Mauricio Isla (186 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
‘English duo after Isla’

It is reported that Liverpool and Arsenal are tracking the progress of Juventus wing-back Mauricio Isla.

The 26-year-old has formed part of Chile’s impressive World Cup campaign to date and has been an Old Lady player for the last two years.

According to English tabloid Daily Star, the Reds and Gunners are now taking a closer look at a player whose reported value is around €20m.

This figure may increase should Chile and Isla continue their high performance levels in Brazil, but with Liverpool reported to be considering allowing Glen Johnson to leave the club, they may be tempted to make an offer.
Sell for 20 and buy Darmian

May 22, 2013
If we can get 20 million € for him, i would be all for selling him, since that is a significant amount and we should be able to replace him for less, leaving money for Sanchez or who else we are targeting.

A change might be good for him aswell, he has really struggled the last two years, and though he seems to slowly raise his perfomances, he doesn't seem to be able to cope with the pressure at him at Juve... I really think (and i know some will disagree) that there is a chance of him breaking this downward spiral, starting here at the WC and hopefully by some strong perfomances at the start of the season finally shake this 'nervousness' off, but i wouldn't bet on that chance if we can net 20 million for him, that is just to good to refuse. But let's say it's BS and we can get <10 million... Then selling him would almost be pointless, since we won't get an upgrade for that amount, and need our funds elsewere. If we could net Darmian for low cash and some excess players, and lower our salary by doing it, then it might be a good choice to let him go, but we need a back up for Licht (which i don't feel Caceres is) who can't play all our matches at the intensity we need, so it's not like we can sell him for whatever and use all those money for Sanchez/Shaqiri/Mr.X...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 186)