Matthijs de Ligt (82 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
True, but you get my point

World class strikers are very rare to find/buy. And when you finally have one, you're of course reluctant to let them go easily.

Imo we should let him go, mostly because I think the bridges are burned.

Lets hope Juve and Bayern can agree on a good price for both, 60 mio is of course too low from us I fully agree.
Actually I don’t. That comparison is apples and oranges. 2 very different cases that you like to bring into the conversation.
We sold CR7 for 15m last year. That’s a more similar example to Lewa’s situation.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Oh hes definitely going to be committed if he wants to get paid. We have a lot of leverage, raiola is no more and that has to create a lot of doubt in de ligts mind and we gotta capitalize on that. The club needs a good mix of economic and sportive objective, we have to make a statement.
He doesn't have to be committed, he just has to turn up and do the minimum. Otherwise you can't sack a player, and it's not like we are going to write off €75m. I'm not suggesting he is unprofessional as I'm certain he isn't, but you don't see a player excel if they aren't happy. And what would be even worse is if he does excel next season and still wants to leave and we lose a top class defender for half of what we could this season.

I like the idea of trying to push him along with us as he has so much potential, but I never saw him staying for long and it's always going to be a question of when not if he leaves. What concerns me most is negotiating in an increasingly weak position for our most valuable asset, he either goes now or he commits.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Actually I don’t. That comparison is apples and oranges. 2 very different cases that you like to bring into the conversation.
We sold CR7 for 15m last year. That’s a more similar example to Lewa’s situation.
To me it ain't that different really, but lets agree to disagree.

Maybe Bayern are greedy? :boh:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If we cant sell him for full price this summer keep him, dont give Bayern a discount with 2 years on de Ligts contract. If they want to pay less, lets wait a year and see if anyone can outbid them
I'm certain teams like Etihad FC, Chelshit, and even the Red Cunts of Manc can pay more, but the question is whether De Ligt will go there?! :boh: :b81:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
To me it ain't that different really, but lets agree to disagree.

Maybe Bayern are greedy? :boh:
the only similarity is that they want out. It ends there. But of course you’re free to disagree to anything you want.
Greedy is not the word I’d use. They can do whatever they want. It’s our management’s duty to seek what’s best.

- - - Updated - - -

That was later on I believe. He wanted to go Chelsea but we refused the offer
I still remember the game after his contract extension. It was a home game against Roma and he played like prime Cafu. Sadly it was only for that one game.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
70 + 10 bonus :klin:

Nah to be serious, 75+10 is a fair deal imo
I'm good at negotiating. I will take Salihamidget for some Cevapi and Burek and make him drink copious amounts of Dunjevača and Žilavka. If he doesn't agree to my terms after that, I will bring a broom from the taverna kitchen and ram it up his poop chute until he acquiesces to Juve's demands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)