Mattia Destro - Forward - Siena/Genoa (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
As much as I like this player, he better not be the primary signing in attack. That is an awful lot to ask of a 21 year old.

This had better be the potential replacement for Matri (if it comes to that), as the backup to the primary attacker

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
As much as I like this player, he better not be the primary signing in attack. That is an awful lot to ask of a 21 year old.

This had better be the potential replacement for Matri (if it comes to that), as the backup to the primary attacker
Marotta's latest comments would suggest otherwise. I certainly hope that the signings of Veratti and Isla are not the difference between Destro and a top player because that would be really disappointing...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Marotta's latest comments would suggest otherwise. I certainly hope that the signings of Veratti and Isla are not the difference between Destro and a top player because that would be really disappointing...
I actually do rate/like Isla, I think he's a good add, but if we can't nail down a quality, proven CF by the end of the mercato I'll have to agree.

I do think the Verratti move is still smart, because of Pirlo's age, and the cash outlay shouldn't be too significant up front, with the players involved.

My biggest gripe about Beppe is that he's really never demonstrated that he's great at prioritizing our biggest needs. I do like the way this window has gone so far, but CF & LB/LWB are really important, and definitely need to be sorted. I hope he's got a good plan.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
I wonder who's more talented between Destro and Immobile Will be interesting to see Immobile in Genoa next year
I'm also interested in seeing Immobile perform. He scored 28 in second division, does anybody know who was the last person to score as many goals?

May 22, 2007
I actually do rate/like Isla, I think he's a good add, but if we can't nail down a quality, proven CF by the end of the mercato I'll have to agree.

I do think the Verratti move is still smart, because of Pirlo's age, and the cash outlay shouldn't be too significant up front, with the players involved.

My biggest gripe about Beppe is that he's really never demonstrated that he's great at prioritizing our biggest needs. I do like the way this window has gone so far, but CF & LB/LWB are really important, and definitely need to be sorted. I hope he's got a good plan.
I don't have a reason to not think we're going for a quality forward for this mercato.

Beppe has been quite accurate in describing what I'd like. No prima donnas, we need someone to fit the mentality of this already good team under Conte.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I don't have a reason to not think we're going for a quality forward for this mercato.

Beppe has been quite accurate in describing what I'd like. No prima donnas, we need someone to fit the mentality of this already good team under Conte.
I suppose that this point largely comes down to terminology. I was really hoping we'd prioritize an established star up front, as it's obviously our primary need, and for the fans it would be nice to replace past stars, signal intent, etc., etc. That's not necessarily the way the market works, obviously. Recognizing and seizing good opportunities is so important.

I'm all for finding someone who fits, and buys into the team mentality - that's a philosophy I 100% agree with, and I do think that's what Beppe's theoretically trying to do. It's a fine line, though; yeah we want someone who will work for the team, but we'll eventually need a prolific marksman if we want to be considered amongst the very best in Europe.

That might have to wait until next year though - which would be far from the end of the world considering the caliber of the players who have already arrived, and the strength of the current team. Prima donnas are not welcome in Conte's Juventus - no doubt.

Anyway, there is still a ton of time left for moves... I'm just a little nervous, given how much we've already committed to spend, and the fact that GM has a lot of players to unload. As I mentioned earlier, prioritizing hasn't always been Beppe's strength while at Juve, and I'll feel a lot better once we've added a CF and a LB - which I felt were our two biggest areas of need heading into the summer.

It would be even better if those players were acquired in early July, so they can get integrated into the team during camp, especially the CF, as one would have to assume he'll be a starter.

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
There arent any top CF available this year... all our targets want to stay at their current clubs. Its dissapointing because it really should be a biggest priority. I think Destro is looking to be our last option now?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I don't have an issue with the players Marotta is signing but I would be dissapointed if we have to go without a top player up front because most of our budget spent on reinforcing what is already our strongest part of the team.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'd like to have him, he could be our developing project and I'd much rather have him than the usual reserves who settle for being 2nd and 3rd choice. Whoever we get as our main striker, Destro will be pushing him every day during the season.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
There arent any top CF available this year... all our targets want to stay at their current clubs. Its dissapointing because it really should be a biggest priority. I think Destro is looking to be our last option now?
There's no way Destro is our star striker signing...he's an investment for the future.

A solid striker will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)