Mattia Caldara (9 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
This is how i start my days, every single day, wuth this clip. I have it saved in "Favourites" since it first came out. All the haters and doubters who suspect the ability of our management should watch this. How we turned thungs around. How, thanks to this management we are in a position to have a player like CR7 in our ranks, rape all of the Italian teams for seven god damn years and be one of the best 4 teams in the world!

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
yeah wtf these rumors. Surely Caldara is worth more than Rugani?
After last season epectations for Rugani surely cooled down, but still at the same age he has basically on more season more played in Serie A than Caldara (roughly 3000 mins played more).
Tbf im really defending Caldara but i have no fucking idea how he plays and how good he is. I just remember how he completly shut down Higuain when we played Atalanta.

On other hand what really strikes me with Rugani is his aerial ability, dude wins almost every header. What he lacks though is just like wveryone else says agresiveness. Caldara supposedly has this grinta.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I highly doubt we'll send him to Milan this summer, yes they are interested but it sure doesn't mean we are willing to accept it either, i have faith that the management knows exactly what they are doing, from all the rumours and fake news doing the round i'll choose to believe the(even tho less popular) rumours linking us to a most likely Benatia/Higuain swap deal for Bonucci(+cash?), otherwise it hardly makes any sense tbf, clearly we are looking to get rid of some dead wood ourselfs while at it.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
'Caldara calm & had character’
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri praised Mattia Caldara for putting his early mistake during Benfica-Juventus on Saturday behind him. “He showed calmness and character.”

Caldara’s misjudgement gifted Benfica the opener, with some viewing it as a sign that the defender had been distracted by reports of a possible move to Milan.

However, Juve went on to equalise through Luca Clemenza’s late thunderbolt, before ultimately winning the International Champions Cup friendly on penalties.

“When there are games like these, it’s right to applaud and Clemenza deserved it for his goal,” the Coach said after the game.

“Despite the heat, I liked how the lads played, especially the younger ones. Cancelo did well, especially in the second half, when he forged an understanding with Alex Sandro.

“He has great potential going forward, but naturally he has to improve defensively. In my opinion, Mattia also did well.

“He showed calmness and character, good signs in what was practically his first match with us.”

Allegri rounded off his post-match interview by paying tribute to Gianluigi Buffon, who has conceded four goals in his first two appearances for Paris Saint-Germain.

“Gigi was the greatest goalkeeper in the world for several years,” added the 50-year-old.

“He had an extraordinary career, and he decided to move to Paris as a lifestyle choice. I wish him well.”

Boksic

May 11, 2005
'Caldara calm & had character’
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri praised Mattia Caldara for putting his early mistake during Benfica-Juventus on Saturday behind him. “He showed calmness and character.”

Caldara’s misjudgement gifted Benfica the opener, with some viewing it as a sign that the defender had been distracted by reports of a possible move to Milan.

However, Juve went on to equalise through Luca Clemenza’s late thunderbolt, before ultimately winning the International Champions Cup friendly on penalties.

“When there are games like these, it’s right to applaud and Clemenza deserved it for his goal,” the Coach said after the game.

“Despite the heat, I liked how the lads played, especially the younger ones. Cancelo did well, especially in the second half, when he forged an understanding with Alex Sandro.

“He has great potential going forward, but naturally he has to improve defensively. In my opinion, Mattia also did well.

“He showed calmness and character, good signs in what was practically his first match with us.”

Allegri rounded off his post-match interview by paying tribute to Gianluigi Buffon, who has conceded four goals in his first two appearances for Paris Saint-Germain.

“Gigi was the greatest goalkeeper in the world for several years,” added the 50-year-old.

“He had an extraordinary career, and he decided to move to Paris as a lifestyle choice. I wish him well.”
Pretty sure this didn't happen and they scored from a long range free-kick.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Pretty sure this didn't happen and they scored from a long range free-kick.
Yes. Football Italia is such a bad news website. Allegri was referecing the 1st half incident where Caldara let Benfica go 1-on-1.

The freekick that led to Benfica's goal was conceded by Benatia.

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
Why people are saying Caldara is better than Rugani is beyond me. They are the same age (Rugani being two months younger). Rugani already had dozens of matches in our shirt and was decent to very good in nearly all of them. For a 24 year-old Italian defender this is great. Also yesterday Rugani looked like a professor next to Caldara.

I am not saying Caldara is poor, but just as Rugani, he will have to wait for his real chance at Juve. At the same time, Rugani seems ready to become a first team regular.

Jul 13, 2010
Why people are saying Caldara is better than Rugani is beyond me. They are the same age (Rugani being two months younger). Rugani already had dozens of matches in our shirt and was decent to very good in nearly all of them. For a 24 year-old Italian defender this is great. Also yesterday Rugani looked like a professor next to Caldara.

I am not saying Caldara is poor, but just as Rugani, he will have to wait for his real chance at Juve. At the same time, Rugani seems ready to become a first team regular.
caldara scored 10 goals in 54 serie a games and has stronger body, that helps for a defender, believe me. Caldara is better at aerial battles an heading overall aswell.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
caldara scored 10 goals in 54 serie a games and has stronger body, that helps for a defender, believe me. Caldara is better at aerial battles an heading overall aswell.
And that tells you a lot, since Rugani is not too shabby in that regard as well (aerial battles I mean). I mean, he wins pretty much every duel in the air, at least that's the impression for me.

We've got two very promising CBs that should be polished a little bit more to become the present of Juve in a not too distant future. That's why talk about Bonucci hardly makes sense for me. We've got a very good pair of CBs for today in Chellini and Benatia and two very promising and young Cbs in Rugani and Caldara who go t the papers to become great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)