Mauricio Isla (190 Viewers)

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Pepe is meh as a RWB, Padoin is tremendously average, and Caceres prefers playing as a CB, so we do need Isla :stuckup:
@Hustini Who is straight line? :D
if padoin is tremendously average then isla so far is tremendously below average, we can also play asamoah at rwb seeing as he seemingly dropped out from lwb pos, lol.

truth is, isla so far is a proven worthless signing from marotta.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
if padoin is tremendously average then isla so far is tremendously below average, we can also play asamoah at rwb seeing as he seemingly dropped out from lwb pos, lol.

truth is, isla so far is a proven worthless signing from marotta.
Not proven worthless. He hasn't yet regained anywhere near match sharpness since returning to full time training from his nasty injury. Also...he hasn't been played in a position in which he has shown his best in the past at Udinese. Two factors to consider carefully before writing him off as a failure...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Not proven worthless. He hasn't yet regained anywhere near match sharpness since returning to full time training from his nasty injury. Also...he hasn't been played in a position in which he has shown his best in the past at Udinese. Two factors to consider carefully before writing him off as a failure...
Dude, it's Napoleonic. He's like a watered down, Indonesian version of Cronios.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
He's not been proven worthless. In fact he's not been proven anything. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt considering his Udinese form and the extent of his injury.

Lets have a bit more positivity around here! Isla will turn out like Barzagli, not Martinez. Believe!!

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Juventino[RUS];4082198 said:
He showed his best football when he was playing b2b midfielder for Udine, so what's the point to use him as winger i dunno
I quite agree with that.But he won the award for the best RB in Serie A in the 2010-11 season too jus saying.He used to combine very well with Sanchez down that right hand side.(Sanchez did play centrally but also used to combine with Isla time and again too.)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I still can't believe he didn't start against Celtic.
Could have just been because Conte was worried about set-pieces.

Padoin is big enough to be able to really mark properly.

Isla isn't likely to be able to stop anyone who is a significant aerial threat.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
What's this talk of Isla being sold end of season. Would be a big, big mistake. I just hope this shit ain't true. Coz if he was sold, it'd be a bit too Elia and a bit too soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 190)