Maurizio Sarri (30 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Sarriball is a myth Napoli played good football long before he arrived he just improved it slightly. We've got exactly what I and many of you expected. I say get rid now while we are still in Europe and can still win the league
What's the point in rewritting history? Napoli played a completely different game before Sarri.

Benitez was distinctly stale at Napoli, came at 5th place with some 20 points less. Sarri coming in moved to 80+, got 2nd place, got 20 more goals out of Higuain in the league, revived Insigne, etc.

"improved slightly" Let's not let the hate for Sarri warp reality.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
What's the point in rewritting history? Napoli played a completely different game before Sarri.

Benitez was distinctly stale at Napoli, came at 5th place with some 20 points less. Sarri coming in moved to 80+, got 2nd place, got 20 more goals out of Higuain in the league, revived Insigne, etc.

"improved slightly" Let's not let the hate for Sarri warp reality.
So what is going wrong at juve for him

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
So what is going wrong at juve for him
Many things are, and it's up in the air to see how it all ends.

What's certain is that the things that are currently happening with him at Juve do not retroactively change the things that Sarri and Benitez did at Napoli. The change that Napoli made when Sarri came for Benitez was crystal clear. Trying to discredit this to attack the current situation at Juve is senseless.

You can hate Sarri at Juve without erasing his past. Otherwise it's hard to take things seriously.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Many things are, and it's up in the air to see how it all ends.

What's certain is that the things that are currently happening with him at Juve do not retroactively change the things that Sarri and Benitez did at Napoli. The change that Napoli made when Sarri came for Benitez was crystal clear. Trying to discredit this to attack the current situation at Juve is senseless.

You can hate Sarri at Juve without erasing his past. Otherwise it's hard to take things seriously.
Why did they win 2 trophies within a year before he came and didn't come close to one with him?

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Let’s not fuck about here. Sarri’s Napoli were good to watch and worked great as a team which we all wanted here. Just certain managers can/can’t handle managing big clubs and their stars.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If by that, you mean they always had plan A and nothing else then I dare to say yes.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
I mean it always was about two players doing the same things from the wings while the one in the center attacking the space - I felt like it is obvious to know where the ball will be next... I guess others didnt find it predictable as they fell to it over and over again..

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Let’s not fuck about here. Sarri’s Napoli were good to watch and worked great as a team which we all wanted here. Just certain managers can/can’t handle managing big clubs and their stars.
I agree in perspective, however i personally never wanted him here for many obvious reasons.. and i believe many here shared the same view, without taking anything away from him being a good coach, both him along with his philosophy portrayed at Napoli are just clearly not fitted for present day Juventus.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Why did they win 2 trophies within a year before he came and didn't come close to one with him?
In case this isn't a rethorical question, the fact Benitez won a coppa and a supercup is not better, not even close, than what came after for Napoli. Saying "trophies" is not the end all. Ask Napoli fans how they felt seeing their team fall to 5th in Serie A and miss CL vs how they felt with Higuain breaking records and their fighting for the scudetto.

Saying they didn't come close with Sarri is disingenuous. The last Allegri vs Sarri shouldn't be forgotten. They led the table for most of the season and beat us in the last direct game. Had they beat Fiorentina in the last rounds they would have won the league. It was certainly the closest that Napoli has come to win the league in their history since Maradona.

Benitez had the shameful honor to leave Napoli out of CL in 2 out 2 seasons: finishing 3rd and losing the playoff and then finishing 5th. Which seasons would you chose for your club?

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I agree in perspective, however i personally never wanted him here for many obvious reasons.. and i believe many here shared the same view, without taking anything away from him being a good coach, both him along with his philosophy portrayed at Napoli are just clearly not fitted for present day Juventus.
As much as I mess about with Sarri. I always back whatever manager we currently have. Always willing to give someone a fair crack me. But hearing all the kind of bullshit like if we were to lose then I’m happy it were against Napoli really didn’t go down well.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
In case this isn't a rethorical question, the fact Benitez won a coppa and a supercup is not better, not even close, than what came after for Napoli. Saying "trophies" is not the end all. Ask Napoli fans how they felt seeing their team fall to 5th in Serie A and miss CL vs how they felt with Higuain breaking records and their fighting for the scudetto.

Saying they didn't come close with Sarri is disingenuous. The last Allegri vs Sarri shouldn't be forgotten. They led the table for most of the season and beat us in the last direct game. Had they beat Fiorentina in the last rounds they would have won the league. It was certainly the closest that Napoli has come to win the league in their history since Maradona.

Benitez had the shameful honor to leave Napoli out of CL in 2 out 2 seasons: finishing 3rd and losing the playoff and then finishing 5th. Which seasons would you chose for your club?
Idc about how Napoli fans felt. I care about our current coach's past and his incredible history of not being able to win shit.

Lol no they wouldn't have won. We were still one point ahead after that loss in direct game. Then we took 10/12 points to finish the season. Napoli took 6/12. Only draw came against Roma away when we needed a point to win the league and they needed a point to qualify for CL. Either team barely crossed the halfway line.

I would choose the seasons in which my team won trophies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Idc about how Napoli fans felt. I care about our current coach's past and his incredible history of not being able to win shit.

Lol no they wouldn't have won. We were still one point ahead after that loss in direct game. Then we took 10/12 points to finish the season. Napoli took 6/12. Only draw came against Roma away when we needed a point to win the league and they needed a point to qualify for CL. Either team barely crossed the halfway line.

I would choose the seasons in which my team won trophies.
Yes, let's hope we win the coppa but finish below Atalanta and Roma.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Anyway - we've come to a point where people starting coming out with inside information. Today we have an ex ultras on FB claiming it's a very dangerous situation for Sarri, players don't like him, they don't understand what he wants from them, they expressed their unhappiness to the management and he will be fired with immediate effect if he doesn't win against Brescia.

Obviously I choose to believe it. I always liked gurus and insiders :andyandbarcelona:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, let's hope we win the coppa but finish below Atalanta and Roma.
Umm...what?

Again, Idc about Napoli, I'm not comparing them to Juventus, it's a completely different standard. But obviously winning trophies especially for a team that hasn't won many is a plus. I'm not saying Benitez finishing 5th is better than Sarri pushing Juventus to the end. But winning trophies is better than doing absolutely nothing in other competitions. What did Sarri do with all those CL qualifications? Got eliminated to EL again. What did he do by giving up going deep in coppa for the sake of 'fighting for Scudetto'? Juve's shining cock in his mouth.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)