Matthijs de Ligt (62 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
We need a replacement though. KK seems unlikely tbh. Then only Bremer remains.

In a perfect world we'd get Bremer for 30m with 3m net wages but hey, for some reason it just won't happen.
I dont really trust Bremer as our starting CB - playing 4atb and 3 atb is completely different and there were too many cases of players who shined with 3atb to look awful in 4 atb. He might be good option, but his price is 40m - thats what Torino demands from Inter, so he isnt really cheap too, but lets see. There are really no alternatives to KK and Bremer, but maybe we will be suprised. I dont believe this Gabriel rumours one bit, it will be someone different, maybe that Badiashile guy as we were reported to be following him for few years, but he looks to raw still.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Remember when De Ligt-Demiral was supposed to be our backline for the next decade? One year later and they are both gone.

I hate the fact that we cant attach ourselves to players anymore, because you know they could be gone at any moment.

Makes it harder to stay connected with the club like before with older generations.

Chiesa, Vlahovic and Locatelli seem like they could stay for a longer period though.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Remember when De Ligt-Demiral was supposed to be our backline for the next decade? One year later and they are both gone.

I hate the fact that we cant attach ourselves to players anymore, because you know they could be gone at any moment.

Makes it harder to stay connected with the club like before with older generations.

Chiesa, Vlahovic and Locatelli seem like they could stay for a longer period though.
Add Romero to that list, but on the other hand u have Rugani case where we could sell him when he was still considered a top talent, but got attached to him and look how it turned out. Bad decisions but every club make those, look at Chelsea for example. I hope we won't do that mistake though with our current trio of young and promising midfielders.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
De Ligt is overrated AF. I don´t care what he did at Ajax, as a Juve fan he never impressed me here. Poor body control, lacks pace, inconsistent and slow at building up from the back. Too often an accident waiting to happen, I never trusted him in big games. Yes he had his 5-6 game spans were he was solid, but to label this guy world class is just laughable.

If we get 80m for him it´s a good deal and we trim the wage bill as well.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
De Ligt is overrated AF. I don´t care what he did at Ajax, as a Juve fan he never impressed me here. Poor body control, lacks pace, inconsistent and slow at building up from the back. Too often an accident waiting to happen, I never trusted him in big games. Yes he had his 5-6 game spans were he was solid, but to label this guy world class is just laughable.

If we get 80m for him it´s a good deal and we trim the wage bill as well.
What ?

He is just a 22 years old .... still has huge potential ahead of him ... learned alot of being with the best .... at least took notes ...

DL is a loss for us and will be a bigger one if his replacement is not good enough

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
De Ligt is an absolute beast for his age and his ceiling is crazy high. Not to mention the leadership qualities he already possesses and the fact he already captained Ajax at such a young age.

Defenders usually take alot longer to mature.

Barzagli was already 29 when he joined Juventus (for £300,000) and eventually matured into a world class player and stayed world class well into his 30s.

De Ligt iirc was 19 when he joined Juve and people were already expecting prime Maldini fucksake.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
De Ligt is an absolute beast for his age and his ceiling is crazy high. Not to mention the leadership qualities he already possesses and the fact he already captained Ajax at such a young age.

Barzagli was already 29 when he joined Juventus (for £300,000) and eventually matured into a world class player and stayed world class well into his 30s.

De Ligt iirc was 19 when he joined Juve and people were already expecting prime Maldini fucksake.
That’s the problem, he is getting paid like he was prime Maldini , but isn’t performing like one .

And let’s be honest he was outperformed by Skriniar,Chiellini,De Vrij,Koulibaly last 3 years , even Tomori,Bastoni had better season.

If he was getting paid 4m i would be okay with his performances , yes he is young but that doesn’t guarantee absolutely nothing,myabe he won’t progress.

We can’t gamble, you can sell him for 80m this season or you sell him for 40m next year if he can perform well , or even less if he doesn’t.

Don’t forget , he is highest paid player in the league, ofc we should ask for better performances .

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Again, defenders don't win you games. Unless you've been living under a rock, teams defend as a unit now. It's all about systems and functioning as a unit. There are no more defenders in the mould of Cannavaro, Nesta, Chiellini, Baresi or Maldini. De Ligt is a very good young defender. Is he great? Definitely not, and perhaps he never will be.

Is he going to be a loss? Yes, but not as much as some of you might think. We just need to invest the money from his sale wisely to make our team a better unit. No BS Parepiss from PSG, no Fagjinho and no Plumberson. Those are the types of signings that set you back years.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Again, defenders don't win you games. Unless you've been living under a rock, teams defend as a unit now. It's all about systems and functioning as a unit. There are no more defenders in the mould of Cannavaro, Nesta, Chiellini, Baresi or Maldini. De Ligt is a very good young defender. Is he great? Definitely not, and perhaps he never will be.

Is he going to be a loss? Yes, but not as much as some of you might think. We just need to invest the money from his sale wisely to make our team a better unit. No BS Parepiss from PSG, no Fagjinho and no Plumberson. Those are the types of signings that set you back years.
Yeah they don't win you games but they certainly lose you games or make you draw games.
Shades of de ligt positional play on Villarreal's goal in Spain.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

Was prime Maldini a top3 earner in the league?

If you command a transfer fee and salary that de Ligt did, of course people expect him to be WC right away.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Was prime Maldini a top3 earner in the league?

If you command a transfer fee and salary that de Ligt did, of course people expect him to be WC right away.
Did we not compete with Barcelona to acquire De Ligt? And teams looking to sign De Ligt are offering about same salary as he has at Juve. You’re just butthurt. For him leaving

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)