Mauricio Isla (8 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
When fully fit Isla produces about 10 goals a season with his assists and goals. Zuniga produces about 3 typically.

Isla only started 10 or 11 games last season and was really out of form. I dont see him playing as bad as last year as he has fully recovered from his injury and if he gets some more playing time I think he will show what he got.

In football people forget how good a player is after a long injury. Zuniga is not a better player then Isla when fully fit.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
It really comes down to two things: 1. will he get some opportunities and 2. can he completely make the switch from Udi's counter attacking style where he had heaps of space to Juve's possession style where spaces is very limited in the final third. He'll need 1. to have a proper crack at 2.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
When fully fit Isla produces about 10 goals a season with his assists and goals. Zuniga produces about 3 typically.

Isla only started 10 or 11 games last season and was really out of form. I dont see him playing as bad as last year as he has fully recovered from his injury and if he gets some more playing time I think he will show what he got.

In football people forget how good a player is after a long injury. Zuniga is not a better player then Isla when fully fit.
Armero had 10 assists too once, I don't like him either. Assists don't mean much for a player in that position imo

I think Isla is a fine player, exceptional in his position but he was simply awful when he played for us. I doubt Isla is the hard working 'little soldier'/professional that Juve are looking for, else he would had played more than Padoin FFS. He could had started his career here more humble instead of sharing his dream of playing for RM.

And also Isla's Total Costs will be around 18M whereas Zuñiga will cost 1/3 of that.

A fully fit Isla is like an in-form Amauri, it's a myth :D

Mar 30, 2006
Well Napoli reportedly want 14 for him I read? If we could get him for 5 or 6 that is different.

The main reason I think Isla could be a great weapon for us is his crossing would be magnificent for Llorente. The guy scores so many headers and when we are looking for a goal it would be nice to have a guy on the wing with a dangerous delivery which would spread the other team out trying to cover him and open up the center a bit for us.

It was frustrating seeing the crossing of some of the other guys last season and we can really take advantage of some of the size we have with Llorente and Pogba if we could bring on Isla.

Anyway we will se what Il Grande Marotta decides.

Mar 30, 2006
Maybe Conte wants Bibainy as a low cost option for the 433 cuz we could not use it when Pepe was out? It would also give him the ability to try his attacking 424 formation from his Siena days when Pepe is healthy. I think Conte just wants different options for his systems and players who are ready to work hard but not cause problems in the team.

on Football Italia I just read ADL said Zuniga is not available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)