Mauricio Isla (188 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I admit I was wrong. I wanted him being sold but it's like his 3rd game he played well. He looks good and he should be given more chances that's for sure.

I hope it's a matter of time when Conte tries 433 with him on the right. It'll be hard to keep him or Licht on the bench. They could create great partnership on the right flank.

Dreams :D

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I thought he was far from good. His short passing is atrocious. One time he tried to make a pass to Llorente, he looked at him, then looked down at the ball for 2-3 seconds just to send a 5 metre pass and it got intercepted so easily. Shocking stuff there.

His runs around the box are clueless. He just smacks the ball at a teammate and sprints to the byline. No intricacy or tactical awareness at all. I feel he's a pure counter attacking style player, that's why he flourished at Udinese.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I thought he was far from good. His short passing is atrocious. One time he tried to make a pass to Llorente, he looked at him, then looked down at the ball for 2-3 seconds just to send a 5 metre pass and it got intercepted so easily. Shocking stuff there.

His runs around the box are clueless. He just smacks the ball at a teammate and sprints to the byline. No intricacy or tactical awareness at all. I feel he's a pure counter attacking style player, that's why he flourished at Udinese.
Isla and Vidal complemented each other nicely today. I don't remember that particular pass but his overall passing was quite good actually. Very involved and dynamic display and some occasions created today can be attributed directly to him. He was running up and down the right flank tirelessly and had solid defensive contribution as well.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
there is so much space on his right side every game and he don't know how to use it ...

i don't see any improvement
Over last year? But that's an overstatement. He regained his sharpness and quickness, looks more comfortable on the ball and works better with a team. He definitely improved imho.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Quick question, why were Isla and Vidal exchanging their position often in the first half? @Red

There were times Vidal was playing on the wing and Isla as a CM, the second goal also came from a Vidal cross from the wing so I'm guessing there was a reason behind it.
:boh:

I didn't watch the game.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Quick question, why were Isla and Vidal exchanging their position often in the first half? @Red

There were times Vidal was playing on the wing and Isla as a CM, the second goal also came from a Vidal cross from the wing so I'm guessing there was a reason behind it.
Lichtsteiner does it as well. It's a special setup that we use. We're a very organized attacking team, not alot of free flow. You will see this move alot if you look for it. The RWB clears space for the CM by drifting inward without the ball. Isla does it more often because that's the type of player he is. He prefers to touch and move (mostly aimlessly) into the box.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
So are we at a point that we're so used to this guy being bad that now we feel excited after his first above average performance for us?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Biggest improvement for me is that he doesnt look as sluggish as last season.Like DP84 said,he looks to have regained his agility and sharpness which is great for starters.Injury has worn off totally over him it seems.I honestly prefer his style more over Licht's style.Its a matter of confidence too imo.The more he plays,the more appreciation he will receive around here.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
That was better than just above average.
Really? What did he do that wasn't above average?

Biggest improvement for me is that he doesnt look as sluggish as last season.Like DP84 said,he looks to have regained his agility and sharpness which is great for starters.Injury has worn off totally over him it seems.I honestly prefer his style more over Licht's style.Its a matter of confidence too imo.The more he plays,the more appreciation he will receive around here.

Yeah, there's no way he's gaining that position over Licht.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

:tup:

So are we at a point that we're so used to this guy being bad that now we feel excited after his first above average performance for us?
That was better than just above average.
He wasn't even above average. Unless average for him means piss poor, then he was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 188)