Mauricio Isla (43 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Looking pretty good again. he's going to be super useful this year, really relived that Inter didn't get him as when he's fully fit he's going to be really pushing for a starting position.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Returning from injury people. Give him some time to find himself and gel with the team. He moved well, made some clever passes. My first impression was, that he's not a battering ram like Licht, but a good distributor from the wing. His style of play will suit our pressing, possession game. Can see him coming to the fore after a couple of games as part of the starting eleven. Too early to call on him though.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
I always said wtf is lucio doing when he's with the ball and completely ignore Isla when he should really pass the ball to him.
Agree with previous posters Lucio-Isla on the right wouldnt work that well.

Aug 1, 2003
Yes their styles clash but they probably just need some time to get used to each other jeezus it's just been a game and both just came back from injury, particularly Isla. Let the man regain his match fitness. I am confident he will do good once he does.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
No I dont criticise Isla by any means but if he doesnt get the ball since Lucio never pass him we'll never get the best out of him. Injury is not relevant here both Lucio and Isla looks fit its just they need to get more understanding if they are to play together again, which I hope they don't. Barza-Isla is the way to go.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I love him. The man loves to run, and he's at the right squad to run for.

I still think Licht is better.
Defensively, Lichtsteiner is better, yes. Offensively, Isla will prove to be better I believe. His crossing is very good. Excellent duo we have for the RWB spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)