Mattia De Sciglio (4 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
He has that "deer in headlights" look whenever an opponent attacker is approaching him.
Looking good once again under allegri. I feel like he has looked like one of our most calm players. Assured defensively and taking good positions. I think he is going to be an excellent signing. Offensively we will depend more on the wingers on both flanks so the fullbacks will be more important defensively this season. Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi will be the main flank creators. Because of this I think De Sciglio will do well.. he obviously isnt anywhere near Alves in offense but a natural winger like Bernardeschi is

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Looking good once again under allegri. I feel like he has looked like one of our most calm players. Assured defensively and taking good positions. I think he is going to be an excellent signing. Offensively we will depend more on the wingers on both flanks so the fullbacks will be more important defensively this season. Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi will be the main flank creators. Because of this I think De Sciglio will do well.. he obviously isnt anywhere near Alves in offense but a natural winger like Bernardeschi is
Yup. We don't need him going forward. Just get the ball to the wings and stay disciplined defensively. I don't know where this "deer in headlights" crap comes from. He's always been a calm player. I think there's this stigma that comes with him that he's a garbage player so any mistake he makes will be magnified, but he really will be an excellent signing. A much better investment than Conti, who's so overrated it's hilarious. Just watch.

Mar 30, 2006
Yup. We don't need him going forward. Just get the ball to the wings and stay disciplined defensively. I don't know where this "deer in headlights" crap comes from. He's always been a calm player. I think there's this stigma that comes with him that he's a garbage player so any mistake he makes will be magnified, but he really will be an excellent signing. A much better investment than Conti, who's so overrated it's hilarious. Just watch.
I think it is just fickle thoughts. People will come around when they see him playing. Like they did with Barzagli and Pirlo. I have faith in Allegri to bring De Sciglio back to his best level and organize the defence. Otherwise we would not have brought him in and would have signed Danilo or someone. But Allegri wanted Douglas Costa and De Sciglio

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Some people bash him for almost no reason at all. Like he is Marco G.O.A.T Motta or something, DeS played only one game (and was decent in my book), cut him some slack.

Mar 30, 2006
Some people bash him for almost no reason at all. Like he is Marco G.O.A.T Motta or something, DeS played only one game (and was decent in my book), cut him some slack.
He is really a great signing. Can play LB and RB, is experienced in the CL and international level with 30 caps for Italy, only 24 years old, knows and is trusted by the manager, knows many of his defensive teammates from the national team and was signed at a discount rate. Of all the signings he is rather a surprising one for people to jump on the anger and outrage bandwagon.

I think it relates to Alves being a surprise for us in creativity and De Sciglio not being able to have that impact but De Sciglio is not really Alves replecement I feel. I posted this in the Cancelo thread so will post here too:

MDS is not a replacement for Alves. Alves and Cuadrado competed to be the creative right wing option. De Sciglio will come in to be the right sided defender and Bernardeschi comes in to compete with Cuadrado to be the right sided creative option. Alves was never really a fullback for us. He was deployed as a right wingerin the 4231 or RWB in the 352. Now that we are using the 4231 we got De Sciglio for right back. Essentially from out CL final line up De Sciglio is a replacement for Barzagli while Bernardeschi/Cudrado will take Alves role

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't take too much stock in his later Milan appearances, when you are surrounded by that much mediocre trash it's always hard to look halfway decent. He's always looked much better for Italy (he was very good in Euro 16 IMO) and I have no doubt he'll do very well with us.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He is really a great signing. Can play LB and RB, is experienced in the CL and international level with 30 caps for Italy, only 24 years old, knows and is trusted by the manager, knows many of his defensive teammates from the national team and was signed at a discount rate. Of all the signings he is rather a surprising one for people to jump on the anger and outrage bandwagon.

I think it relates to Alves being a surprise for us in creativity and De Sciglio not being able to have that impact but De Sciglio is not really Alves replecement I feel. I posted this in the Cancelo thread so will post here too:

MDS is not a replacement for Alves. Alves and Cuadrado competed to be the creative right wing option. De Sciglio will come in to be the right sided defender and Bernardeschi comes in to compete with Cuadrado to be the right sided creative option. Alves was never really a fullback for us. He was deployed as a right wingerin the 4231 or RWB in the 352. Now that we are using the 4231 we got De Sciglio for right back. Essentially from out CL final line up De Sciglio is a replacement for Barzagli while Bernardeschi/Cudrado will take Alves role
Good post :tup:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

If he comes as a starter, no he is not a great signing. He is cheap because nearly Boone want him and he is about to run out of contract. We were forced to pay more than we wanted to get him, because of a stupid arguments that a Chinese club that has no respect for money could offer more.
He is sub par, always have been and always will be. The only reason such a low quality player was called in the NT and made some caps is because that the NT had no options. In past years everyone tries to be a Messi and there is a huge shortage of defenders. The lesser you have to choose from, the more compromises you make.
Juevtnus normally shouldn't make the same compromises. Unfortunately we are forced to have a number of local player, we try to buy the best there and when there is only trash, we should pay trash money, however we were abused and robbed of millions. His nationality is the only reason we are considering him, not his quality. Its bad when we are forced to buy trash for any reason and it cannot be sugarcoated. Being a starter in the NT used to mean smth because of the high quality of the competition, now it does not, players like DS are the actual proof!
At any case what's worse is that hype may help him to be considered somewhat reliable and start the season with very very bad options. This is why buying an overrated I player is double harmful.
Licht brings quality at times, but not reliably, as it stands now De Sciglio will be the starter and he will be the weakest link of the lot.
We aspire to become better, but never had such a low quality starter in a while. We invest 45mil to get depth players elsewhere and if the best we can do for RB is DS then it is a disaster!

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Cross of the season tho.
Milan fans have been going on about that stupid cross all fucking day long with comments and gifs. It was a bad cross, ok, but come on, i personally have witnessed crosses like that being made from many of the WC wing-backs we know today. God, i wish someone had made a compilation of all the amazing blunders of the 24-year-old Bonucci that we have all witnessed here. Not to mention that awful dive he made and the shame he brought onto himself and even onto our beloved club. Shit

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #456
    If he comes as a starter, no he is not a great signing. He is cheap because nearly Boone want him and he is about to run out of contract. We were forced to pay more than we wanted to get him, because of a stupid arguments that a Chinese club that has no respect for money could offer more.
    He is sub par, always have been and always will be. The only reason such a low quality player was called in the NT and made some caps is because that the NT had no options. In past years everyone tries to be a Messi and there is a huge shortage of defenders. The lesser you have to choose from, the more compromises you make.
    Juevtnus normally shouldn't make the same compromises. Unfortunately we are forced to have a number of local player, we try to buy the best there and when there is only trash, we should pay trash money, however we were abused and robbed of millions. His nationality is the only reason we are considering him, not his quality. Its bad when we are forced to buy trash for any reason and it cannot be sugarcoated. Being a starter in the NT used to mean smth because of the high quality of the competition, now it does not, players like DS are the actual proof!
    At any case what's worse is that hype may help him to be considered somewhat reliable and start the season with very very bad options. This is why buying an overrated I player is double harmful.
    Licht brings quality at times, but not reliably, as it stands now De Sciglio will be the starter and he will be the weakest link of the lot.
    We aspire to become better, but never had such a low quality starter in a while. We invest 45mil to get depth players elsewhere and if the best we can do for RB is DS then it is a disaster!
    I wonder what the side affects would be if I took your posts seriously

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)