Mauricio Pochettino and other coaches (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It wasn't if we would've actually switched up the team like was needed and like he asked.
Im not a Sarri fan but it was indeed over and we needed to change approach in order to get to the next level.
The board chose Sarri and I understand their idea even if I dont agree with it.
Lets hope that if he continues there will be a change in our next season and if he doesnt remain - Lets hope we get the right coach

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
yeah well when it's most of the team or you that's when you cycle is over.
Since it's easier to switch manager than more than half of the team
Easier? Yes. Better? No. We obviously made the wrong choice here by letting a far superior coach leave and keep mediocre players instead of upgrading.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not a Sarri fan but it was indeed over and we needed to change approach in order to get to the next level.
The board chose Sarri and I understand their idea even if I dont agree with it.
Lets hope that if he continues there will be a change in our next season and if he doesnt remain - Lets hope we get the right coach
That is the thing. It will only change if we shake up the team. And that would've revived Allegri's team as well..

Last edited:

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
What all the hype here about Pochettino. What did he do in his 5 years at the Spurs. One CL finale in 5 YEARS. Really and that is what you guys want????
Klopp who every body think is the best coach with Guardiola and Zidane., Took Liverpool over in the 2015/2016 season. Won the Cl in his 4 year and The league in his 5th.
Allergy was done at Juve . Most of the players did not want to follow him any more. Example Dybala one of the reasons we wanted to sell him came from Allegri.
What a mistake that would have been. I give Sarri a 2th Year and see what will happen and I am not his greatest fan. On top of that Allegri was very lucky , he took over a great team and a shitty league, level Belgium Jupiler league or league 1 in France. let's be honest about that. We had at a certain point a great midfield Vidal- Pirlo- Pogba
What did Sarri inherited a poor midfield. Let him bring in more of what he knows,he was great in Napoli and not bad in Chelsea. The problem is we have NO MONEY.
and other team in Italy are growing like Atalanta, Milan. Sassuolo + most of al Inter and they have the MONEY

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Easier? Yes. Better? No. We obviously made the wrong choice here by letting a far superior coach leave and keep mediocre players instead of upgrading.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the thing. It will only change if we shake up the team. And that would've revived Allegri's team as well..
Its because we waited too long to do so that we had/have to do most of the replacing at once. The midfield was a problem since Pogba left, Max made it work briefly for a few months with the 4231, but we never tried to invest heavily into it. We also kept players for too long. Sami had to be let go in 2018, he was still our 2nd best mid and while in decline physically, played some great games that year. We decided to keep him and he broke down physically. Same for Matuidi in 2019. If both were sold and replaced at those times, our current midfield situation looks far more promising. And thats just the midfield, stuff like bringing Bonucci back at the expense of Benatia, keeping Rugani at CB, failing to offload Higuain (should have never been bought imo), the fullbacks madness... if you accumulate such problems over years then its tough solving them in one summer, so letting Max go seemed like the easier way out for the mgmt

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Not the best choice out there but who is available? Mourinho? Meh.

btw are we just speculating here or are there rumors about signing him?
If you ask me I think sarri is a stop gap for a top manager like Zidane or pep, who i think either one or both will leave by the end of next season. I just can't see us hiring poch, he wants too much money talking about 12+ mill which I think is ridiculous given his lack of success.

I'm just not buying these rumours sarri is gone after the CL, think about the quick turn over to next season, its a risky move to change managers at a great expense.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What all the hype here about Pochettino. What did he do in his 5 years at the Spurs. One CL finale in 5 YEARS. Really and that is what you guys want????
Klopp who every body think is the best coach with Guardiola and Zidane., Took Liverpool over in the 2015/2016 season. Won the Cl in his 4 year and The league in his 5th.
Allergy was done at Juve . Most of the players did not want to follow him any more. Example Dybala one of the reasons we wanted to sell him came from Allegri.
What a mistake that would have been. I give Sarri a 2th Year and see what will happen and I am not his greatest fan. On top of that Allegri was very lucky , he took over a great team and a shitty league, level Belgium Jupiler league or league 1 in France. let's be honest about that. We had at a certain point a great midfield Vidal- Pirlo- Pogba
What did Sarri inherited a poor midfield. Let him bring in more of what he knows,he was great in Napoli and not bad in Chelsea. The problem is we have NO MONEY.
and other team in Italy are growing like Atalanta, Milan. Sassuolo + most of al Inter and they have the MONEY
Ok. So let me get this right.

Give sorri the bus driver a chance.

We are poor, but other teams in the league are rich. Gotcha.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Juventus have already contacted Mauricio Pochettino to ask if he’ll replace Maurizio Sarri in Turin, claim Sportitalia, after their Champions League exit.

Influential transfer expert Alfredo Pedullà claims the club is in full flow to find a new coach following the defeat on away goals to Lyon in the Round of 16.

It’s claimed Pochettino is not only the hot favourite, but an initial contact has already been made to see if he is up for the challenge.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #119
    This club is basically built to win the league. Pretty sure any coach walking to Juve can win that trophy until the other clubs catch up.

Can this guy motivate players? We have players we talent but little motivation. Can he get the most out of players? Or would this guy come for his system/philosophy?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)