Mattia Caldara (8 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
http://www.football-italia.net/105874/caldara-wont-go-juve-yet

Atalanta President Antonio Percassi confirmed Mattia Caldara will not be heading to Juventus a year early. “He’s staying with us.”

The defender has already been bought by Juve for €15m plus up to another €10m in bonuses, but left on loan in Bergamo until June 2018.

When Leonardo Bonucci made his shock transfer to Milan on Friday, it was reported that Juventus could recall Caldara early to fill the gap.

“Caldara is staying with us,” Percassi told fans at the pre-season event at the Stadio Azzurri d’Italia.

“We are happy that Alejandro Gomez has signed a new contract. I’m curious to see Andreas Cornelius at work.

“We ended an extraordinary campaign, we’re already in the last 16 of the Coppa Italia and will play in the Europa League!

“Thanks to the staff and the Coach, who will remain with us, as we wanted. For next term we’re focusing first on safety and hope we run into the weaker sides in Europe.

“Keep staying with us even when we run into difficulties, as you always have done. Be good and Forza Atalanta!”

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
@Dru @Hustini

Just grinding through these mercado dog days of summer like the rest of us, I guess. I haven't been on in like 16 months till yesterday, first time he interacts with me -- a bit salty. :p

Anyway, I think this confirmation probably means a healthy chunk of our budget will go to another CB. Which sucks, given the holes. Guess we'll see.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
No, they seem adamant about keeping him for full 18 months loan, we probably did not get recalling rights at all.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Why not? The player is an asset owned by Juve. They have final say on the player. But for a price in regards to the valuation of the deal w/ Atalanta and any clauses that state a specific penalty for early termination.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #251
    I don't think we want Caldara back.

I think we want to sign a DC for the next season while we'd get Caldara back next year when Barzagli leaves.
    why pay for a CB when you got one ready(he's 23) and have less cash for a top mid?

- - - Updated - - -

it's true. So many amateur moves.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    why pay for a CB when you got one ready(he's 23) and have less cash for a top mid?
    I don't think we can terminate or change the contract unless both parties are willing to do, and a player, which I don't think is the case.

And btw I said I don't think we want Caldara back. I didn't say I wouldn't like to bring him back at Juve. I just can't see it happening. We've already got one 'young' in Rugani and I don't think we want another one in Caldara at this point.

Jun 6, 2015
    it's true. So many amateur moves.
    I don't see it that way. Would you prefer if Atalanta just bought the player outright and we would have a buy-back option for a higher fee? Most of the other big teams do those kind of transfers. Don't see how the two year loan changes anything.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #256
    I don't see it that way. Would you prefer if Atalanta just bought the player outright and we would have a buy-back option for a higher fee? Most of the other big teams do those kind of transfers. Don't see how the two year loan changes anything.
    just fucking loan the guys one year at a time FFS!!!

In the meantime these clubs sell their players to the milanese and get paid in 2-3 years.

We're fucking Juventus dammit!!! If you don't agree with our deals then we'll look for other clubs.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #260
    at this point bring back Romagna and there's one youth product for you if you go for Astori type "players".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)