Mattia Destro - Forward - Siena/Genoa (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Napoli, and potentially Inter. We will also have the CL to contend with, and our team will possibly drop points after midweek CL excursions (due to fatigue/exhaustion). We barely managed to snatch the title from Milan last season with our meek attack, so with the CL this season, and potentially more injuries (due to more games), I can't see us retaining our title unless we significantly strengthen our main weak point, the attack.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I said, if we fail to acquire Jovetic and Pazzini. If we manage to get both, in addition to purchasing Armero, I see us surprising in Europe, and retaining our title (albeit not as comfortably as some think; possibly winning it by +5 or +6).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Napoli, and potentially Inter. We will also have the CL to contend with, and our team will possibly drop points after midweek CL excursions (due to fatigue/exhaustion). We barely managed to snatch the title from Milan last season with our meek attack, so with the CL this season, and potentially more injuries (due to more games), I can't see us retaining our title unless we significantly strengthen our main weak point, the attack.
Sounds like doom-mongering.

The only team I see that have improved on paper is Roma, and if we are challenging them for the scudetto then something is wrong.

Milan - much weaker (they will add before September, but still be weaker than last season)
Napoli - weaker (minus Lavezzi, they have added little)
Udinese - weaker, and getting weaker all the time
Inter - weaker (on paper with big name veterans leaving, I don't expect a miracle from Strama)
Lazio - much the same

We, on the other hand have strengthened 2 of the 3 areas required, with quality that will lighten the load of CL football.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
But they've added much needed depth which was their weak point last season and Pandev has actually done well in Serie A for them..I think they definitely can put up a title challenge and they arent done yet in the market.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sounds like doom-mongering.

The only team I see that have improved on paper is Roma, and if we are challenging them for the scudetto then something is wrong.

Milan - much weaker (they will add before September, but still be weaker than last season)
Udinese - weaker, and getting weaker all the time
Inter - weaker (on paper with big name veterans leaving, I don't expect a miracle from Strama)
Lazio - much the same
I think Roma will finish outside the top 3. Inter and Napoli have the EL (as opposed to CL commitments last year) which is far less taxing, particularly mentally. I don't think Napoli are weaker, if at all. Vargas and Insigne will all surprise, especially the latter, and Pandev might have a solid/consistent season. They have also added more players for squad depth, and if they can get an understudy for Maggio, they shall be very dangerous.

Regarding Inter, they are pretty much an unknown entity, as we were last season. I hope they crash and burn, but I somehow see them doing better than most expect. Guarin might have a breakout year, Coutinho looks a very good player, and if Sneijder, Milito, and Palacio stay injury free, they will be quite dangerous going forward.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Lets not forget that there's more than a month left in the market.I mean i'm taking both sides here.Other teams will also strengthen in this period.
The only team who will strengthen considerably from now until September will be Milan, and that is simply because they have to. Ultimately they will still be weaker than last season in terms of quality.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But they've added much needed depth which was their weak point last season and Pandev has actually done well in Serie A for them..I think they definitely can put up a title challenge and they arent done yet in the market.
Also Napoli are growing as a team, I expect Inler to do a monster season. Inler that Di Marzio confirmed was a done deal for Juve.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't think Napoli are weaker, if at all. Vargas and Insigne will all surprise, especially the latter, and Pandev might have a solid/consistent season. They have also added more players for squad depth, and if they can get an understudy for Maggio, they shall be very dangerous.
They might do, but it would be reaching above their squad level to contend for the scudetto. I wouldn't underestimate how important Lavezzi was. Besides, I wouldn't expect Mazzarri to go with youth if he has a choice, I'm willing to bet he will use Pandev the most.

My point is that I don't think a superstar striker is necessary for us to win the scudetto again. I don't see the competition or league as being any stronger than last season, we have a stronger team and any success will be based on the same areas and discipline as last season. If we add a striker to score 10 more goals than Matri and turn 3-4 single points into three points then it will benefit it, but the work in Conte's team is done across the board and dependent on pressing and tempo.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Inter have their Ferrara, but its up to Moratti to move the strings and manipulate the refs and media favor to their side.
This is the only way they could challenge with their current material.
Last season, Milan had that favor, earning all those soft penalties and making victories out of nowhere.
After the first few rounds, we will see who the refs shall favor this year.

I still believe that Berlu will have the most influence, if it goes like that and Stramaccioni remains their coach, they are out of the title race.
Napoli lacks the depth to fight for a league title.
They always have had great ref support and they might be able to beat us in the derbies, esp after we gifted the the cup title.
The South will help and support them but Cavani wont play with all his heart after all what was said and done.

IMO, if Milan and Inter dont buy the starters they need, Napoli will rank second. At least 10 points above us.

This time, we may like the enthusiasm, but we will have the confidence of the winner.
We will be hard to beat, our greatest adversary will by the refs and our inability to convert the trillion chances we will be creating...

I d prefer Destro, than reloaning Borriello...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
They might do, but it would be reaching above their squad level to contend for the scudetto. I wouldn't underestimate how important Lavezzi was. Besides, I wouldn't expect Mazzarri to go with youth if he has a choice, I'm willing to bet he will use Pandev the most.

My point is that I don't think a superstar striker is necessary for us to win the scudetto again. I don't see the competition or league as being any stronger than last season, we have a stronger team and any success will be based on the same areas and discipline as last season. If we add a striker to score 10 more goals than Matri and turn 3-4 single points into three points then it will benefit it, but the work in Conte's team is done across the board and dependent on pressing and tempo.
You may be right, but don't discount the challenge of the CL (that's why we need that star signing in attack) and that we might potentially drop points in the fixtures after midweek European games. Last season, teams failed to take advantage of us dropping points; this season the same scenario might not play out. Only time will tell ;)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They are a dangerous team who can beat anyone on a head to head, but I think you expect more from them than I do over a 38 game season. Their current squad level is around top 3, they'd need collapses elsewhere, especially from us.

They've added Gamberini, Insigne, Behrami and Chavez to the team. I expect only Gamberini will start regularly.

De Sanctis
(Rosati)

Campagnaro - Cannavaro - Gamberini
(Grava) - (Britos) - (Aronica)

Maggio - Inler - Gargano - Zuniga
(Behrami) - (Dzemaili) - (Donadel) - (Dossena)

Hamsik - Cavani - Pandev
(Vargas) - (Hoffer) - (Insigne)​

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
Whats with all that "depth" talk here? Behrami? Gamberini? They had midfield of Hamsik, Gargano, Inler and Dzemaili as a sub. I guess Behrami gonna rotate with Gargano(who is a lot better). Gamberini? Yes, he is better than Aronica or Domizzi, but nothing special.Insigne? Pandev? There are miles behind Lavezzi at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)