Mauricio Isla (193 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
The vulnerability was bound to show, once the tempo dropped. The 433 is a lot more aggressive than the 352 as far as our style is concerned as the latter gives us a little more control in the middle without relying on our speed and attrition. In the course of a longer season, it may just be the more sustainable formation but I'd definitely not discard the 433 in its entirety coz I can see us using it in a big way come the European evenings.
We will need it on those nights... :agree:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
On the other hand, as Napoli showed, the CL teams are not very much used to playing 3-5-2(or 5-3-2) teams and have a hard time adapting to it.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I preferred watching us last season playing our 4-3-3. The 3-5-2 seems organised and patient build up play but I prefer the attacking and aggressive 4-3-3 we played earlier on last season that saw us dominate and pinning back the opponents. But I agree that 3-5-2 in the CL could be interesting to watch.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The 4-3-3 is the way to go IMHO, we played our best football playing that formation. We dominated Milan from start to end in the first game and look at our performance in the SanSiro against Inter.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
4-3-3 means adding Matri and losing Asamoah. That means that the quality of the team is lowered because Asamoah should always play.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
4-3-3 with Bonucci at CB and Chiellini at LB is a downgrade in both positions.

Bonucci is only good as a 3-5-2 sweeper and Chiellini is better as a CB, man marking strikers. And our team becomes unbalanced because he has no offense as a LB. And we have to put Asamoah on the bench.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
The ones talking about Asamoah being benched in 4-3-3 need to get their brains checked... As if Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio are going to play every game in 3 competitions. He will return to midfield, sooner or later anyway...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
That would mean wingers in essence wouldn't it? I can see a genuine interest in Nani if that's the case. Though Nani, Pepe and Isla would have overlapping roles int that case.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
the new 3-3-4 is on its way
Gazzetta - Torna Isla e Conte studia il 3-3-4

http://www.tuttojuve.com/?action=read&idnotizia=109561
3-3-4? wait till mazzarri claims this as one of his formations as well.

On a serious note, this sounds very intriguing and now it makes more sense why more links with Walcott came out today. But again i really do like Conte's willingness to experiment systems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 193)