Mattia De Sciglio (11 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
It's hilraious how everyone is quick to blame him...but don't blame any of our 3 midfielders and 3 defenders in the box ball watching and not marking anyone
Luck would have it (or rather lack of it) that De Sciglio would miss that tackle. Honestly, it was a great tackle but it just wasnt to be tonight. When things go bad, they go bad for everyone it seems. I aint putting this loss on DS and he is not to be blamed for anything.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
As Virtu stated hopefully confidence will not make him into Alves but a sufficient starting RB. Would only use him paired with Rugani to see if that combo can work? Forget Baz or Ben cause you might not know if MDS alone is to blame. No future in it anyway.

Of course maybe a RB signing soon but I would wait till home grown reinforcement options appear in 2018. Put the money towards a MF so better control of the ball in the midfield or else Juve's defense will have more chances than the potential potent offense we paid for.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
https://streamable.com/f2i1l#

His official debute and he does that in 94th, cant be scripted any better @Dru :lol:
lol,
just shows how clueless most of you are.

watching it in this video several times you fricking blame the scrub de sciglio while we had the numerical advance in the box, but still managed to leave to players of them totally open to tap in. we had 6 players in the box versus 4 of the opponent (5 if you cant the one that is going to pass).

we had three defenders marking NOBODY while two opponents stood in place to slot in. would the first one have missed, the second one could have converted as well.

only barza from that red line need to be there to close the short corner. all the others fucked up by not man marking and standing in space where they were useless. this is again the same retard behaviour like with the games where ronaldo and mbappe scored against us.

in the video you can very well see that pjanic even stopps the run when the pass is about to be played. if he did not stop the run he could have intercepted it.

arm chair coaches.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
lol,

watching it in this video several times you fricking blame the scrub de sciglio while we had equal numbers in the box, but still managed to leave to players of them totally open to tap in.

we had three defenders marking NOBODY while two opponents stood in place to slot in. would the first one have missed, the second one could have converted as well.

arm chair coaches.
and the ref blocked Sami who would have probably intercepted it :lol: (even though he was jogging back and only started running when Lukaku got past Mattia)

edit: lol no wait, he would not actually. would be 1-2 meters off probably even without the ref in way. fucking jogging Sami

- - - Updated - - -

:D

you guys were lucky he was only on his last year of contract, otherwise we'd have charged you 20-25 mil, easily :D
Max will fix him, then you will be sad :agree:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
lol,

watching it in this video several times you fricking blame the scrub de sciglio while we had equal numbers in the box, but still managed to leave to players of them totally open to tap in.

arm chair coaches.
Even a guy like Lukaku would kill u if u do the stupid shit MDS did. If u let a player alone with time enough to wait everyone move in the box u would always r gonna find space... Cut the nonsense' do yourself a favor and watched the play again

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Even a guy like Lukaku would kill u if u do the stupid $#@! MDS did. If u let a player alone with time enough to wait everyone move in the box u would always r gonna find space... Cut the nonsense' do yourself a favor and watched the play again
the point is that you are supposed to have no problem resolving such situations when you have more bodies in the box. we had 2 more players in the box even if you do not count de sciglio.

de sciglio probably thought he would play for a proper professional football team and not some scrubs that are not able to regain the ball with 6 vs 4 players in their favor. How dare he try to tackle, when that leaves us only 2 man more than them in the box ?

he is a scrub but you simply need to be able to defend if you got more bodies in the box. it is the attitude of the two guys behind barza that rather stay in the space and act as second and third goal keeper instead of man marking that lead to this goal.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
and the ref blocked Sami who would have probably intercepted it :lol: (even though he was jogging back and only started running when Lukaku got past Mattia)

edit: lol no wait, he would not actually. would be 1-2 meters off probably even without the ref in way. $#@!ing jogging Sami
this is exactly exemplary for our attitude. we defend in numbers and everybody of our defenders thinks "hey, we got more man in the box. somebody will surely get the ball" without properly marking men or space. this whole "defensive fortress" talk got into our defenders head and now they think they do not need to be carefull anymore.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Ask yourselves this, a team that finished up in the Europa league places didn't even want to keep this lump of turd, and we're meant to be challenging for the CL? scary to think this is our starting rb if not barzagli or worse lichtsteiner

May 26, 2016
How did this even happen. I mean, From Alves to this guy, just feels like a nigthmare. Such an incredible downgrade.

First Bonucci, which i have somewhat accepted (personal reasons and all that drama with Allegri), but this just makes no sense at all.

Im really trying to figure out why we even went for this decision to give this player the chance to be our RB. There are so many better players out there!

You can blame the zonal/man marking all you want, but it does not take away his clear lack of talent. Its really obvious.

I am willing to give him time, and i really hope he improves, but what i have seen so far has been absolutely atrocious, just really , really bad.

I was observing him closely against Lazio and really struggled to see what he actually is good at.

Puzzled, just weird.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
OK. I don't really like this player but I do think we are being overly harsh on him. Just remember, I really don't think the management bought MDS thinking he would be the starter. He is a rotation player, that's why we paid a transfer fee similar to what a rotation player costs. Clearly Allegri sees something in him. To be frank, I trust his judgment more than mine or anyone else here.

My guess is that for this season, much more of our wing play in an attacking sense is coming from dedicated attacking wingers and less so from flying full backs - particularly on that right hand side. MDS will be playing a lot deeper than Alves was and what Lichsteiner used to do.

To be honest though, I was surprised that Allegri put De Sciglio on and not Lichsteiner. Lichsteiner is more established and has a better understanding with the other defenders. Costa and Berna are different because they are players who could make a difference.

Overall though, our defence is lacking communication more than anything else. I suspect this is part of why Bonucci was so important - he had personality and marshaled the defence - he was a leader. This is going to be the biggest issue.

Defending properly depends on the collective and you need leaders to pull people into line. Hopefully Chiellini or Rugani can step up a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)