Mattia De Sciglio (29 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah its telling that his team sucks and that fullback shouldn't be judged on assists. He was great under Allegri and Conte, he'll c9me through for us.
Are you sure great is the word you want to use?

- - - Updated - - -

It was a rubbish Milan team. He'll do much better than most people expect from him. He'll have 4+ assists for his first season here. @Mark my words.
4+ assists? :shocked2:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Absolutely. Under Allegri he was great, everyone was fapping to him and called him the next great FB. Under Conte he improved so much, went from his detached careless self at Milan to his former great performances.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Absolutely. Under Allegri he was great, everyone was fapping to him and called him the next great FB. Under Conte he improved so much, went from his detached careless self at Milan to his former great performances.
I don't remember what he was like under Allegri, but I remember the hype. I watched him under Conte, and at best he was solid, not great. And that was just sometimes. Other times he looked weak.

Now I'm not saying he's not going to do better here. But I don't expect him to become anything near to "great", and we will probably be looking for a better RB within a few seasons.

I wonder why no one was asking for him in the wishlist thread before. It's only now that we have him people are telling themselves he can be great.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I can't answer for other people, I've consistent about what I write. Some people wanted Danilo or Aurier and those are absolute trainwrecks. Here we have a good piece of business to fill a position we need with a player who flourished under our coach and came for cheap. Allegri-era De Sciglio was great, no questions asked, lets hope we can bring that back. At worst, it's a cheap back up.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I can't answer for other people, I've consistent about what I write. Some people wanted Danilo or Aurier and those are absolute trainwrecks. Here we have a good piece of business to fill a position we need with a player who flourished under our coach and came for cheap. Allegri-era De Sciglio was great, no questions asked, lets hope we can bring that back. At worst, it's a cheap back up.
When I think of great contemporary fullbacks I think of D. Alves, Sandro, Lahm, Carvajal...

Can you tell me what he was great at?

Even in his "great" season under Allegri, he had 2 assists and 0 goals in 2225 minutes (and then had 0g 0a for the next 2 seasons until 2015/2016).

You say you can't judge a fullback by his assists tally. But come on, 6 assists and 0 goals in 128 games say a lot about his offensive potential.

Was he like some super defensive beast? Is that what made him great?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
And De Sciglio wasn't a train wreck himself? Man how biased you are. Danilo showed the level of performances De Sciglio can only dream of. Even Aurier has put in beastly performances.

De Sciglio at his best was a very solid fullback. Not world class or dint show any WC talent but he was a solid player.
Bar his initial breakthrough season, he showed nothing of note.

Of course he's ours now and I obviously want him to succeed but there was nothing wrong in people preferring Danilo or even Aurier over him. And judging by your previous posts , you're probably a nationalistic poster who puts nationality ahead of quality which is frankly annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)