Mauricio Isla (17 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
The thing that Isla does way too often is once he gets in the box he doesn't really like pick out the right pass, however today was a different story. I don't like when he cuts in to shoot , however he can cut in alot more effectively then Licht however Licht will always be the superior player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Guys he had a free role in both games, he was unmarked for both games and didn't get 1 assist in 180 minutes of play. Lichsteiner would have bossed both games compared to this guy.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Bossed? Litch would've dominated!!! So would Caceres in that specific role against the Turks. Nonetheless it doesn't mean Isla didn't have good showing.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I liked him yesterday, but then again we played against amateurs.

He should learn to shoot more when he has the opportunity.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
problem is in serie a we have zero space to run into. i would like to see him as RB in a 433 where a winger cuts in and leaves the side open for him. that would be interesting to watch.
Yea I was going to say we should hold on to him, if we are serious about a wider wing based formation next year. I can see him fit well either as an RB or a more advanced Pepe role. My only problem with him, is he seems he's lacking a bit of confidence, and as a result doesn't apply himself for an entire 90 minutes. But yea, I'd like to try him out in a 433, before deciding his future at Juve. If we are considering a switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys he had a free role in both games, he was unmarked for both games and didn't get 1 assist in 180 minutes of play. Lichsteiner would have bossed both games compared to this guy.
They're very different type of players though. Isla, I'd have to say has a bit more finesse to his game, while Licht is just all brute, with his running and passing. Isla, is a lot more comfy and seems more accurate when passing in the box, at least the certain plays he picked out today. It's just that, Licht has a more dominating presence on the pitch with all that running and physicality in his game.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
He was much more inclined to take the shot straight up at Udinese than he has been with us. It's probably due to confidence/instructions from the boss.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Isla at RB would be terrible, as a wingback it's his defensive abilities that let him down constantly.

He'd do best as an RM in a 4-4-2, and alright at the RW spot in a 4-3-3. I doubt he would really be first team material for Juve in any position though.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Isla at RB would be terrible, as a wingback it's his defensive abilities that let him down constantly.

He'd do best as an RM in a 4-4-2, and alright at the RW spot in a 4-3-3. I doubt he would really be first team material for Juve in any position though.
He'd be good in a 442 but even at RCM in a 433 against weaker sides. He is very disciplined and if he improved his defending I wouldn't mind seeing him at RB either..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Decision making was still poor, but I think for the first time since he joined Juve he is starting to look like he's properly sharp and really ready to play.

That's progress, but he should still be doing a lot more from the number of good situations he finds himself in.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Too little too late IMO. If he is at this time starting to show somthing against sub-par adversaries...then we definitely can d better. Like Red said,,,, his decition making in crunch moments is abysmal.

He is barely ok...and truth to be told... if we really wanna improve as an european team..we need real effective players in his position. Players who need just 2 or 3 max chances in a game to score a couple of goals.

He would be ok if we are going to get comformists..but if we wanna really have weapons to get further in europe...we need quality, not just average.

We cannot afford a player to be indecisive or innefective the way he was yesterday, even when having lots of chances to do something. Top tier teams capitalize on those chances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)