Matthijs de Ligt (25 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
De ligt is probably the best example of how the mental side of the game should always be valued over the physical. Because De Ligt is the ideal centerback physically, like I can’t come up with one flaw. But mentally he’s average. So many clumsy mistakes, just doesn’t read the game very well. And I don’t think it’s something that can really be taught, so his age doesn’t matter too much, he’ll be that same clumsy guy at 30.
He clearly learnt well from Bumucci

Apr 12, 2004
I think it evens out, but the foul on MDL was rough for the penalty, but Kimmich's "foul" in the box was super gay.

- - - Updated - - -

De ligt is probably the best example of how the mental side of the game should always be valued over the physical. Because De Ligt is the ideal centerback physically, like I can’t come up with one flaw. But mentally he’s average. So many clumsy mistakes, just doesn’t read the game very well. And I don’t think it’s something that can really be taught, so his age doesn’t matter too much, he’ll be that same clumsy guy at 30.
He could do with about 25% more quickness, not speed, but quickness, and about 5-7cm more height. He plays like a bigger guy than he is, but I wish he was as tall as Neuer.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I meant in terms of jinxing.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it evens out, but the foul on MDL was rough for the penalty, but Kimmich's "foul" in the box was super gay.

- - - Updated - - -

He could do with about 25% more quickness, not speed, but quickness, and about 5-7cm more height. He plays like a bigger guy than he is, but I wish he was as tall as Neuer.
I agree with you. The ball was going out for a corner before he touched the Stuttgart player and Kimmich went to ground with just the slightest pull in the jersey. For me the situations should have been reversed as well.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
More than mentality he’s just got a really bad knack for getting it wrong in crucial moments.

Apr 12, 2004
You should stick with the "rib removal to suck my own cock" bank account.

Shut the fuck up, you clown ass bastard. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Dog, you've posted twice on a page in a thread about a player that you don't even have the rights to.

Please, do cardio.

Hating on a club that gets at least a trophy a season since you were still in Primary School. Like, bruh. Please. I even took a break here. I founded four companies and went to grad school.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Wait, why are you guys so concerned with him? Now I'm curious.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not angry, at all, but I hope Thiago does well at Liverpool, and I hope Alaba does well at Real. Anyone who knows me knows those are some of my most hated squads.

What is the issue with Matt?

Help me understand.
Forum is peeved cause he made comments about training at Bayern being more intense or something which is funny because its changed the years long running narrative from "Juve players get injured often because physical training is too intense" to "juve players get injured often because physical training is not intense enough" just like that

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Wait, why are you guys so concerned with him? Now I'm curious.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not angry, at all, but I hope Thiago does well at Liverpool, and I hope Alaba does well at Real. Anyone who knows me knows those are some of my most hated squads.

What is the issue with Matt?

Help me understand.
Club spent a fortune on him, paid him huge wages, and he never came close to looking like the generational defender we all thought we were getting. Athletic defender with all the physical tools but reckless with his challenges and a bit braindead with his brainfarts in his own box. And clearly with his comments.

The =Rugani comment was just trolling. Rugani is a disaster.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Forum is peeved cause he made comments about training at Bayern being more intense or something which is funny because its changed the years long running narrative from "Juve players get injured often because physical training is too intense" to "juve players get injured often because physical training is not intense enough" just like that
I dont think the problem was whether the comments were true or not, it was just an utterly classless choice of topic for public discussion from him and Bagelsman.

Apr 12, 2004
I mean, he was on a +1hour post team training session for strength and fitness for 3 weeks before being allowed to start.
Club spent a fortune on him, paid him huge wages, and he never came close to looking like the generational defender we all thought we were getting. Athletic defender with all the physical tools but reckless with his challenges and a bit braindead with his brainfarts in his own box. And clearly with his comments.

The =Rugani comment was just trolling. Rugani is a disaster.
I'm not fucking with you, if you told me Rugani had a chef show I would believe you. The last Italian player I cared about was Pirlo.

What is wrong with his comments? Are they inaccurate? Which comments? Why are they inaccurate?
I dont think the problem was whether the comments were true or not, it was just an utterly classless choice of topic for public discussion from him and Bagelsman.
Why?

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Why a coach randomly dissing other coaches training methods is classless?

Or why is it classless if a player extensively talks about how shit is better in his new team compared to his ex team?

I mean both are rather self explanatory, I'm not sure I have much to add to it. Whether its true or not should not be the only thing you consider before opening your mouth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)