Matthijs de Ligt (19 Viewers)

Drew

Jan 18, 2022
While in Seria A, there were different clubs that won the scudetto (Inter and Milan) in the last seasons, in Bundesliga you know from the start the winner... for the next 30 years. The best thing that happened to Bundesliga was Klopp. He was the one that made the league more interesting with his Dortmund team (what a great team back then) and competitive. When he left for Liverpool, Bayern took whole control again and made the league what it is right now... a boring one to watch. That is just my opinion, no hard feelings.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
If they don’t pay up or we can’t find an adequate replacement let him stay. It’s his agent who negotiated a release clause he can’t expect to be sold for half this number after being the best paid player in the whole league.

Let him stay, at least we would find out what Gatti is made of, monitor De Winter with Empoli for a full season and we have a whole year to secure his replacement.

I would try to get rid of Rugani though and sign Milenkovic.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
While in Seria A, there were different clubs that won the scudetto (Inter and Milan) in the last seasons, in Bundesliga you know from the start the winner... for the next 30 years. The best thing that happened to Bundesliga was Klopp. He was the one that made the league more interesting with his Dortmund team (what a great team back then) and competitive. When he left for Liverpool, Bayern took whole control again and made the league what it is right now... a boring one to watch. That is just my opinion, no hard feelings.
If my team isn't involved, I couldn't care less who wins any league. Whether Liverpool wins the league for 20 years or 20 different winners in 20 years, if I'm a Wolverhampton fan or a JJ fan or Valencia fan it doesn't concern me. I am composing this toast, completely unaware who won the EPL last season and I care so little that I won't invest 2 seconds to google.

German football is more about supporting your local team and it's rightfully completely boring to foreigners, almost by design because people reject all steps towards lifting the 50+1 rule. Infact it's the Bayern who would be hurt most, are shilling to lift it

Since the dutch are culturally very close, the Bundesliga has a certain pull over MdL

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I will accept no less than 90 million, even if Bayern pay that in 50m upfront with 40m (or 60+30, 65+25 whatever) in installment. that is still total of sum for 90m. just no player exchange so we can both move to another phase of our mercato to balance the squad after De Ligt departure

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I will accept no less than 90 million, even if Bayern pay that in 50m upfront with 40m (or 60+30, 65+25 whatever) in installment. that is still total of sum for 90m. just no player exchange so we can both move to another phase of our mercato to balance the squad after De Ligt departure
I would take money and Pavard in heartbeat. We do need to reinforce RB so Cuadrado plays in attack.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Everyone here knows De Ligt isn't worth 90m.

If we get 80, or even 75+ bonuses it's a good deal. And we get rid of his salary which he hasn't lived up to.

With only Bayern interested and no PL clubs or PSG in the picture we aren't getting low balled, it's a reasonable price.

Playing hardball making him stay only to further half his value and overpay the guy for another year...For what? Just sell now.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I would take money and Pavard in heartbeat. We do need to reinforce RB so Cuadrado plays in attack.
Rb is not a priority given that on the role we have Cuadrado,Danilo and De Sciglio
We need a Winger or CB or a mid like Pogba

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone here knows De Ligt isn't worth 90m.

If we get 80, or even 75+ bonuses it's a good deal. And we get rid of his salary which he hasn't lived up to.

With only Bayern interested and no PL clubs or PSG in the picture we aren't getting low balled, it's a reasonable price.

Playing hardball making him stay only to further half his value and overpay the guy for another year...For what? Just sell now.
yeah find me another 22yrs old like De Ligt around that hasn't a 70m price tag

- - - Updated - - -

these are De Ligt co-agers 18-24yrs old.
Find me someone who is as strong as him.
As Old as him
and with his experience club+national wise

You're selling the best young cb around.
And even with those older than him he conmfy top10

- - - Updated - - -

if he wasn't the one wanting to leave cause we suck I would never sell De Ligt for any price.
I would make him our new Chiellini till he retires.

Attachments

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
A relelase clause is rarely a benchmark for a player. Whenever Barca sets a release clause at 200-300 mio euros on their players, does it also mean they're worth that? Of course not.

For context, Barcelona and La liga at whole are contractually obligated to have release clauses on all player contracts. Especially for domestic players. Proportional levels to it. The higher you raise their salary, the higher you can make their clauses. Hence why most quality players have insane high ones. And mid level clubs with lower salaries all have affordable clauses (Villareal, Valencia, Betis, Bilbao etc).

Only PSG and Neymar were crazy enough to activate one of the blockbuster clauses. And they did it by skirting the rules big time

So its nothing like optional release clauses of most other leagues, where there they indeed negotiate it in a way they see it as something close to the ceiling of the players value. And not just obligated by Spanish contracts law.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
oh and for those

6mmyil.jpg

Most valuable Central Defender in the world right now.

Some shitty player like Maguire got sold for 85m and someone saying he isn't worthy of that?!?
you deserve Bonuccil till pension.
Bayern paid 80m for Hernandez at a similar age (you can even argue he was less experienced than De Ligt at that age). No reason why we should be paid less.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
:agree:

If Maguire is worth 85 mill then de Ligt is easily worth more than 100 mill
Why the need to sell him if there are no appropriate offers and anyways he has two years on his contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Bayern paid 80m for Hernandez at a similar age (you can even argue he was less experienced than De Ligt at that age). No reason why we should be paid less.
It is the same hands tied approach against the German mafia club.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
oh and for those

6mmyil.jpg

Most valuable Central Defender in the world right now.

Some shitty player like Maguire got sold for 85m and someone saying he isn't worthy of that?!?
you deserve Bonuccil till pension.
Did you even read my post? I wrote with Bayern being the only suitor and no other PL clubs or PSG, 80m is a decent price for a guy who wants to leave and is overpaid here.

If United, a known overpayer was after MDL we should have demanded 100m yes, but that's not the case. Leicester also benefited from a bidding war between two giga rich clubs in City and United for Maguire. He was British and came off a strong world cup. Maguire was a huge mistake in hindsight, but that was completely different to this case.

There is no bidding war for MDL nor is he British or coming off a particularly great season. And the guy wants to leave.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Did you even read my post? I wrote with Bayern being the only suitor and no other PL clubs or PSG, 80m is a decent price for a guy who wants to leave and is overpaid here.

If United, a known overpayer was after MDL we should have demanded 100m yes, but that's not the case. Leicester also benefited from a bidding war between two giga rich clubs in City and United for Maguire. He was British and came off a strong world cup. Maguire was a huge mistake in hindsight, but that was completely different to this case.

There is no bidding war for MDL nor is he British or coming off a particularly great season. And the guy wants to leave.
Chelsea was also in the run but it seems De Ligt prefere Bayern for some weird reasons.
But anyhow so you'd sell to the only one offering simply cause? it's not like he is going to be on last year of contract.
His contract run till summer 2024.
So we can happly reject idiotic offers and go on one more year trying to renew and maybe if he still wanna leave see if there is more interest next summer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)