Matthijs de Ligt (40 Viewers)

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
It is very important to sell players on right time.This year is the only opportunity we can get about 100m for him. If he extends, he is going to reduce his release clause to 70-80m and if he doesn't renew, he will enter the last year of his contract next year and his value will be around 40,50m. So if Chelsea really wants him now, this is the best opportunity to sell him. also Keep in mind that De Light definitely will leave Juventus at some point and is not a player who wants to stay here forever.

We made this mistake before with Sandro or even Dybala. Selling players is not always a bad thing, the most important thing is to invest right after that.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We overpaid for this guy for sure , but we can't blame management here , he was 19 y old most wanted CB across europe , but tbh he didn't live his hype , i thought he would do way better , he is talented for sure , and he might be world class one day but he isn't there yet , but we are paying him alot , Juve can't afford this , if somehow we can lower his salary i would be totally okay with him staying , i really think he has potential to be world class .

Last 3 years i can name alot of CBs in serie a who were better than him , starting from Chiellini,Koulibaly,De Vrij,Skriniar , last year Bremer,Tomori,Bastoni all perfromed better than De Ligt .

If he stays i'm okay with that , but if we sell for 75-80mln E i would be happy , specially if we get one of Koulibaly / Bremer .

EDIT : We should not accept that shitty offer from Chelsea , fuck Werner .
it's important to note every single defender you mentioned is better than him is also older than him by a significant amount of years. only bastoni is one year older.

age matters for cbs a lot.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
it's important to note every single defender you mentioned is better than him is also older than him by a significant amount of years. only bastoni is one year older.

age matters for cbs a lot.
Yeah i agree 100% with this , CBs usually peak later , but can Juve afford to wait another 3-4 years while paying him (10-12mlnE/y) to be world class ? (And none can guarantee this , even though he has the talent to be W.C)

If his salary would be around 3-4mln E i wouldn't have any problem with this guy , but he has biggest salary in Serie a.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah i agree 100% with this , CBs usually peak later , but can Juve afford to wait another 3-4 years while paying him (10-12mlnE/y) to be world class ? If his salary would be around 3-4mln E i wouldn't have any problem with this guy , but he has biggest salary in Serie a.
my worry is who do you replace him with? it's already a problem replacing 1 cb in chiellini, but bonucci is also not same as before...

so say you move danilo into cb since he proved he can work there fine, now you have 1 cb and 1 rb problem. if you keep danilo as rb then you have 1 cb problem

this is a tough position to be in for allegri.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
my worry is who do you replace him with? it's already a problem replacing 1 cb in chiellini, but bonucci is also not same as before...

so say you move danilo into cb since he proved he can work there fine, now you have 1 cb and 1 rb problem. if you keep danilo as rb then you have 1 cb problem

this is a tough position to be in for allegri.
If he does renew i would keep him for at least another year , but if he refuses we MUST sell him , so we avoid another Dybala/Berna case .

TBH i didn't watch single Torino match , but Bremer looked great against Juve , and my 1st choice would be Koulibaly .

Rudiger was my 1st choice but to bad he chose Madrid .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He's still got 2 years left on his contract.

If we don't get a huge bid we shouldn't feel forced to sell this summer. Clubs still get decent fees with 1 year left to run.
Key here would be that Juventus probably doesn’t want to settle for a transfer fee that is only decent and likely wants to rather maximize on it, waiting another year with the player refusing or delaying to renew could result in mostly everyone out there lowballing their next offers further and further down with each mercatto window that goes by.

I sure hope that we do have somewhat of a solid plan in place to revamp and fix the defense from it’s core because that’s what will need to happen if he does eventually leave.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Key here would be that Juventus probably doesn’t want to settle for a transfer fee that is only decent and likely wants to rather maximize on it, waiting another year with the player refusing or delaying to renew could result in mostly everyone out there lowballing their next offers further and further down with each mercatto window that goes by.

I sure hope that we do have somewhat of a solid plan in place to revamp and fix the defense from it’s core because that’s what will need to happen if he does eventually leave.
No plan

but we do have a project

:agnelli:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017

That was my thought, what $$$ equals decent? If not sold now believe 60-70m most Juve gets next season and not decent for me if 90m can be had now. And everyone will be lowballing next year.

This is what I posted a little over a week ago and still believe only way to go for Juve to win financially.
Agree and I would negotiate 90M right now and move on. If everyone in the soccer world knows he's eventually leaving, the the clause will only go down further as time passes. All it appears MDL and his crew are concerned about is lowering the release to get a new contract. Hey, dude no excitement coming out of your mouth about regaining the scudetto? Management can't seem to get more right than wrong so do it now while the irons are hot. Like MDL but appears his head has already left Turin.
Look at these couple articles from last two years. Plenty of crap gets written by journalists but we know the smoke and fire saying.
https://www.besoccer.com/new/de-ligt-denies-he-wants-to-leave-juventus-843469
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/footb...matthijs-de-ligt-juventus-transfer-barcelona/
https://www.eurosport.com/football/...a-interest-paper-round_sto8680158/story.shtml

Did anyone really expect him to be a Juve lifer? We overpaid his salary for his age/position and he's looking to find a way not to have it lowered. Usually being transferred equates to a bigger salary. Though for MDL getting a contract that equals his present salary is probably the best he can do and it ain't in Turin. Plus being so young the contract after this one with Chelsea, MU, ??? can/could/should be the monster one.

MDL can say all he wants about giving his all this season if not transferred (and he will at some point if asked) but don't need even a player of his high standard having this in the back of his mind. It's only human nature. And fuck, get 90m and spend it all on two solid backliners like Bremer and who knows if Kouli changes his mind. We keep him and we're only in the same replacing situation next summer. Stop the worrying about who's going to replace him. Money talks and 90m should solve the problem.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
That was my thought, what $$$ equals decent? If not sold now believe 60-70m most Juve gets next season and not decent for me if 90m can be had now. And everyone will be lowballing next year.

This is what I posted a little over a week ago and still believe only way to go for Juve to win financially.

Look at these couple articles from last two years. Plenty of crap gets written by journalists but we know the smoke and fire saying.
https://www.besoccer.com/new/de-ligt-denies-he-wants-to-leave-juventus-843469
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/footb...matthijs-de-ligt-juventus-transfer-barcelona/
https://www.eurosport.com/football/...a-interest-paper-round_sto8680158/story.shtml

Did anyone really expect him to be a Juve lifer? We overpaid his salary for his age/position and he's looking to find a way not to have it lowered. Usually being transferred equates to a bigger salary. Though for MDL getting a contract that equals his present salary is probably the best he can do and it ain't in Turin. Plus being so young the contract after this one with Chelsea, MU, ??? can/could/should be the monster one.

MDL can say all he wants about giving his all this season if not transferred (and he will at some point if asked) but don't need even a player of his high standard having this in the back of his mind. It's only human nature. And fuck, get 90m and spend it all on two solid backliners like Bremer and who knows if Kouli changes his mind. We keep him and we're only in the same replacing situation next summer. Stop the worrying about who's going to replace him. Money talks and 90m should solve the problem.
It's very unlikely for De Ligt to get a higher salary ANYWHERE.
He hasn't proved to be a Van Dijk or Sergio Ramos yet.
So getting him more than his 8+4m isn't likely.
If he moves he'll go for less or at best for that.
I'd renew his contract and shut off any offer unless 100m+ aka crazy

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
MDL should take a look at Vinicius Jr. He is an UCL champ, scoring the final goal and willing to renew with RM on a lower salary alongside mammoth release clause.
It's actually Juve that should learn from RM, to not buy a teenager CB after one great season for a monstrous fee, which is not applicable even for already developed world class CBs and offering giant salary on top of that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)