Mattia Caldara (5 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Caldara has that bit of bastard about him. I'm not sure Rugani will ever have that, he's too nice.
Yeah he kinda reminds me of the gritty brute approach of Chiellini with the offensive technical style of Ramos at times.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
and he wasn't even on the top of his game today, still silenced the roma attack for most of the match

i can't wait to see him at juve

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yeah he kinda reminds me of the gritty brute approach of Chiellini with the offensive technical style of Ramos at times.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
So Diego Godin. Don't think he has Ramos' feet but he has Godin's head.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I don't think he is better than Rugani, if Rugani had the same chances, in the same level of team, the difference among them would be more obvious. Now it's harder to judge, but there is one thing for sure, it will take many years before Allegri gives Caldara a chance...

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
While Caldara does look better than Rugani at the moment, one should be careful.

Caldara is playing in the middle of a back 3, Conte and Bonucci taught us how many defensive mistakes that can hide. It sounds hilarious but Toloi and Masiello have been great this season, so Caldara has a solid platform to build on.

At the U21 this summer when they were the CB pair Caldara did look like the best one. Mostly it seemed due to confidence as he came from a season as a full starter while Rugani was on the bench most time and then injured for the end of it.

They are just very different, luckily we'll see which one is best here. Rugani is more Barzagli, Caldara is more Chiellini.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I just cant forget how Caldara owned Higuain when we played Atalanta. I know Higgy is out of form this year, but he was completely owned by Mattia, something you wont see too often.
He has done same with Dzeko in Roma game too.
He and Rugani seem like perfect duo for our defense, one is elegant defender and Caldara can be really agressive at times. Both are also great when it comes to headers and would probably score plenty from corners.

Right now its clear Caldara is the better player but I really believe Rugani will be starter here too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's not bad at all, in fact he has been good in more games than lot. I just wonder whether he has enough character to be a real leader here.

Technically he's very sound at everything, just a bit..."vanilla".

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Caldara is doing it at a bigger club than Rugani, and also plays better than Rugani did at Empoli imo. The advantage Rugani has, he was younger, but Caldara definitely looks like the more ready one to start for a club like Juve between the 2 right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)