Mauricio Isla (184 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
He does well when he can purely concentrate on the offensive side of the game. The poblem I have with him is that he's awful defensively, and I'd rather have a wingback that's solid at the back but doesn't contribute going forward than a wingback like him, going forward well without really being effective (I doubt he even has 5 goals+assists in a Juve shirt), and a constant liability at the back.

Hence why I prefer Peluso, nonwithstanding his woeful offensive work.

Against a mediocre side as todays Trabszonsor, with a two goal lead in hand Isla is however clearly the better choice.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Great game

I don't think that he was too wasteful, he did some good passes/crosses when he got in good positions with the recipient being wasteful.

He should try shooting more though.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
im not sure what to do with him. if we sell him and he starts playing good again i would be really mad, if he keep him he could regain his form but there is always that risk he becomes the headless chicken hes been the past 2 years...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I wouldn't get too excited about him as he's not likely to see that kind of space frequently. It was as if Trabzonspor had seen how he plays before in Serie A and didn't even bother to defend against him.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I wouldn't get too excited about him as he's not likely to see that kind of space frequently. It was as if Trabzonspor had seen how he plays before in Serie A and didn't even bother to defend against him.
Exactly. He did alright, but that's not the sort of opposition we usually face, just from the tactical set-up. Serie A where we play most games is jusz much tighter.

sempreJuve

notte da grande Juve
Dec 5, 2012
against turks was outstanding because he had no opposition, loved his crosses. a little unlucky when he hit the post. let-s see him against fiore to rate him again, will be a different story

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
should play pepe's role more often with giovinco on the left.
his at his best with alot of space ahead of him where he can run through the back of the defence. as a winger in a 4-3-3 in possesion based football where the opponent defends 90% of the time he cant play there. as a RB he could maybe work as the winger ahead of him would create him space (even when the opponent is constantly defending) with cutting inside and taking the defender (fullback) with him...

May 22, 2013
Great game

I don't think that he was too wasteful, he did some good passes/crosses when he got in good positions with the recipient being wasteful.

He should try shooting more though.
I totally agree. He looks like he doesn't believe in himself when getting into the box, and almost too often tries the pass. He had some great crosses today, could easily have gotten an assist or two if we had a bit more luck and coolness in front of goal. And his shot at the post was a fine finish, he did the right thing - sometimes it goes in, sometimes not...

I think he was great defensively today aswell. Was good tracking back, stopping counters, had more interceptions than i would expect him to. If he can keep growing like this, we might see the good old Isla soon, he really improved himself. Only needs a bit in the last third, making decisions a bit more calmly, he looks so stressed when he has to choose that final pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 184)