Matthijs de Ligt (54 Viewers)

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Would be great if this happens. Would allow us to focus on strengthening other areas and perhaps sell him next year for what we demand currently.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Did not deliver, costs too much
Meh - most of our team underdelivered the last 2-3 years. Don't mind selling IF we had someone in the pipeline to replace him. Definitely not OK selling when we would be left with Rugani & Bonucci and no replacement(s).

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, I'd prefer NOT to sell. Would rather get him a good partner and give him another year.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Meh - most of our team underdelivered the last 2-3 years. Don't mind selling IF we had someone in the pipeline to replace him. Definitely not OK selling when we would be left with Rugani & Bonucci and no replacement(s).

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, I'd prefer NOT to sell. Would rather get him a good partner and give him another year.
How do you know what's in the pipeline? Definitely 100% for selling a player who gets paid the most doesn't shoulder any responsability for team underperforming and has the nerve to ask for a raise.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
How do you know what's in the pipeline? Definitely 100% for selling a player who gets paid the most doesn't shoulder any responsability for team underperforming and has the nerve to ask for a raise.
No one knows what's in the pipeline but we definitely shouldn't be selling our best CB without a proper replacement. That's asking for trouble

- - - Updated - - -

We thought we are signing Ronaldo of defenders not a regular good defender which are many in the league already
Still our best defender. If this club thinks we can upgrade then they better deliver. Our backline is in tatters right now.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I have a very different perspective. I would love we build our team with guys like MDL, Chiesa and Vlahovic as our main structure and keep adding players like that every year and not just “markets opportunities” as we always try to pursue. Yeah I know we are broke now and has too many deadwoods but still

Our MF was so horrible and our defense so weak that even Max struggle a lot, he made a lot of mistakes last season.

MDL has been going through the same, many times he tried to cover every hole he could in our defense and MF by pushing and pressing harder that he should. When you add that to how Ref has been doing monkey business against us since Matt arrove here it was a bad mix indeed (at least half of his penalties were too soft-questionable) Anyway. Time will tell if he shines in a proper team or not

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I've a feeling we will watch him play at a high level for 10 years + going on to win many titles at another club while whoever we chose to spend his transfer fee on on will be forgotten in a less than a couple of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)