Mattia De Sciglio (14 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I have no idea what game you had watched over the weekend, but it couldnt have been Parma vs Juve, could it? You are mixing things up. Bs is saying this guy made some agressive runs, when he consistently was a threat down the right side of the pitch and kept Parma's defenders on their toes throughout most of the match. Yes, combining well with Costa had a major role, but this only helps his case and doesnt take away from his game. These two worked well together so maybe this could be something we can build upon, or not. We will see in the following weeks. Some of you cant even let this dude have one good game and this time he genuinely was good if not great. Lmfao crybabies :p
did you or did you not witness him lose possession repeatedly in the 2nd half? i think at one point he killed 5 or so attacks in a row that then became parma counters.

a lot of good all those runs count for when he cant actually do anything of use with the ball.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I have no problem saying if he had a good game when he has one. But against Parma, suggesting he was not caught out of his position, misplaying passes or crosses, is being fouled by 2 of his runs. I'd have said the same about Cancelo which I overall didn't like in his last few months.

Jun 6, 2015
if we wanted that player then maybe we shouldve kept cancelo
Very true. Mattia at his best can be a pretty reliable defender, but hard to see him become a huge threat going forward. He should just keep it simple, play it safe and be positionally responsible. Sometimes being unnoticed and boring can be a good thing.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
I recall at least 6-7 times when he beat his marker and got to dangerous area. At the beginning of second half he looked shaky again, but soon he picked up his game and continued with a great game he had in the first one. This reminded me of his early days at Milan, before he was plagued with injuries. He promissed so much back in the days, but constantly being sidelined, then taking months to recover form, only to get injured again stalled his progress. In no way do I relly on him to perform consistently, but last weekend he got some of the magic back. Along with Pjanic he was motm. He even got picked in Serie A team of the week. Lets see what happens next. If Cancelo had a game like this, I bet people would have been thrilled. Give credit when its due :p

- - - Updated - - -

Lol you know whats funny and a bit sad? This guy get trashed every week and sure he played like shit most of the time. Then one time he steps up and I mean he has a hell of a game, looking like possesed, beating defenders for fun. I recall few times he pushed the ball behind several players and run behind them. I couldnt believe my own eyes. He gets picked up in Serie A team of the week. And? He gets trashed again here :lol: Wtf meanwhile I have seen tears the size of Niagara waterfalls over Cancelo, player limited at every aspect of football game, except pace.
To call MDS performance against parma a sensational performance it was the only fitting gif this after he passed the ball to other team like 50 times in that game.Ronaldo vs atletico or Dybala vs barcelona are sensational performances.

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
did you or did you not witness him lose possession repeatedly in the 2nd half? i think at one point he killed 5 or so attacks in a row that then became parma counters.

a lot of good all those runs count for when he cant actually do anything of use with the ball.
I already stated above that he looked shaky in the opening minutes of the 2nd half and I recall him losing ball few times in that period. One time it seemed a bit clumsy since the ball went under his foot. But his game improved as the match went on. If ur referring to the last 10 minutes of the game, we stopped playing, nothing could be done about that since the entire team looked tired and out of ideas. I recall Pjanic losing ball in dangerous are, right infront of our box, yet this doesnt take away from his game. I recall Chiellini, passing the ball directly to Parma player, which started their counter attack, but again Id give Chiellini high rating for this match. No, its just few of you nitpicking and clutching at straws to save face because for months you have trashed this guy, so god forbid he has one good game. It just cant happen in the world you constructed :lol: Laughable actually the level of petiness and the lengths some of you go to throw dirt at De Goatlio. :p

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I already stated above that he looked shaky in the opening minutes of the 2nd half and I recall him losing ball few times in that period. One time it seemed a bit clumsy since the ball went under his foot. But his game improved as the match went on. If ur referring to the last 10 minutes of the game, we stopped playing, nothing could be done about that since the entire team looked tired and out of ideas. I recall Pjanic losing ball in dangerous are, right infront of our box, yet this doesnt take away from his game. I recall Chiellini, passing the ball directly to Parma player, which started their counter attack, but again Id give Chiellini high rating for this match. No, its just few of you nitpicking and clutching at straws to save face because for months you have trashed this guy, so god forbid he has one good game. It just cant happen in the world you constructed :lol: Laughable actually the level of petiness and the lengths some of you go to throw dirt at De Goatlio. :p
utter nonsense i never trashed him, never disliked him and never even critisized him before but now im "constructing a world" by saying he is not good going forward and pointing out how his constant turnovers posed a risk?

De Sciglio had a lot of open space and saw a lot of the ball. That does not make him a good attacking fullback in fact it say the opposite when you see , despite all this space, how impotent his performance still was

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
utter nonsense i never trashed him, never disliked him and never even critisized him before but now im "constructing a world" by saying he is not good going forward and pointing out how his constant turnovers posed a risk?

De Sciglio had a lot of open space and saw a lot of the ball. That does not make him a good attacking fullback in fact it say the opposite when you see , despite all this space, how impotent his performance still was
Ofc dude, you dont mind him at all, but there you go lying about his constant turnovers. Seriously wth. Was DC performance impotent? What about Pjanic? How would you rate those 2? Surely you can see the difference between MDS few days ago, the one who didnt hesitate to take on opponents, looked full of confidence, sharp and MDS of the last 2 seasons, timid, awkward in possession, looking for a backpass all the time, etc... And I repeat this was just Parma, so wtf knows if he can keep this going. Also getting voted in Serie A team of the week cant be accidentally, certainly not if he had been such a wreck, impotent wreck.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Ofc dude, you dont mind him at all, but there you go lying about his constant turnovers. Seriously wth. Was DC performance impotent? What about Pjanic? How would you rate those 2? Surely you can see the difference between MDS few days ago, the one who didnt hesitate to take on opponents, looked full of confidence, sharp and MDS of the last 2 seasons, timid, awkward in possession, looking for a backpass all the time, etc... And I repeat this was just Parma, so wtf knows if he can keep this going. Also getting voted in Serie A team of the week cant be accidentally, certainly not if he had been such a wreck, impotent wreck.
I can sum up his great showing in one play.
Costa gets the ball ,passes into space down the right byline for mds who has acres of space, time to to do anything with the ball and he took so long to decide what to do with the ball that he crossed the line for a goal kick with no defender near him.
My reaction Wtf. A 12 year would at least try to send a cross.
He had a good game for his standards, but average at best for a juve squad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rainhard

May 5, 2004
With DC on the right wing we actually does not really need fullback that can run past players, we need full back that good defensively and have intelligence in his through pass into space for DC, and does not give away ball easily

And when in pre season I saw some glimpse of that through pass while watching Danilo play on the leftback

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I can sum up his great showing in one play.
Costa gets the ball ,passes into space down the right byline for mds who has acres of space, time to to do anything with the ball and he took so long to decide what to do with the ball that he crossed the line for a goal kick with no defender near him.
My reaction Wtf. A 12 year would at least try to send a cross.
He had a good game for his standards, but average at best for a juve squad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sure, if u take the worst moments of the game and only judging him by those, any player would look terrible. I dont see why would u do it though? :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

With DC on the right wing we actually does not really need fullback that can run past players, we need full back that good defensively and have intelligence in his through pass into space for DC, and does not give away ball easily

And when in pre season I saw some glimpse of that through pass while watching Danilo play on the leftback

Having a FB that can run behind defense and dribble takes a lot of pressure away from DC. Focus isnt only on him, opponent cant double/triple guard DC which leaves him with more space to make his mark.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

Well I disagree for a lot of reasons: 1)CR has the freedom to play a lot in the center so the left is for AS plus Rabiot/Matuidi. If u let DC alone, rivals are just gonna put 2 or even 3 man on DC cuz the other flank is "easy to defend" 2)Wingers need FB to create space so they can play wide or cut into the middle 3) DC crosses from the right are average so AS almost alone in the left and only DC in the right to cross the ball is a very bad idea

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The only other thing I don't agree with here is how Cancelo was some kind of offensive demon - he's very fast and skillful, so is particularly good on counters, but has low football IQ to make the most of his skills.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The only other thing I don't agree with here is how Cancelo was some kind of offensive demon - he's very fast and skillful, so is particularly good on counters, but has low football IQ to make the most of his skills.
i remember early on being very impressed by him beating players who were attempting to press/ mark him high up the field. he did it several times and, coming off a season where we crumbled to that sort of thing, it was nice to see a defender who could open up space in that way.

it had been a long time since juventus had a right back capable of that so its not surprising some of us overrated him

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He will play in most of the games this year, prolly even more than CR7, the acquisition of Danilo guarantees that, it could have been the other way around, if we were keeping, our best wing backs, Spina and Cancelo and selling Sandro instead.
Sandro and Danilo will lose a lot of games and every time this happens, De Sciglio will step in.
But if you have the right manager you can buy your way in a starter's spot easily at Juve.
I predict that after the legendary imposed-by-managers-Bonucci, De Sciglio will be named as our new captain...
And those will close careers at Juve, as no other team is stupid enough to buy them, Arabs wont spare the cash, they would better burn it and Chinese have better homegrown players than that...
Marotta knew when he was buying them that their acquisition will have catastrophic long term consequences in our team, prolly he knew by then, that he was leaving and this year, he never made an effort to get them at Inter, he knows they are trash, he only got them to harm us...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)