Matthijs de Ligt (32 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
It is not when the release clause is 120. The discount comes from mdls wish to get out of italy but still you cannot have a 40% discount just because a player isnt happy.
A relelase clause is rarely a benchmark for a player. Whenever Barca sets a release clause at 200-300 mio euros on their players, does it also mean they're worth that? Of course not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
To me, teams from a true farmers league doesn't win compete for or win European Cups, hence I think it's rubbish to call the Bundesliga a farmers league. I get that it ain't the most competitive league out there, thats definitely true.

But in a true farmers league, the quality of the game is very low and poor.
Calling buli a farmers league in a juventus forum. Lol

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
A relelase clause is rarely a benchmark for a player. Whenever Barca sets a release clause at 200-300 mio euros on their players, does it also mean they're worth that? Of course not.
But its 120 not 300. Payable. Why set in then? Just to angry the player/agent? If you cannot use it.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
To me, teams from a true farmers league doesn't win or compete for European Cups, hence I think it's rubbish to call the Bundesliga a farmers league. I get that it ain't the most competitive league out there, thats definitely true.

But in a true farmers league, the quality of the game is very low and poor.
The quality of the Scottish league is definitely very low and poor. Rangers only lost to Frankfurt on penalties in the final and were a wonder save away from winning it late on in extra time.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
The quality of the Scottish league is definitely very low and poor. Rangers only lost to Frankfurt on penalties in the final and were a wonder save away from winning it late on in extra time.
Rangers reaching the final is also something you won't expect and happens more due to other factors.

A team from Germany reaching a European final is something you can expect, even if they're not among the favorites in todays football.

Frankfurt were milimeters away from the final in 2019, this year it could've been an all German final as Leipzig were the other team in the semis.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Rangers reaching the final is also something you won't expect and happens more due to other factors.

A team from Germany reaching a European final is something you can expect, even if they're not among the favorites in todays football.

Frankfurt were milimeters away from the final in 2019, this year it could've been an all German final as Leipzig were the other team in the semis.
Rangers got further than any German team in the 2020/21 EL (none made it to the round of 16).

I'm not saying that takes anything away from the bundesliga, just that the EL is not a good benchmark in quality. Lots of sides don't take it seriously until the later stages.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Rangers got further than any German team in the 2020/21 EL (none made it to the round of 16).

I'm not saying that takes anything away from the bundesliga, just that the EL is not a good benchmark in quality. Lots of sides don't take it seriously until the later stages.
The EL is not a good benchmark indeed, but it's still a European trophy though.

And imo, no true farmers league teams wins European trophies.

- - - Updated - - -

They have better stadia but their product is boring as fuck, i have never met anyone who follows the german league
Where are you from?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Alessandria, i live right across from the gagliaudo statue, come over for coffee
So you're Italian or? Thanks for the invite :)

Truth be told, I think Bayern is 80% of the Bundesliga coverage, Dortmund makes up the rest together with Schalke, Gladbach, Frankfurt and who else is doing well in recent times.

I think we had this talk before, but I guess it depends where you're from. I only met one Serie A club fan in my life and that's my friend. All others here are either following the big PL teams, Barca and to a lesser extend Real and else it's Bayern.

Scandinavians are typically huge fans of English football, especially Liverpool seems to very popular.

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
Putting a release clause in a player's contract is mandatory in La Liga.That's why after the case of Neymar, La Liga teams choose unrealistic and very high numbers to prevent something like Neymar case again. But in other leagues, the release clause is not mandatory and the number is chosen according to the agreement of the player and the club and it is almost a realistic number.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
So you're Italian or? Thanks for the invite :)

Truth be told, I think Bayern is 80% of the Bundesliga coverage, Dortmund makes up the rest together with Schalke, Gladbach, Frankfurt and who else is doing well in recent times.

I think we had this talk before, but I guess it depends where you're from. I only met one Serie A club fan in my life and that's my friend. All others here are either following the big PL teams, Barca and to a lesser extend Real and else it's Bayern.

Scandinavians are typically huge fans of English football, especially Liverpool seems to very popular.
I'm just messing with you bro, but glad you are part of the forum

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
They have better stadia but their product is boring as fuck, i have never met anyone who follows the german league
Only person I know who follows the Bundesliga became a soccer fan out of the blue, decided his family's 5% German heritage from 100 years ago makes him half German, looked at the Bundesliga to determine who was the best, and he became a diehard Bayern fan.

And he's like insanely diehard which I always found a little funny.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Honestly, I’ve never seen a sporting director travel to present an offer, but maybe that’s me. He could have picked up the phone and their ridiculous offer would have been rejected on the spot.
Maybe he met with mdl too. And had other businesses. Something like a smokescreen for a milan player who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Putting a release clause in a player's contract is mandatory in La Liga.That's why after the case of Neymar, La Liga teams choose unrealistic and very high numbers to prevent something like Neymar case again. But in other leagues, the release clause is not mandatory and the number is chosen according to the agreement of the player and the club and it is almost a realistic number.
Even before neymar remember the release clauses at barca.. i remember bojans was 150+

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Bundesliga isn’t farmers league, even if that’s the case , Bayern still better than every Italian / Spanish / England / French team except : Real , City , L’Pool and maybe maybe PSG .

Bayer is top team no doubt about it , but that doesn’t mean shit , we should ask at least 80m guaranteed and he (De Ligt) can fuck off .

Do I think De Ligt is worth 80m , nah I don’t think , we overpaid for him , but he has hype , is young so we can get 80m , I would sell to highest bidder , who cares about his wish, I’m sure he would accept EPL teams too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)