Mattia De Sciglio (48 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
His passing was worse than normal. You can put that down to early season or whatever but in Sarri's system he can't keep doing it.

It was frustrating watching him because yeah, he looked commanding in most things he was doing, then he'd pass the ball and it was all over the place.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Always been shit, always gonna be shit
No fan of this player and I dont think hes good enough for starting 11, based on seeing him over the previous 2 seasons. Yesterday though he looked incredible and prolly not the right game to throw dirt at him :p

If he plays like this consistently, I will be his number 1 fan. Unlikely, but hope to be proven wrong.

Mar 9, 2006
Well yeah because that stat is for duels and not passes. I'm sure they have a stat for passing if you want to find it.
This shit will never stops - they desperately need to have a scapegoat, they can't criticize Chiellini and his brainfart that almost led to Parma's equaliser, they have Ds, Matuidi to shit on for 24/7 even when they've played great matches

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
His passing was worse than normal. You can put that down to early season or whatever but in Sarri's system he can't keep doing it.

It was frustrating watching him because yeah, he looked commanding in most things he was doing, then he'd pass the ball and it was all over the place.
Can you please explain to me Sarri's system?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Can you please explain to me Sarri's system?
In the first instance you can't play a highly possession-based game with players who give the ball away. You also can't have a fullback doing it often if the idea is to high press, especially at high tempo. It just puts the rest of the defence under unreasonable pressure on the counter attack.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This shit will never stops - they desperately need to have a scapegoat, they can't criticize Chiellini and his brainfart that almost led to Parma's equaliser, they have Ds, Matuidi to shit on for 24/7 even when they've played great matches
Over time players end up with various amounts of credit, that's fair if you compare consistency of performances between players like Chiellini and Ronaldo and those like Matuidi and MDS. Now you see more often that players are judged on a game-to-game basis, which is beyond ridiculous.

I'll tell you what is also ridiculous - judging players in the opening few rounds or moaning about players who have not played. But it goes on. EVERY. SEASON. And it's stupid, like when Roma or Napoli go on their early season runs and people start talking about the scudetto. This part of the season all you're trying to do is stay in the chasing pack, get match fitness up, and work on tactical cohesion and systems with new players. We'll probably stay in the pack simply because we've got better players than everyone else, but the real test is always the second part of the season. In the first half it's a bit of a mess and you're trying to get through it with points on the board and seeing where you are when the dust settles and all the teams are settled.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
In the first instance you can't play a highly possession-based game with players who give the ball away. You also can't have a fullback doing it often if the idea is to high press, especially at high tempo. It just puts the rest of the defence under unreasonable pressure on the counter attack.
That doesn't answer my question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)