Mattia Perin (6 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
When someone puts such a good ball into that area between the keeper and covering defenders you need to hope your defender gets a touch first. Yoshida v Bonucci in the air is no contest, unfortunately. But where were the other guys? Samp had two or three players running into the same area.
It's very hard to mark AND win the ball for a defender going backwards against runners from behind. That's exactly where goalkeepers come into action to punch the ball away. I've seen a lot of gks get involved and punch similar balls to the one Samp scored.

Regardless of this one in particular, I noticed Tek and Perin both look static and are afraid to get involved with crosses and that's worrying.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's very hard to mark AND win the ball for a defender going backwards against runners from behind. That's exactly where goalkeepers come into action to punch the ball away. I've seen a lot of gks get involved and punch similar balls to the one Samp scored.

Regardless of this one in particular, I noticed Tek and Perin both look static and are afraid to get involved with crosses and that's worrying.
Yeah others do come out more but I think you're underestimating the quality of the deliver, where it comes from and how flat it is. I'm pretty confident that if you replayed that with most keepers they would not be able to read it.

Looking through the various ratings after the game it was also fairly unanimous that Perin couldn't do anything about boh goals, and I agree with that barring some miracle play or save.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well, at least Perin has already achieved something that Tek has struggled with this season: not costing us points.
I still believe Woj is a better GK but he made it known he is prone to errors.
I`d give Perin more chances - I rather have an ok GK who is not handing out points than someone with a higher ability but unreliable.

There is also one more thing: I dont think Woj organizes the defense very well. I mean even if Buffon is not the amazing Buffon anymore - you could feel his presence everytime we had him on goal contrary to Woj.
I didnt feel it with Perin as well but I only watched 45 minutes..

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
There is a rumour he wants to leave on January. Then we should go for Mirante on free transfer. He will be counted as our homegrown then we can register Kaio Jorge for Champions League

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
There is a rumour he wants to leave on January. Then we should go for Mirante on free transfer. He will be counted as our homegrown then we can register Kaio Jorge for Champions League
Mirante signed for Milan today, we are targeting Audero who is younger, better and also homegrown.

Last edited:

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Audero would be great but... Why would Audero come to be the 2nd keeper?
Win tournaments with his childhood club collecting a bigger pay check and getting more attention/fame while, if he is confident enough, believing in his ability to beat polak in the next couple of years for the starting spot.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Audero would be great but... Why would Audero come to be the 2nd keeper?
If management was competent they would open the competition up and let the best man win. Should've done that with Perin too. Audero has improved a lot, is still relatively young, isn't that expensive, and is homegrown. Would make sense. Maybe even send Israel in return, he's ready for a higher level.

Apr 9, 2015
If management was competent they would open the competition up and let the best man win. Should've done that with Perin too. Audero has improved a lot, is still relatively young, isn't that expensive, and is homegrown. Would make sense. Maybe even send Israel in return, he's ready for a higher level.
Sampdoria bought Audero for 20m. We should pay at least 30, to much for a second goalie.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
If beanie was competent he'd have signed Donnarumma and be done with it.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Lloris and Onana are freebies next summer and open for signing in the winter. Wouldn't be shabby competition for Szczesny if Perin is leaving.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Lloris and Onana are freebies next summer and open for signing in the winter. Wouldn't be shabby competition for Szczesny if Perin is leaving.
Onana is inter bound and if Perin wants to stay then we should keep him looked good for Genoa last season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)