Mauricio Isla (7 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Sell him, or send him back?
Can someone clarify Isla's situation?
We initially loaned him and got half of his contract for 9.5mil and then, after a season of failure, instead of buying him, we just extended his loan.
Thats what it was reported back then, that we did not pay the other half and have agreed with Udine to extend his loan, due to his carrier-threatening ACL injury.
And then one day Marotta said that we wont give him to Inter, as he is completely our player!!
So, would this mean that we have given the other 9mil and completed the deal, or that by simply owning his half and the rights for his services, it is our decision?
If were really paid the full 19mil to fully own, a player after a disastrous season and a grave injury, then MArotta should hang his resignation.

If we are trapped with such a useless player, no one will ever bid close to the ammount we have wasted (once again) and we will just lose more money in the process...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We initially loaned him and got half of his contract for 9.5mil and then, after a season of failure, instead of buying him, we just extended his loan.
Thats what it was reported back then, that we did not pay the other half and have agreed with Udine to extend his loan, due to his carrier-threatening ACL injury.
And then one day Marotta said that we wont give him to Inter, as he is completely our player!!
So, would this mean that we have given the other 9mil and completed the deal, or that by simply owning his half and the rights for his services, it is our decision?
If were really paid the full 19mil to fully own, a player after a disastrous season and a grave injury, then MArotta should hang his resignation.

If we are trapped with such a useless player, no one will ever bid close to the ammount we have wasted (once again) and we will just lose more money in the process...

No, they don't own him fully. I believe that what would have happened in the Inter situation is that Inter would have paid Juve or done a player exchange for the half that Juve curently owns. He never was, and hopefully never will be a fully owned Juve palyer.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I had very high hopes for him when he was at Udinese. The pre-injury Isla was a menace on the flanks. He and Asamoah would cause fits for the opposition. They even had Isla playing at LB from time to time as well. I was happier Juve got Isla than Asamoah at the time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I had very high hopes for him when he was at Udinese. The pre-injury Isla was a menace on the flanks. He and Asamoah would cause fits for the opposition. They even had Isla playing at LB from time to time as well. I was happier Juve got Isla than Asamoah at the time.
Can't be right all the time, my man. Thankfully I was wrong about Barzagli.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Can't be right all the time, my man. Thankfully I was wrong about Barzagli.
Tell me about it Bro. He was so damn good at Udinese, with his speed and counter attacking capabilities on the wing. And he was great defensively too, as good as Asamoah is on the left right now, but better offensively than Asa.

Not sure if it was the injuries, the weight of the shirt, the lack of confiednece, or all of the above, but this is not the Isla that I saw at Udinese. Not even close.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Tell me about it Bro. He was so damn good at Udinese, with his speed and counter attacking capabilities on the wing. And he was great defensively too, as good as Asamoah is on the left right now, but better offensively than Asa.

Not sure if it was the injuries, the weight of the shirt, the lack of confiednece, or all of the above, but this is not the Isla that I saw at Udinese. Not even close.
Its hard for me to believe he was THAT good!.
He forgot how to play or what? He simply discarded his very essence and started from zero again with us?

His moves are wrong, he has no idea of what he has todo. His suking goes beyond injuries and selfconfidence. The skills are just not ther

IMO they never were. We got robbed

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007

In summer 2012 Juve 'bought' Isla for €18.8m to fully own (control) Isla's contract and then 'sold' half (participation) rights to Udinese for €9.4m. The net effect was an outlay of €9.4 for half of Isla (co-own) to be paid in 3 installments. source Juventus.com

In summer 2013 Juve and Udinese agreed to extend this arrangement for another year. when Udinese director said Isla's future is up to Juve, it's probably because Juve are the 'controller' of his contract and have the final say in Isla's future.

In summer 2014 if Juve and Udinese decide not to extend this arrangement then they would have to come to an agreement of his transfer, if they can't then blind auction will settle it where the highest bidder keeps Isla. If both bids are the same (even if it's 0) then the controller (Juve) keeps the player and pay whatever the highest bid is. right now Juve have no obligation to buy him, and definitely not for €9.5m, hopefully Marotta will bid lower than Udinese and sell (to minimize loss).

if interested, here's a link to the article which helped me understand co-ownerships.
https://medium.com/p/7ed62749d202

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Thing is Isla is still young. So his potential value could increase anyway. I personally think Juve will decide to keep him, but if we do sell him, then it will be a write off pretty much, seeing as we probably will pay more his other half than we would get in return. Also, wherever else he goes, he may rediscover his form and become the player he once was per injury at Udinese, so a move like this could really go either way, coz his age would have a large part to play in his appreciative value.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
when u play with 3-5-2 you are already at an attacking disadvantage because of sacrificing a mid/striker for a defender, add to it this guys playing an it's like playing with 9 men.

when him and vucinic on pitch same time it's like playing with 8 men

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It's even worse than playing with 10 men because we have one man on each flank so with this guy we end up having no right hand side. A lopsided Juve is a bad Juve.

I hope we bid 1 euro in a blind auction for his 50% so if Udinese offer nothing we win, if they offer anything we can finally say goodbye to this damn money waster.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He continues to surprise me with how dumb a player he is. He's had quite a few games now and never really seems to improve, just has flashes where he looks like he might be a real player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)