Mauricio Isla (96 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
He isn't as good a pure defender as Barza or Chiello, but it's definitely improved this season, especially I these past couple of months. Still makes the odd blunder, which seems to annoy most of his unreasonable haters on here.
To be fair I've seen no improvement. In fact I think he's gotten worse. A confidence thing? Maybe. I personally cringe when he's either got the ball or players running at him. It's like a sigh of relief when he manages to pick out a simple pass. Let me stress the word simple and not those "Hollywood" passes he tried last night, forget that shiit. I'm not going all out to bash him but he makes me feel uncomfortable most times. Everytime he has the ball, im like "get rid of it". Same can be said for Chiellini at times. Barza is just different gravy mate, he IS our rock at the back.

Can still see visions of that bursting run against Roma where he produced the assist of the season and made Taddei look like he was running backwards.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
The more matches he plays, the better he wil become JJ. He seems to have Conte's trust for the moment. He must and should deliver if he wants to stay with us(Don't think he will tho)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Marotta got trolled hardcore.

For the premium price we paid for him for serie A standards... he should have come here as the finished product but just needing some time to recovr from injury.... but right now he is not even serie A standard.

Its incredible that his injury seemed to erase all his football skills and he needs 3 years to recover them

SELL NOWWW

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
fuck off joe. you've got horrible taste as evidenced by those cringe-worthy formations you post.
An Arsenal fan telling me I have horrible taste. Ouch.

Anyways, its not that I love this guy and I hope we keep him forever I just think there are a couple of Juve players that get shit on constantly and they're used as scapegoats all the time. I did not see anything that Isla did which hurt our game, the only thing was that one-on-one but fuck shit happens. Vucinic missed a sitter, why doesn't he get any shit? Its because people just want someone to put all the blame on.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
To be fair I've seen no improvement. In fact I think he's gotten worse.
He has.

His short passing is fine, actually it comes very easily for Bonucci. Obviously he's a bit clumsy in his body shape, but that'll never change.
Which is why our formation must. :D

Anyways, its not that I love this guy and I hope we keep him forever I just think there are a couple of Juve players that get shit on constantly and they're used as scapegoats all the time. I did not see anything that Isla did which hurt our game, the only thing was that one-on-one but fuck shit happens. Vucinic missed a sitter, why doesn't he get any shit? Its because people just want someone to put all the blame on.
Staying specific t last night, I personally thought he had a decent game. It's true, his decision making is a bit odd at times, and he can't really think on his feet, as one would like, but he seems to be putting in some good runs, and on more than one occasion last night, I thought he was running the flank pretty smoothly. I would give him another season with us coz he would make for a fine player, if he grows in confidence under Conte's tutelage.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
An Arsenal fan telling me I have horrible taste. Ouch.

Arsenal fan? :howler:

Isla has been with us for fucking ever now and has like one good game overall. He gets shit because he is shit. Vucinic paid his dues to the club, Isla so far has been a Martinez for the right side.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Staying specific t last night, I personally thought he had a decent game. It's true, his decision making is a bit odd at times, and he can't really think on his feet, as one would like, but he seems to be putting in some good runs, and on more than one occasion last night, I thought he was running the flank pretty smoothly. I would give him another season with us coz he would make for a fine player, if he grows in confidence under Conte's tutelage.
That's how a reasonable person would think. Some people just unwarrantedly bash him just because he's our scapegoat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)