Matthijs de Ligt (55 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
His sale almost guarantees we push hard for Bremer I think.

With the prolonged negotiations of Bremer for Inter and the changes to their wage bill in taking Lukaku (who I don't think they planned for), us becoming flush with cash means we will push for the best we can get and Bremer still being available is part of that. I think Inter is still working on a sale of a defender before Bremer is finalized and so Bremer is in a holding pattern for them until they sell.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
His sale almost guarantees we push hard for Bremer I think.

With the prolonged negotiations of Bremer for Inter and the changes to their wage will in taking Lukaku (who I don't think they planned for), us becoming flush with cash means we will push for the best we can get and Bremer still being available is part of that. I think Inter is still working on a sale of a defender before Bremer is finalized and so Bremer is in a holding pattern for them until they sell.
Bremer is my dream, with Koulibaly 1b. If you can get one of them and still have left over cash for another fairly significant signing, that's sick.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Kinda worried about this.

His sale leaves us with Bonucci, Rguani and Gatti at CB? :scared:
I dont have any doubt that we'll find an okay replacement for half the cost, plenty of CBs out there that can do the job if theres a functioning midfield.

Imo a much more real problem right now is we havent managed to move out any of Rabiot, Ramsey, Arthur, Sandro yet or raise funds through Pellegrini, Vrioni, Rovella/Miretti/Fagioli and the likes. We need space on the wage bill and cash for further winger / midfield signings. Thats the hard part of the mercato and so far it doesnt look good.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I dont have any doubt that we'll find an okay replacement for half the cost, plenty of CBs out there that can do the job if theres a functioning midfield.

Imo a much more real problem right now is we havent managed to move out any of Rabiot, Ramsey, Arthur, Sandro yet or raise funds through Pellegrini, Vrioni, Rovella/Miretti/Fagioli and the likes. We need space on the wage bill and cash for further winger / midfield signings. Thats the hard part of the mercato and so far it doesnt look good.
Mercato hasn't even opened yet.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Maybe a somewhat controversial suggestion, but in the case where we do accept a player as part of the exchange for MDL from Chelsea , why aren’t we more interested in Ziyech?He can play in multiple positions, good passing/crossing/free kicks, and has better vision than anyone we have..
Honestly, outside of Mason Mount, Reece James and Kante…not that many players at Chelsea that interest me.

May 26, 2016
I dont believe they would sell him until they had his replacement lined up. And I also dont believe that player is already on the roster.
If they are that stupid then i really dont know what to say. Surely they have a plan for someone to fill in with similar quality. As for Jorginho idk man: similar player type to Arthur: do we really want that? He was really good in Euros, after that i have to admit i havent followed him much. Got absolutely dominated against Argentina, dont know if that is relevant or not

Last edited:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I really like De Ligt and I'm sure most of us do. But we need the money. Unfortunately, we have a rather unenviable history of getting other teams' garbage instead of investing the money wisely. Unless we get Koulibaly and/or Bremmer, forget about selling De Ligt.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Bremer seems very highly rated here. I haven’t watched enough of Torino to form an opinion, but why is he still uncapped for Brazil? Not even at junior level?

Has he just gone under the radar by not playing for a big team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Bremer seems very highly rated here. I haven’t watched enough of Torino to form an opinion, but why is he still uncapped for Brazil? Not even at junior level?

Has he just gone under the radar by not playing for a big team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He didn't become a full time starter for Torino until last season, and his true breakout didn't come until this past one. I've said it here before though, I rate him as one of the 5 best CBs in Europe. As for the NT who knows, but even Militao isnt a full time starter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)