Mauricio Isla (6 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't remember him even registering a shot on goal or a key pass or even making an impressive tackle. I mean, what did he do to receive this praise? He ran up and down and didn't miss an open goal as he did vs. Inter?

It was barely an average performance. Completely inconsequential and unremarkable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I didn't see the game, but I'll say he probably would have been slaughtered for the same okay-ish performance he seems to have put in if Juve hadn't won the game.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I don't remember him even registering a shot on goal or a key pass or even making an impressive tackle. I mean, what did he do to receive this praise? He ran up and down and didn't miss an open goal as he did vs. Inter?

It was barely an average performance. Completely inconsequential and unremarkable.
He was very active and was working that right flank all game. Him and Vidal had a good control over the right flank and he was ever so present offensively as well. I don't exactly expect key passes or shots on goal from a wingback.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I understand people don't like Isla much, however, if you are going to blame him for the Verona goal, you must place some blame on Barzagli too, cause he let his player get the first header in, whereas Isla 'just' didn't run with the player towards the goal

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
If you see the second goal, his run drag a defender which allowed Vidal to make the cross for Llorente.
He is improving.

Against Inter, he put a nice cross for Tevez. He could have an assist there.
He missed a goal, but that by no means was an easy chance.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, it makes sense after all. Caceres is not known for his attacking proficiency, and Licht can only do so much. We needed another option and for that we bought him last season. Sadly he was a flop, but now conte seems to be communicating beter with him. Lets see how he evolves

May 22, 2007
He's still a step or two away from being the player that was injured against Milan, but those are big steps and I think he might struggle to keep the boss satisfied with unnecessary turnovers.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I wanted to give him a chance to recover from injury. Well it's been well over a year and he's still quite bad. His brain is what's busted, not his knee really. He's a clown in possession. No idea where to put the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)