Mattia De Sciglio (14 Viewers)

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
YES SO MUCH LOL HERE, LOL THERE. Please come back from whatever planet you were watching the match from. Its the year 2019 on earth, we demand footballers can play offensively.
If Allegri wanted to attack down the right he would have just started Cancelo. There was a reason he started MdS (i don't agree with it). How many runs did you see Juanfran make yesterday?

Juve-Boner

May 6, 2012
Cool. We should sell Chiellini too because he doesn’t play offensively.

#LogicBomb
Goals wins champions leagues, defense does NOT, they get you league titles.
How many more failures you need to witness before learning? Worlds supposed best defense got shiat on when it mattered the most (1-4, 1-3)#UnLogicBomb.
You think Zidane would ever field MDS against Atl.Madrid in a knockout tie as a starter? he is full of pussy mentality like Allegri.. He is so not ready for these kind of matches and we saw that.

If Allegri wanted to attack down the right he would have just started Cancelo. There was a reason he started MdS (i don't agree with it). How many runs did you see Juanfran make yesterday?
One guy is 34 years old, the other is 26 and supposed to be in his best years, yet he cant do anything offensively.
Juanfran never played offensively thats what you are saying right? or only in this match? MDS is just so milan/inter trash level. You`re not fucking tired of watching this shit football being played? They tried to play the ball around like Bayern did from behind, but you can`t with this guy on one side and Sandro on pluto.
And one last thing, none of them went offensive okay fair enough, but you can`t say they defend equally good, because we all know the answer to that.

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
Goals wins champions leagues, defense does NOT, they get you league titles.
How many more failures you need to witness before learning? Worlds supposed best defense got shiat on when it mattered the most (1-4, 1-3)#UnLogicBomb.
You think Zidane would ever field MDS against Atl.Madrid in a knockout tie as a starter? he is full of pussy mentality like Allegri.. He is so not ready for these kind of matches and we saw that.

One guy is 34 years old, the other is 26 and supposed to be in his best years, yet he cant do anything offensively.
Juanfran never played offensively thats what you are saying right? or only in this match? MDS is just so milan/inter trash level. You`re not fucking tired of watching this shit football being played? They tried to play the ball around like Bayern did from behind, but you can`t with this guy on one side and Sandro on pluto.
And one last thing, none of them went offensive okay fair enough, but you can`t say they defend equally good, because we all know the answer to that.
What i am saying is that MdS can only play the way his coach wants him to play and with Allegri that is always negative football. Yesterday all play went down the left flank and MdS was playing specifically to defend.

Juve-Boner

May 6, 2012
What i am saying is that MdS can only play the way his coach wants him to play and with Allegri that is always negative football. Yesterday all play went down the left flank and MdS was playing specifically to defend.
How do you know that? I remember a lot of times they tried to play it from MDS to dybala to miss placed pass. i dont think he had specific instructions from Allegri to not go forward like Sandro. They were both just utterly shit. Allegri chose MDS because he wanted a more stable defender than Cancelo in first match, that does not mean he cant play offensively. my problem with MDS is in my opinion he brings nothing to the table for the team, he is not good offensively and he is not a MONSTER defensively.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I have no issue with MDS starting. Allegri simply tried neutralising Atleticos strengths. Cancelo would have been exposed more times than not. I would have fielded a 4-4-2. Like what he did against Bayern a few seasons back. Yes it ended shitty but we don’t have Evra

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
How do you know that? I remember a lot of times they tried to play it from MDS to dybala to miss placed pass. i dont think he had specific instructions from Allegri to not go forward like Sandro. They were both just utterly shit. Allegri chose MDS because he wanted a more stable defender than Cancelo in first match, that does not mean he cant play offensively. my problem with MDS is in my opinion he brings nothing to the table for the team, he is not good offensively and he is not a MONSTER defensively.
Remember Barzagli playing in a back 4 with Chiellini/Bonucci/Sandro...he was a glorified CB and if you watch the game again yesterday you will see they utilized MdS the same way. Of course MdS still had to make plays and he's typically a f**k up with the ball at his feet but again, not everyone is going to be used offensively in a game especially when you have defenders like Bonucci who are terrible at man marking. They need support especially when playing a team who counters like AM do

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I have no issue with MDS starting. Allegri simply tried neutralising Atleticos strengths. Cancelo would have been exposed more times than not. I would have fielded a 4-4-2. Like what he did against Bayern a few seasons back. Yes it ended shitty but we don’t have Evra
100% this! I have been saying all along the 433 is the problem. We do not have the players for it. We need a 442 or a 352 blaming desciglio 8s just ignorant of the actual underlying problem. Allegri chooses a loosing formation and doesn't want to budge

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He wasn’t in the lineup to attack or contribute to the team the way Sandro is “supposed” to.

lol at people expecting him to attack. Wasn’t at fault for any of the goals. For an avenger defender he is doing fine.
He didn't cost us anything, but he didn't contribute anything either. I wouldn't call him a positive; he wasn't positive or negative, just meh.

What the fuck is an avenger defender? :boh: :p

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Hmmm, I wouldn't say that. I mean, for an RB to be the best in the world, shouldn't he be somewhat decent at actual defending? :D
Don't know, apparently centre-backs don't need to be able to defend either these days :D

I get what you are saying though, I always like my fullbacks to be able to defend but the game has evolved so much that more and more they are about being an extra attacker. I think it is widely regarded that Cancelo is one of the top RB's at the moment and I struggle to think of many better despite his weaknesses.

Who would you say are the best RBs?

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Who would you say are the best RBs?
Probably Carvajal & Kimmich and at a push Walker. Those are his main rivals in that position. Dani Alves on his day too although he’s a bit too old now.

EDIT: also forgot his Portuguese compatriot, Semedo who’s pretty talented too but doesn’t play as much for Barca due to their style of play.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Cancelo probably would scored or be heavily involved in a important away goal but no let's lose 2-0 with even trying a leg instead of maybe losing 2-1 or get a win. Some of you have the same pussy ass mentality as Alegri and don't deserve any CL.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Probably Carvajal & Kimmich and at a push Walker. Those are his main rivals in that position. Dani Alves on his day too although he’s a bit too old now.

EDIT: also forgot his Portuguese compatriot, Semedo who’s pretty talented too but doesn’t play as much for Barca due to their style of play.
Carvajal probably.

Kimmich and Walker in particular not a chance.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Wigga, plz. MDS was shit defensively as well. He's okay playing against shit opposition but whenever he's played against top tier teams he's just a Bambi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)