Mattia De Sciglio (114 Viewers)

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Looking good once again under allegri. I feel like he has looked like one of our most calm players. Assured defensively and taking good positions. I think he is going to be an excellent signing. Offensively we will depend more on the wingers on both flanks so the fullbacks will be more important defensively this season. Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi will be the main flank creators. Because of this I think De Sciglio will do well.. he obviously isnt anywhere near Alves in offense but a natural winger like Bernardeschi is
Cool story bro, is there a reason you quoted me?

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
Bonucci's long balls never were too long and landed straight into the arms of the goalkeeper :sarcasm:
Bonucci's long balls were Godlike, it was the one aspect of his game that made him unique as a defender and made him a world beater. His finishing skills come a close second.
I hate it that he's left but I'm not biased enough to not respect his ability now that he plays for a rival.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
if he had someone better than the guy wearing #7 (who is he anyway, and what did he do with the real Jjuan) infront of him, he would do even better

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I still hope he's here to be a sub. He's a decent player but it's gonna be scary to rely on him. It's even worse that Licht is his replacement who looks like he's 1/10 of what he used to be.

We've gotten weaker otherwise.

May 22, 2013
Bonucci's long balls were Godlike, it was the one aspect of his game that made him unique as a defender and made him a world beater. His finishing skills come a close second.
I hate it that he's left but I'm not biased enough to not respect his ability now that he plays for a rival.
I completely agree. On the defensive side i think we will be just fine. And the importance of having a defender as great as Bonucci on the ball is of less magnitude in our "new" formation, especially when we have a midfielder like Pjanic and now several offensive outlets + a fullback (maybe two at the end of the mercato?) who can bring the ball forward. The way we distribute when initiating attacks will be different from seasons ago, but that is not a problem - as long as the quality is there, you can achieve succes in more than one way. I don't see our other defenders being a new Bonucci, but i think they are all fine at playing the ball, just keeping it more simple. Also, Benatia and Rugani seem to be real threats on set pieces, while we all know Chiellini will occasionally find the net aswell.

Bonucci was great, but life goes on. Hold nothing against him, but won't be cheering for him. Will rather spend my energy being excited about our new team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)