Mattia De Sciglio (47 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Our defence has looked 10x better on the right with MDS there. Would love another top RB in the summer obviously, but MDS isn’t the scrub you and others erroneously stated that he was.
He has done nothing of note at all, how the heck are you satisfied? Especially when we had Dani Alves just half a year ago. It should be alarming for you the complete downgrade in this position.

As iceman said, only upside for him is the fact Licht is even worse.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Our defence has looked 10x better on the right with MDS there. Would love another top RB in the summer obviously, but MDS isn’t the scrub you and others erroneously stated that he was.
He has done nothing of note at all, how the heck are you satisfied? Especially when we had Dani Alves just half a year ago. It should be alarming for you the complete downgrade in this position.

You’re both right

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Meh, nothing special, but he never was. Still has a lot to prove. He will never replace Dani Alves, not even half of what Alves offers yet People say he's solid defensively but lets not to disguise the fact that our wingers double up as full backs when out of possession any ways so they are made to look more defensively sound than they actually are, same with asamoah too

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
Can't believe people are satisfied. Can't pass, can't dribble himself out of tight space, can't cross. Apart from solid defending he is very average. Poor man's Azpilicueta at best.
You're clearly not watching if you think he can't pass. He's way more composed on the ball than licht and he finds his man often and keeps the ball on the ground. Other than s few bad passes he's actually been quite solid. Doesn't push up as much, but when he's crossed it wasn't bad at all either. I think he's got lots to improve but he's still getting used to the system and the only criticism I'd give him is not pushing up and over lapping as much, along with some drops in concentration, but you can clearly see he has potential to be a very solid player.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Our best RB atm, which isn't a compliment to him so much as a shot at the club for neglecting a position so badly. However, if he remains defensively solid then I don't care. He's definitely got some mistakes in him but should at least become more or less Licht 2.0 in his prime.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Can't believe people are satisfied. Can't pass, can't dribble himself out of tight space, can't cross. Apart from solid defending he is very average. Poor man's Azpilicueta at best.
you dont watch our games do you?

- - - Updated - - -

anyone in the world would be a downgrade on Alves tbh, hes just on another level in terms of playmaking and making the correct decisions with the ball

- - - Updated - - -

You're clearly not watching if you think he can't pass. He's way more composed on the ball than licht and he finds his man often and keeps the ball on the ground. Other than s few bad passes he's actually been quite solid. Doesn't push up as much, but when he's crossed it wasn't bad at all either. I think he's got lots to improve but he's still getting used to the system and the only criticism I'd give him is not pushing up and over lapping as much, along with some drops in concentration, but you can clearly see he has potential to be a very solid player.
yup

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
And what did you guys expect from Howedes lol? Having a RB who can actually defend is good enough for now, far better than where we were earlier

Benoit

Dec 9, 2017
Hopefully howedes somehow becomes injury-free, cause de siglico is garbage, and to think we replaced dani alves with him. Marotta is a joke, constant obession with free transfers, i don't see psg, barcelona or the other top teams doing, so how do you expect to compete with them by doing this, his pennypenching is making the club regress and go backwards, so getting to champions league final twice in three years will mean nothing, because he signs mediocre players.

Apr 19, 2007
I think we should get off this transfer a bit. Alves screwed us by leaving when we had no idea he wanted to leave. We were not prepared and brought in a squad player stop gap. That doesnt mean the position is ignored it just means we have to go through the season without a great rb. I believe 100% we will have a rb brought in come june and then we can judge the transfer. As for as he is concerned I actually like the guy. Seems humble and is pretty solid and young. Would be happy to have him here as a backup. Hes very similar to Asamoah IMO. Has starter experience and if we keep him for a while he can fill in with a lot of tactical knowledge of our system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)