Matthijs de Ligt (29 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It's hard to think you live in the 90s when you don't. The landscape of the game is completely different. For ages Juve wasn't even the most popular club in their city. TV rights drive the bus now, sucking off an aging Ronaldo isn't going to make you world beaters overnight. I don't think Juve has done much WRONG as much as I think they could have done so much better.

- - - Updated - - -

And this also is an issue. It's a team sport. Players make mistakes, sure, but you can't place the failure of many on the actions of the few. Grow up.
This is and always has been a myth.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He sure started running his mouth once he left the country. While he was here buddy was essentially a mute. Where was that energy? Also a defender crying about playing too defensive will never NOT be funny. SAWFT

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Did Kulu have fitness issues at Juve? From what I remember, his issue was making moronic decisions in or near the opponents box over and over again. The open play style of the PL suits him a lot more than the zero space that Serie A defenders will give you, especially if you’re a big team like Juventus.
He looks a lot more agile in Spurs, moved like a 35yo here.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I still think he has a making of a great CB in him. Physically hes really something else. 1 thing I have never liked about him though, he tends to rush forward and leave the backline exposed. We conceded a lot of goals when he would abandon his position. Id rate his time here 6.5/10. Ideally Id pair him with Bremer. Brasilian seems to be more finished product. Those that underestimate Serie a defender of the year award, well MDL never came close to winning it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused I thought Tuz was mad that Juve players train to rigorously, hence the injuries, now we the narrative has flipped because of something Naggelsmann said?
Idc what that pompous prick said but considering the insane amount of injuries we have each season and how fatigued our players look in the 2nd part of season, something is clearly wrong there.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
A ‘murican who hates everything Italian and for some reasons still pretends he’s a Juve fan. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

He was at fault for 3 of their 4 goals :lol:

He’s a good defender, just not yet a great one and was worth nowhere near his transfer fee or wage in his time here.
Yes he is a good defender but I don't get all this "potential" talk as far as warranting such money. Ive never seen anything exceptional as to validate the belief that he will be world class.

Yes time improves some things like pass, shoot, how to dive as a goalkeeper..but even if dollarumma perfects his dive and improves his positioning with time (and to an extent he will) he will reach his ceiling and even if he stands in goal for 40 more years he doesn't have position sense of Buffon, period.
I guess I don't see MDL ceiling worth his wages.
I watch to see great defending same as most watch for great goals and I'd love to have kept this guy but it's a good move no question.
This is WC potential, this is Chiellini at Fiore about to join up and still with less games than MDL.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I still think he has a making of a great CB in him. Physically hes really something else. 1 thing I have never liked about him though, he tends to rush forward and leave the backline exposed. We conceded a lot of goals when he would abandon his position. Id rate his time here 6.5/10. Ideally Id pair him with Bremer. Brasilian seems to be more finished product. Those that underestimate Serie a defender of the year award, well MDL never came close to winning it.

- - - Updated - - -

Idc what that pompous prick said but considering the insane amount of injuries we have each season and how fatigued our players look in the 2nd part of season, something is clearly wrong there.
I think De Ligt from a physical standpoint has everything needed to be not only an elite CB, but the best in the world. Hes big and hes fast and built for the modern game. His technique is pretty solid as well. Where he lacks for me is mentally. I know hes still young but he makes A LOT of errors and I'm not sure about his reading of the game. You'd think that would get better with more experience but I didn't see much development in that area since he arrived. It's almost like hes always reacting; I dont think its a coincidence that his interceptions per game were the lowest among our top 3 CBs.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
so the difference is that it’s not a direct quote? Not sure how that’s relevant.
I wonder if same (lack of fitness) can be said about the United that Evra played and won everything. I’m not really sure super hard training sessions will translate into more fitness later in the season. Most of the complaints here were that our training sessions are so focused on running and fitness that causes many injuries early in the season. MDL’s indirect quote is completely against that.
He (De Ligt) is not saying for the likes or to kick up a shit storm or as a dig at us. Its Bayern's coach saying it and giving it credibility.

Your comment was
Is it fashionable for players who move to a club to talk about how the new training sessions are hard?
I am saying he didn't speak to media and isnt doing anything fashionable or Evra-like. It's the coach basically telling the public his fitness sucks.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think De Ligt from a physical standpoint has everything needed to be not only an elite CB, but the best in the world. Hes big and hes fast and built for the modern game. His technique is pretty solid as well. Where he lacks for me is mentally. I know hes still young but he makes A LOT of errors and I'm not sure about his reading of the game. You'd think that would get better with more experience but I didn't see much development in that area since he arrived. It's almost like hes always reacting; I dont think its a coincidence that his interceptions per game were the lowest among our top 3 CBs.
He spent 3 years training and playing with Chiellini, but he has shown 0 improvement when it comes to mental aspect of his game. I think he will always be reactionary defender but as long as he can make it up with his physique, he will remain highly rated. But it will affect his longevity.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Currently there are tons of CBs who are big, fast and even agile, the difference between the WCs ones and good CBs is always mental aspect, tactical and defensive awareness and grinta. I dont really see de Ligt having any of this on the WC atm. He is just more experienced that most of them.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
This guy haha , he can’t get over the fact he was outperformed by 36/7 y old Chiellini , and even freaking Bonucci .

So he is looking for excuses, my man , it didn’t work it’s okay , no need to find excuses, you’re one of the guys who should be blamed for our poor results.

Okay let’s assume Juve are average,shitty football etc … , but what happened with your national team ? Ake,De Vrij,Van Dijk were higher on picking order , maybe because your performance cost them euros ? Why don’t you blame Juve for this too ?

Kinda glad he’s gone , i hate when footballers complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)