Mauricio Isla (198 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
what other GM is there out there that Juve could hire? anyone has suggestions?

anyway im all for the romulo and pererya deals

judge them when they play

$#@!s
It's not a matter of judging the player performances itself.

We can judge now about the fact that Pereyra, who is a backup CM, and Morata, a backup CF, and Romulo, a backup CM and RM, for whom Marotta commited to pay 45M in the next 2 or 3 years, are NOT the positions we really need to improve, even if it means signing guys to be backups.

Our need of wingers/ second strikers with pace, and also of an AM with some creativity is so much bigger.

I mean, we basically have no wingers/creative AM. Yet he opted to spend 45M to improve depth of other positions, instead of looking for players who will be literally the first SSs/wingers/AMs we'd have. But we keep spending money to improve the depth of what we already got.

This is just wrong.

Sir Miss-A-Lot

May 22, 2013
oh yeah we're so on our way to winning the CL
Why don't you support Real Madrid? They buy shiny expensive players every year to be able to be "on their way to winning the CL title." They would fit your mindset perfectly, especially when you expect us to challenge for CL in the short run with that kind of transfer strategy. But guess what, even Real had to wait several years for a CL title.

Jesus, how come people can't be just a little nuanced in their critics? It's fair that you don't think this piece of bussiness, some of our other deals or our transfer strategy and/or the outcome on the market in general are satisfying, but just shouting SHIT at every move that isn't a dream move or perfect is foolish...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I can imagine them doing the same when we will struggle with selling the new bench we got this season.

- - - Updated - - -

8 M€ :lol2: :gsol: we don't have money :gsol:
Dude, 2016 is the year, I'm telling you. Ogbonna will become world class, we will finally get an injection of cash, and we will probably sign Cavani and De Bruyne. That will be the year, as referenced in my signature. From there we will win the Champions League.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Why don't you support Real Madrid? They buy shiny expensive players every year to be able to be "on their way to winning the CL title." They would fit your mindset perfectly, especially when you expect us to challenge for CL in the short run with that kind of transfer strategy. But guess what, even Real had to wait several years for a CL title.

Jesus, how come people can't be just a little nuanced in their critics? It's fair that you don't think this piece of bussiness, some of our other deals or our transfer strategy and/or the outcome on the market in general are satisfying, but just shouting SHIT at every move that isn't a dream move or perfect is foolish...
it's not even about buying shiny expensive players, but incompetent spending on squad players to then persistently moan how the club can't compete for big names is just retarded and unacceptable now.

Sir Miss-A-Lot

May 22, 2013
it's not even about buying shiny expensive players, but incompetent spending on squad players to then persistently moan how the club can't compete for big names is just retarded and unacceptable now.
Well if that is what you believe, why do you have to make such lame statements all the time instead of just argumenting for your opinion? It lowers the experience of visiting this site...

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Fuuck, I've read last 20 pages and realised what a bunch of hypocrites are hiding here. Now it seems that everyone was against his signing in the first place, while in fact most of the guys wanted to sell Licht immediately after Isla arrived. Also how many here was against selling him to Inter last season, because he might regain his form.

But it's easier to act dumb and blame Marotta for everything.

Only few members thought that signing him is a risky and unnecessary.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Fuuck, I've read last 20 pages and realised what a bunch of hypocrites are hiding here. Now it seems that everyone was against his signing in the first place, while in fact most of the guys wanted to sell Licht immediately after Isla arrived. Also how many here was against selling him to Inter last season, because he might regain his form.
pretty much why I disliked Isla from the very beginning and hated the transfer.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Who in there right mind would pay 10m for isla, which must be what we want. One good year in england and we sell him to tottenham or liverpool for 20m
Dude it doesn't matter who. He's not an oldie on high wages. He had a decent world cup as well. We should sell or just keep him, someone would make a call to him sooner or later. Or just don't waste money on Romulo and keep him on the bench.

Marotta is too soft when it to comes to offloading players. Not being able to sell Isla for 8-10m is ridiculous.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Well if that is what you believe, why do you have to make such lame statements all the time instead of just argumenting for your opinion? It lowers the experience of visiting this site...
wait are you saying there is an argument to say that romulo and pereya will strengthen our bid to do well in Europe? :lol: that should be interesting reading, might lift that shitty experience you are having on this forum.

Sir Miss-A-Lot

May 22, 2013
wait are you saying there is an argument to say that romulo and pereya will strengthen our bid to do well in Europe? :lol: that should be interesting reading, might lift that $#@!ty experience you are having on this forum.
I didn't say that, i was just claiming your posts suck and are a plague on this forum. I tried to be polite, but you didn't catch my drift i guess. Besides, your use of smilies are condescending towards other posters, and you are in no position to be that way, considering you are a prodigy for those who lower the bar.

If you want my opinion on Pereyra and Romulo, well here we go:

Isolated, i think they are fine purchases, but we won't know yet if they will ever become more than just rotational players, or if they even will be good for that purpose. But i think they are both good players, and i don't think we are overpaying. But in the big picture, i share your frustration with us spending ALL our funds on deals like those, since i feel we need just that extra spice to be able to compete. The bottom line is, IMO, that it is a big to early to wanna crucify Marotta when we really have no idea how the deals will work out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 198)