Mattia Perin (3 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I've never seen this guy play lol. Is he actually any good?
Yes. His struggles have mainly been with fitness. Wasn’t that great last time he was at juve but I think being a backup isn’t as easy as it sounds especially when you’re doing it after being a starter. He needs to play. He’s in his prime years though and took a step forward last season. He’s also a leader, unlike Tek and was Genoa’s captain. Tek just needs to keep doing what he’s been doing and Perin will get his chance eventually.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Certainly better than Tek. Last season he was very good for Genoa, better than Tek was for us. This season Tek looks even worse, so yeah, time to play Perin.
He had a fantastic season at Genoa and was main reason they finished 11th instead of fighting relegation. Best save % in Serie a. However, he was pretty poor in his spell here, back when Tek was actually a class keeper lol.

Some keepers thrive in mediocre teams that keep them super busy in goal, but don’t do well at top clubs where they have to stay focused with long periods of inactivity. I’d like to see Perin get a run of matches as starter to see how he does.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
He had a fantastic season at Genoa and was main reason they finished 11th instead of fighting relegation. Best save % in Serie a. However, he was pretty poor in his spell here, back when Tek was actually a class keeper lol.

Some keepers thrive in mediocre teams that keep them super busy in goal, but don’t do well at top clubs where they have to stay focussed with long periods of inactivity. I’d like to see Perin get a run of matches as starter to see how he does.
He struggled with the presure. Didnt had to many chances and did okay but Chesny was integrated in the team a lot better because he already had a year as Buffon's backup. Before that season I expected Perin to become our main goalie because he was incredible back then. Nobody looked to Donnarumma yet and 12m was a great price for Perin.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
What's his Injury record been like recently? Did he ever get any problems with his shoulder? Haven't followed him since he left.
No shoulder problems since. He missed a couple weeks with a muscle problem but nothing major. I think he also had COVID. As long as he’s fit he’s our best option imo. But it’s only a temporary solution as his contract is up after the season. So either he establishes himself and we extend him or we’re gonna be looking for a keeper next summer.

I think Tek is done at Juve either way. His benching is only a matter of time. He would essentially have to be perfect to avoid it. The leash is so tight it would be a miracle if he recovered.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
No shoulder problems since. He missed a couple weeks with a muscle problem but nothing major. I think he also had COVID. As long as he’s fit he’s our best option imo. But it’s only a temporary solution as his contract is up after the season. So either he establishes himself and we extend him or we’re gonna be looking for a keeper next summer.

I think Tek is done at Juve either way. His benching is only a matter of time. He would essentially have to be perfect to avoid it. The leash is so tight it would be a miracle if he recovered.
I think we should look for a better replacement, if he actually play good and we extend him, He will become a 2nd Tek in 2--3 years
For GK we should aim for the best GK around, to bad we missed out on Donnaruma, with him we will search no more

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

up until a day or two ago, he didn’t even have Juventus in his bio. Now he does, and he’s also hashtagging the slogan. he knows his time is coming lolol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)