Maurizio Sarri (99 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
With Allegri we were playing safe and we failed multiple times , now accept the new approach and nothing is guaranteed ...
Perfectly stated! If no CL trophy Sarri might still go after only one year and definitely gone if no league title. And who knows about his health going forward. Management with not moving players has made it more difficult for Sarri but also given him a chance to show if he indeed can be a great manager. Sarri just needs to find the best 11 by early 2020.
:jflag:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
What Sarri did at Napoli and Chelsea is more impressive than what Poch has done at Spurs. Apart from Hazard and Kante, Spurs have a far superior squad to Chelsea.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i agree. while Sarri lacks the tactical touch of Euromaxx which got us past top foreign sides in the CL, this team really has no excuse to not absolutely beat up on Serie A.

and despite our mediocre preseason i am very confident there should ne no domestic issues

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Or maybe it's because he has absolutely no class whatsoever coupled with the fact that his career so far really isn't that impressive. And we're not exactly talking about a young upcoming, modern coach either.
Class is pretty subjective IMO. When Sarri smokes, it's disgusting. When Lippi or Carlo smoke, it's romantic. If Sarri wins the CL with a cigarette in his mouth, you can guarantee his smoking will no longer be disgusting.

Even if I think Allegri is classy. He had moments where he ripped off his coat. Yelled at players. Argued with journos on TV. Is Conte classier than Sarri? Screaming on the sidelines all the time. Celebrating like a child for 5-0 goals. Suspended for match fixing! Quit on the club afterwards lol.

If you think his football will win us fuck all then who am I to argue that opinion. No one knows the answer to that right now. You may very well be right.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Class is pretty subjective IMO. When Sarri smokes, it's disgusting. When Lippi or Carlo smoke, it's romantic. If Sarri wins the CL with a cigarette in his mouth, you can guarantee his smoking will no longer be disgusting.

Even if I think Allegri is classy. He had moments where he ripped off his coat. Yelled at players. Argued with journos on TV. Is Conte classier than Sarri? Screaming on the sidelines all the time. Celebrating like a child for 5-0 goals. Suspended for match fixing! Quit on the club afterwards lol.

If you think his football will win us fuck all then who am I to argue that opinion. No one knows the answer to that right now. You may very well be right.
Whoever has said that Conte is classy?

Jun 6, 2015

Smoking used to be perceived differently in the nineties. Some might even say it was considered cool back then. I think you're old enough to remember how the public opinion has shifted on that subject.

Allegri is probably one of the classiest coaches around so it isn't a fair comparison. I think the fact that Sarri looks like a hobo most of the time is the reason people don't view him as classy, not his actions.

I'm sure showing your middle finger doesn't help either though :D

Last edited:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
why? pneumonia isnt serious
Pneumonia in a chronic smoker can be a very serious thing. According to various websites, he smokes 3 packs a day. Assuming that he started smoking at 20 years of age, that amounts to 120 pack year history of smoking. That’s crazy.

He probably has Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Let’s hope that there is no underlying cancer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)