Matthijs de Ligt (49 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Kahn could've chosen his words more wisely. But I'm pretty sure Juve have given the approval for it.

Just a few days ago Allegri himself said Bayern and Juve were in talks about de Ligt.

With that said, I was never a fan of talking about players from other clubs. I don't want us to turn into a new Barcelona in that sense.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Kahn could've chosen his words more wisely. But I'm pretty sure Juve have given the approval for it.

Just a few days ago Allegri himself said Bayern and Juve were in talks about de Ligt.

With that said, I was never a fan of talking about players from other clubs. I don't want us to turn into a new Barcelona in that sense.
Saying openly that our players wish is to join them is putting pressure on us. Im pretty sure Juve board will be furious after thath interview. Dont understand why he did it, but it definitely wont help the negiotiations.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Cant wait for this saga finally over whatever the outcome so we can go to next step in rebuilding and balance the squad so Allegri dont have any excuse if he fail to deliver this season. Winning Serie A is a must, and go further in UCLat least semifinal is the target if we do a succesful mercato

Oct 23, 2011

Nonsense. I bet this is common practice for them in the Bundesliga where other teams crumble under the pressure when Bayern comes knocking.

This is just an attempt to gain the upper hand in the negotiations and pressure us into selling because of the player’s demand.

Luckily our management doesn’t operate that way - we set a price and you meet it otherwise there won’t be a deal.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Jesus, how depressing is it that we can’t keep our best players from going to the Bundesliga?

I’m old enough to remember when we poached Robert Kovac from Bayern in 2005. Bayern management went crazy and called us mafiosos with an unfair TV deal (back when Serie A clubs sold their TV rights individually). How the times have changed…

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

What Allegri said was that he’s aware that there was a meeting but De Ligt is still a Juve player. That’s what Kahn should’ve said.
It’s pretty funny that you are “sure” that Juve directors gave approval. If they did then they are not fit to run a kindergarten.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Jesus, how depressing is it that we can’t keep our best players from going to the Bundesliga?

I’m old enough to remember when we poached Robert Kovac from Bayern in 2005. Bayern management went crazy and called us mafiosos with an unfair TV deal (back when Serie A clubs sold their TV rights individually). How the times have changed…
And that was a 31 year old Kovac on the decline mind you, not a 22 year old entering his prime in the next few years.

However, as things stand, Bayern are a better club than we are, so it's not like we are losing De Ligt to Leverkusen or Dortmund. Bayern are a top 5 club in world football, and we aren't even top 3 in Italy.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
This is what happens when you say we can't force players to stay if they want to leave. Sorry you can, there is a contract and there is a clause. De Ligt will never get the salary Bayern are offering if he stays next two years on bench. Juve is not a serious club at all.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
This is what happens when you say we can't force players to stay if they want to leave. Sorry you can, there is a contract and there is a clause. De Ligt will never get the salary Bayern are offering if he stays next two years on bench. Juve is not a serious club at all.
Could Liverpool do it with Sadio Mane or Bayern with Lewandowski? De Ligt would always leave either this season or next season we are not psg to offer huge wages so that a player stays.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
So you prefer we lose 80mln just so you can feel like a serious club?

Were Real Madrid a serious club when Varane wanted to leave?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So you prefer we lose 80mln just so you can feel like a serious club?

Were Real Madrid a serious club when Varane wanted to leave?
Ronaldo forced his way out of United and Madrid. So many examples of this. This “serious club” bs is so funny. If a player is pushing to leave and does not want to be here whatsoever, you sell ASAP.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
No, you can't and every respectable team in the world has acknowledged this at some point. It's not FM.

We're in disarray financially because of Tici's reign. So if we can sell De Ligt for a pretty decent profit and get rid of his high wages, that's a good deal if we can replace him with another decent defender.

It sucks because he'll soon be one of the best in the world in his role but we're not in a spot to give him what he can earn elsewhere. Simple as that.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
F674A3EC-F59D-4D27-8A4C-1181DBBB7034.jpeg
This is the moment he signed the contract. In very same contract there is a clause. Becauase of these contracts we couldnt get rid of Rugani, MDS, Ramsey and some other players. It should go both ways.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I have zero doubt that he is going to best defender in the world at some point in the future. It is an absolute kick in groin that it won’t be in our colours.

I don’t blame him for leaving though. The team he joined has gone to absolute shit in the last 3 years. I never expected him to be a Juve lifee, but kinda hoped he would he stay longer.

Oh well. Atleast we have Gatti, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)