Mauricio Isla (197 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Dude it doesn't matter who. He's not an oldie on high wages. He had a decent world cup as well. We should sell or just keep him, someone would make a call to him sooner or later. Or just don't waste money on Romulo and keep him on the bench.

Marotta is too soft when it to comes to offloading players. Not being able to sell Isla for 8-10m is ridiculous.
It's difficult to sell players that aren't high in demand. After 2 poor seasons with us getting 10m for Isla would be like a winning a jackpot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Fuuck, I've read last 20 pages and realised what a bunch of hypocrites are hiding here. Now it seems that everyone was against his signing in the first place, while in fact most of the guys wanted to sell Licht immediately after Isla arrived. Also how many here was against selling him to Inter last season, because he might regain his form.

But it's easier to act dumb and blame Marotta for everything.

Only few members thought that signing him is a risky and unnecessary.
Well, it's not like you've been here for 9 years. :D

Have you seen Barzagli's thread? Fantastic place.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Fuuck, I've read last 20 pages and realised what a bunch of hypocrites are hiding here. Now it seems that everyone was against his signing in the first place, while in fact most of the guys wanted to sell Licht immediately after Isla arrived. Also how many here was against selling him to Inter last season, because he might regain his form.

It's good that you ended your post with that phrase.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
It's difficult to sell players that aren't high in demand. After 2 poor seasons with us getting 10m for Isla would be like a winning a jackpot.
It's not impossible. Marotta is too soft for me. He should have kept him until someone offers outright buy. He had a decent WC and there's still a month of the mercato. Most EPL teams are able to pay 8m for a player like Isla.

Loaning out him is a mistake in my book. Now we'll be milked with this guy till his contract runs out and he cost us 14m.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It's not impossible. Marotta is too soft for me. He should have kept him until someone offers outright buy. He had a decent WC and there's still a month of the mercato. Most EPL teams are able to pay 8m for a player like Isla.

Loaning out him is a mistake in my book. Now we'll be milked with this guy till his contract runs out and he cost us 14m.
Agreed.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

He sold Matri last season, 29 yo and mediocre player by all means for 12m. I wouldn't call him soft, but we tend to buy players while on their upward curve and consequently pay more than what we can gain by selling them. He has still 3 years of contract left iirc, so let's hope he'll have a good spell wherever he goes and that we get rid of him. :xfinger: His WC performances were pretty meh if you ask me.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well if that is what you believe, why do you have to make such lame statements all the time instead of just argumenting for your opinion? It lowers the experience of visiting this site...
She has a point. Is the way he expresses himself with ironic/sarcastic/rage-indused comments against the team.

Hey, we all are mad that we are overespending. But lets try to vend it in another way.

I hated him since minute 1. So dont count me in.
At first i was skeptical because i didnt know him, but after some weeks it turned into pure rage and hatred because of his bullshid performances.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I posted a big answer but lost it.

In the end, we paid around 15M for Isla, in very very extended payment conditions. I was all in for it at that time, thought he'd fit like a glove. I'd never bash Marotta for signing him on these terms.

But I don't like the loan now.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Why don't you support Real Madrid? They buy shiny expensive players every year to be able to be "on their way to winning the CL title." They would fit your mindset perfectly, especially when you expect us to challenge for CL in the short run with that kind of transfer strategy. But guess what, even Real had to wait several years for a CL title.

Jesus, how come people can't be just a little nuanced in their critics? It's fair that you don't think this piece of bussiness, some of our other deals or our transfer strategy and/or the outcome on the market in general are satisfying, but just shouting SHIT at every move that isn't a dream move or perfect is foolish...
Why don't you support Albinoleffe?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
There better be a couple million coming our way for a loan. Why do we not charge clubs for loans? Basically it's a win win situation for the club who raid us on loan.

QPR are loaded, i'm sure they'd pay 1.5M for a probable first team player for a season.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Still can't get over us paying 18M for him in the first place when Licht proved to be an absolute beast. We literally spent more money on him than almost all of our starters.

Even if he was in his pre-injury Udinese form, wtf was the point. We had no left back or genuine wide players bar Pepe and we agree to a 2 year 18M payment plan for Licht competition :lol:
100% agree, it was a crazy move to make especially after a huge injury he had. 18 million for a bench player was just ridiculous especially when we had no genuine wide players or LB. This was one of the worst moves the management made.

I would also put Asamoah close to that bracket, paying 18 million for a fantastic CM only to waste him as a LB does not make sense. Why not sign a LB first? Then after we signed a LB go for Asamoah so we know he will play in his best position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 197)