defensively, possession, and counter. He’s the best manager in the world, simple.
We have this fragile playstation generation around getting offended by anything and on top of that, they can't live professional life so you actually need a leader, the guy who can bring good athmosphere among the team and have the trust of these players, instead of some medival fossil who believes certain traditions. Klopp is great example of a great manager, im sure almost all the players would like to play for him, and that's the most important thing for getting the absolute most out of the players. Still, i would say he wouldn't have won UCL with us, just because it was pain in the ass with Liverpool already, with way better team in there and winning UCL is never guaranteed, no matter what kind of team you have.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Consecutive clean sheets vs. Inter, Napoli, Milan, Bologna :snoop:

I think his defensive principles are way ahead of his attacking. We have done reasonably well this year defensively, considering Chiellini basically vanished overnight. :shifty:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Consecutive clean sheets vs. Inter, Napoli, Milan, Bologna :snoop:

I think his defensive principles are way ahead of his attacking. We have done reasonably well this year defensively, considering Chiellini basically vanished overnight. :shifty:
we do have a more than sufficient chiellini substitute though :mdl2:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I agree. At this point, he's a monster.

But at the start of the year he was not.
shaky start, i agree. but was it like 2 games? maybe 3? (and let's not consider the unlucky handballs, especially not the one vs lecce, which shouldn't have been a penalty at first place)

what i'm saying is that chiellini's absence wasn't that big of an issue. conceding 1 goal per matches isn't what you call juve worthy, and it was down to systematic problems like midfield providing zero cover for the cb's, our fullbacks getting cancelled with crosses and through balls, and also the zonal marking with dead ball situations took some time to get used to. also, buffon saved our ass in the coppa final, and it only was napoli, a one trick pony team parking the bus and countering when it was possible.

anyway, i agree that at the moment, attack and game management needs more attention than defending. we've been more solid than not at the back lately.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
shaky start, i agree. but was it like 2 games? maybe 3? (and let's not consider the unlucky handballs, especially not the one vs lecce, which shouldn't have been a penalty at first place)

what i'm saying is that chiellini's absence wasn't that big of an issue. conceding 1 goal per matches isn't what you call juve worthy, and it was down to systematic problems like midfield providing zero cover for the cb's, our fullbacks getting cancelled with crosses and through balls, and also the zonal marking with dead ball situations took some time to get used to. also, buffon saved our ass in the coppa final, and it only was napoli, a one trick pony team parking the bus and countering when it was possible.

anyway, i agree that at the moment, attack and game management needs more attention than defending. we've been more solid than not at the back lately.
I think Chiellini's absence has always been an issue. Going back multiple years, I don't think we've ever played well without him. Not just his personality and talent but the fact he plays LCB.

It was probably not smart to try MDL immediately at LCB instead of Bonucci. But I'm glad that has been changed.

In general, I do like his principles, as we keep the ball out of dangerous areas for long periods of the match. The zonal marking on set pieces does irk me. I think our CBs have been covered decently all year, it was the fullbacks who were uncovered with the 4-3-1-2. But I think that's been remedied lately.

I just like the principles of the defensive line and winning the ball back quickly. I think we are unexpectedly effective at this considering we don't exactly have three Mandzukic's up front.

I just think it's interesting because in regard to his defensive principles, if executed optimally, I think they are basically ideal. But in attack, even if you execute them optimally, I'm not sure you even want to do these things (for example, if you pass sideways with 100% accuracy, you are still going sideways).

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
agree on the rest, just a remark on this:
I think Chiellini's absence has always been an issue. Going back multiple years, I don't think we've ever played well without him.
yeah, that's been an issue for years. bonucci-chiellini and chiellini-barza pairings worked, but without chiellini, we were screwed, mostly because bonbon wasn't too solid as an lcb, and because as a man marker, chiellini is in a class of his own. nobody wins duels during crucial matches, against basically any striker better than chiellini.

and that's why de ligt deserves all credit: not only he's been excellent on his own right, at the same time he can protect bonucci's ass pretty effectively and he makes bonbon's weaknesses (like aeriel duels, or any duels for that matter) less evident. i wonder how these two can work when the team clicks and we meet a quality opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)