Mauricio Isla (176 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
quag's return to form??? he remains nowhere near the blistering form he was in for the first half of the season in which he was injured horridly. Its fair enough to suggest that he hasn't had the run of games perhaps needed for him to find top form, but he has not yet shown his best form this season. Nowhere near.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
quag's return to form??? he remains nowhere near the blistering form he was in for the first half of the season in which he was injured horridly. Its fair enough to suggest that he hasn't had the run of games perhaps needed for him to find top form, but he has not yet shown his best form this season. Nowhere near.
He has still improved a lot imo thanks to a full pre-season and getting more game time. I wouldn't say nowhere near his 10-11 as he has had a few very good games. Pescara (horrible team but still 3g + 2a is not an easy feat) and Chievo come to mind straight away.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
He has still improved a lot imo thanks to a full pre-season and getting more game time. I wouldn't say nowhere near his 10-11 as he has had a few very good games. Pescara (horrible team but still 3g + 2a is not an easy feat) and Chievo come to mind straight away.
He was in the richest form of his whole career in that period...Out of all our strikers, he remains the one I would prefer to see given a run of 6-10 games, for his shooting technique is the finest in our squad, when he is on song. A shame he hasn't been given the chances really. But Conte is odd when it comes to form. he offers breaks to players to give others a chance, at times when other managers wouldn't...Storari for example. Buffon hardly kept awake against Udinese, yet was rested last night to give Storari a chance. Lichsteiner rested to give Isla a chance. I understand this, but dont agree with it fully. I'd always start the best team unless a hugely important match (champions league semi or fina/ league decider) was coming up. Who do we have this weekend?? The mighty Genoa???

I hope Quagliarella gets more chances before the summer, or will assume he will be sold...he deserves to be starting at a club.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Conte: Registro con soddisfazione che stia crescendo Isla, che oggi ha fatto sicuramente un'ottima gara

He is satisfied that Isla is improving and said that he had a very good game last night.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
He was in the richest form of his whole career in that period...Out of all our strikers, he remains the one I would prefer to see given a run of 6-10 games, for his shooting technique is the finest in our squad, when he is on song. A shame he hasn't been given the chances really. But Conte is odd when it comes to form. he offers breaks to players to give others a chance, at times when other managers wouldn't...Storari for example. Buffon hardly kept awake against Udinese, yet was rested last night to give Storari a chance. Lichsteiner rested to give Isla a chance. I understand this, but dont agree with it fully. I'd always start the best team unless a hugely important match (champions league semi or fina/ league decider) was coming up. Who do we have this weekend?? The mighty Genoa???

I hope Quagliarella gets more chances before the summer, or will assume he will be sold...he deserves to be starting at a club.
I agree, I do think he is underused and is definitely our most efficient striker in terms of goals/assists per minutes when in form.

Storari always plays in the Coppa, otherwise he would never play besides if Buffon is injured. About Isla, he is constantly improving and is still being eased into the squad so the Coppa is good for him. You have to remember it is football and anything can happen. Genoa might have a good day and it could be a little tougher than usual. Having tired players won't help our cause in that case. Imo It's best not overuse players unless they are needed for very important matches. Especially when we have such capable bench players like Storari, Isla etc.

Don't think Quagliarella will be sold, I can see Matri being sold though.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Send him back.... He sucks and this has nothing to do with his injury. He has 3 Players infront of him yet he crosses without looking...and guess what the Cross gets blocked

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Isla it's been fun.....actually it hasn't. You've done nothing. Contributed nothing to the attack or the defence. Please leave, and take padoin and giac with you.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Pretty average. Had a couple of decent moments and some poor ones.

You have to remember that he had a bad injury in the summer and rarely played since.

Maybe a loan would suit him, but I don't think we can afford to lose anyone.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for this season. Took Del Piero 2 years to get back to form after his 1998 injury.

If he gets a good pre season over him and still sucks next season he should be sold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 176)