Matthijs de Ligt (78 Viewers)

Aug 2, 2005
Since 2006.. We have never been serious on winning CL..
Just look at Bayern, Barca, Real (except last season whete they were extremely lucky many times) in the seasons they won CL..

You see it in their game,, in the pre match warm up.. in the setup as a team.. in their grinta to win the games

I dont get the same at all from Juve..
The pragmatism syndrome hits you to know your status and if you reach above expectations.. a sense of satisfaction make you do less in the games..
This is what I got from Juve since 2006.. and this is why we are dominant in Italy and not existing in Europe

When De Ligt said he did not feel Juve are serious to win CL..
Off course.. he was in there everyday

When did our management.. coach.. players.. did not hold back to say "we are targeting CL"

It starts by setting a goal "verbally"

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Just look at Bayern, Barca, Real (except last season whete they were extremely lucky many times) in the seasons they won CL..

You see it in their game,, in the pre match warm up.. in the setup as a team.. in their grinta to win the games

The pragmatism syndrome hits you to know your status and if you reach above expectations.. a sense of satisfaction make you do less in the games..
This is what I got from Juve since 2006.. and this is why we are dominant in Italy and not existing in Europe

When did our management.. coach.. players.. did not hold back to say "we are targeting CL"

Nah, not true. After the first allegri final, we did say we were targeting CL. And in the cardiffrun we did look like a team that believed in it. Also in that first half of allegris last season of his first stint.

Aug 2, 2005
That run to Cardiff?
Except barca..
Who did we meet that you dont say we were favorite to proceed or at least had 50/50 chance..

Anyway..
All in all.. still you do not get the vibes that we were not serious about CL since 2006

We are serious about Serie A cause pragmatically we are a favorite.. in CL.. a pragmatic would say.. last 8.. if your reach semis.. overachieved.. if your losing 2-0 in the semis.. a pragmatic does not develop the feeling to fight it back..

This is what this Ass hole MDL is talking about

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
There is a financial benefit to dominating your league which you can project on to CL. Top clubs expect SF in CL because at that stage, you can count luck into the equation. That regular income allows you to build and build so when given the chance, you could win the CL. Its an incremental process of small fixes and watching players mature but a solid business model. You can stay an elite club for many years.

De Ligt purchase is expensive but a small change that won't disrupt the team and so much so that they can bench his ass if he's not performing. We collect shit players and have to play them, hoping that they work and playing them out of position because we didn't get the correct players.

The other CL success option is the Inter method where you go all out like they did with Mourinho. One exceptional CL win then they crumbled for years until 20M a season Conte resurrected them. We tried the Inter model with Ronaldo, then Sarri, then hopeful Pirlo would be the next Guardiola - none of it worked and we're still crumbling.

If you compare to Inter, we're making the same mistakes. They went through a number of managers, good players lost, and big money spent until they got lucky with Conte and Marotta. It's a sign of clueless management.

Look at how Madrid have integrated young players that will eventually take over from the likes of Modric, Kroos and friends. Even Barcelona having only a short downturn but again up there this season. They all have a plan.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Nah, not true. After the first allegri final, we did say we were targeting CL. And in the cardiffrun we did look like a team that believed in it. Also in that first half of allegris last season of his first stint.
That run to Cardiff?
Except barca..
Who did we meet that you dont say we were favorite to proceed or at least had 50/50 chance..

Anyway..
All in all.. still you do not get the vibes that we were not serious about CL since 2006

We are serious about Serie A cause pragmatically we are a favorite.. in CL.. a pragmatic would say.. last 8.. if your reach semis.. overachieved.. if your losing 2-0 in the semis.. a pragmatic does not develop the feeling to fight it back..

This is what this Ass hole MDL is talking about

let's be realistic. people like to say 3-0 barca is thanks to allegri. but really it was thanks to dybala being an absolute monster and a great save from buffon. team played same way they do today. soak pressure and backwards passing.

the rest of the cl games there was the brilliance and performances of dani alves, higuain, and bonucci.

allegri's tactics were same awful stuff

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So if we get to the final it's not an achievement because we were expected to win those games. But when we lose to Ajax or Lyon or FC Huffnpuff it's agagshhshaha sack the club lol.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
So if we get to the final it's not an achievement because we were expected to win those games. But when we lose to Ajax or Lyon or FC Huffnpuff it's agagshhshaha sack the club lol.
When we won, it was in spite of Allegri.
When we lost, it was because of Allegri.

I don't see how that would be confusing for anyone. :boh:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

We literally went and signed Ronaldo for CL.

Why talk about 2006. We sucked under Capello in CL. Outplayed by inferior opponents. Between 2004-2006 we had one of the best squads in europe and we didnt even reach one semi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)