Mattia De Sciglio (16 Viewers)

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
The best is yet to come. Even if he will battle it out with Conti in the future, the Azzurri will always choose the defensive over the offensive and in this regard De Sciglio is far superior to Conti
Idk I think Conti is the future RB unless De Sciglio rebounds very well here.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
So, I just want to be clear on this.

We bought a fullback, who was a bench player, by and large, for Milan, who was on the last year of his contract, for 12 million? In huge part because Allegri has a hard on for him?
Milan's revenge for selling them Matri :baus:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
You know ... And I'm not saying I expect this to be the most likely scenario or anything...

But football is actually so weird that we may see Bonny struggling at Milan and De Sciglio doing really well here. You just never know.

People were laughing at Cannavaro too, during his Inter days.

I'm not expecting MDS to have the impact that the latter had, but for now I'm gonna have some faith and just hope for the best.

We will deploy him at right back at all times, which is where he thrives. At Milan he played left back many times, which clearly isn't his best position.

Also, he had some pretty damn good games for them with Max at the helm, and I remember some really good performances from him with the Azzurri.

What's 12 million these days, anyway. We are in dire need of RBs, and I'm glad we're giving The Sciglio a chance.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
You know ... And I'm not saying I expect this to be the most likely scenario or anything...

But football is actually so weird that we may see Bonny struggling at Milan and De Sciglio doing really well here. You just never know.

People were laughing at Cannavaro too, during his Inter days.

I'm not expecting MDS to have the impact that the latter had, but for now I'm gonna have some faith and just hope for the best.

We will deploy him at right back at all times, which is where he thrives. At Milan he played left back many times, which clearly isn't his best position.

Also, he had some pretty damn good games for them with Max at the helm, and I remember some really good performances from him with the Azzurri.

What's 12 million these days, anyway. We are in dire need of RBs, and I'm glad we're giving The Sciglio a chance.
I like the "he was good under Max in Milan" argument. That was 4 years ago and he has be injured or crap ever since.
Anyway here is hoping for the best. As somebody said he is usually decent defensively, so hopefully having him in a Barza type of RB role will allow our wingers and AS more freedom to attack.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
It's gonna take a while before I get my head around this move even though I happily accepted it as it was prescribed by Dr Allegri. I'm just trying to figure out what he saw in him... :cronios:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I like the "he was good under Max in Milan" argument. That was 4 years ago and he has be injured or crap ever since.
Anyway here is hoping for the best. As somebody said he is usually decent defensively, so hopefully having him in a Barza type of RB role will allow our wingers and AS more freedom to attack.
Well... yeah, it's a little far-fetched :D

But the same management that brought us 6 scudetti in a row and 2 CL finals in 3 years deems him worthy of a role in this Juve side, so for now I'll have faith.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Now he is back with his mentor, he may be able to do what he really is capable of. Price is a little high, but he could be getting back his form, even his 2016 Euro form was pretty good..
I am optimistic of this move. As long as we have a strong DM that could help defensively, i say we will still be the strongest at the back in serie A still..

Welcome MDS!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He will take the vacant number 2 shirt.

The number that nobody had since the legendary Marco motta

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
So this guy will be our starting RB probably, not that bad for me if Costa plays upfront. Would be worrying if bought offensive minded RB since Costa doesnt work so hard in defence, but i expect him to make huge impact in offense.
So starting spots:
Lb: Sandro
Lw: Mandzu
Rb: DS
Rw: Costa
Looks really balanced to me also with Cuads and Berna on the bench. Buying him for this cheap means we will have a lot of miney for CM, really wonder who will come, we would need strong physical guy, who at the same time can run forever and is good with headers, no idea who that might be. I expect Matuidi he brings everything bar the headers.

May 22, 2007
It's gonna take a while before I get my head around this move even though I happily accepted it as it was prescribed by Dr Allegri. I'm just trying to figure out what he saw in him... :cronios:

If you watch back to a few of the Juve vs Milan games from 2011-2013, you'll see what Allegri sees in MDS. He was playing good football. Usually performs well for Italy as well. He had a strong display against Spain at the Euros, stayed on top of Silva and Juanfran all game.

I think this could be a bargain.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
We said all the time we Build Champions so we are gonna be tested really hard again cuz definitely De Sciglio currently is far from a Champion

Jun 6, 2015
Idk I think Conti is the future RB unless De Sciglio rebounds very well here.
Conti hasn't even played a single game for the Azzurri yet. Darmian and Zappacosta are easily ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment, then there are the forgotten men De Sciglio and Florenzi. The RB situation is far from clear but I think Ventura will keep faith with his favorites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)