Matthijs de Ligt (20 Viewers)

Mar 9, 2006
Incredibly overrated, mistake after mistake after mistake but ppl are still praising him, if Rugani was making the same silly mistakes match after match then he would have been tortured around the web for 24/7 but somehow De Ligt is getting praised for it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Same childish mistakes with positioning, he can't control himself, rushes like he's still 18 years old Ajax defender in eredivisie

Attachments

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Incredibly overrated, mistake after mistake after mistake but ppl are still praising him, if Rugani was making the same silly mistakes match after match then he would have been tortured around the web for 24/7 but somehow De Ligt is getting praised for it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Same childish mistakes with positioning, he can't control himself, rushes like he's still 18 years old Ajax defender in eredivisie
U are questioning our best defender and one of our most consistent performers, who btw is in his early 20s. D fuk :lol2:

Jun 16, 2020

- - - Updated - - -

Oké now take a close look to that last picture. It really isn’t rocket science.

I see 7 of our players in our box, against 4 Torino players.

Obviously De Ligt had to cover Cuadrado. It’s either De Ligt or Zakaria in those situations, but it depends on how many strikers the opponent deploys. Playing against two strikers De Ligt probably stays in the center, against one a CB can step out.

For me, De Ligt is having his best period since his arrival. His last three games were amazing, to bad he had some back luck with the free kick he gave away against Atalanta.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda have to agree with that.

Last night, for example, I saw some great defending from him.
But I also thought he was completely out of position multiple times. "What the hell are you doing there?" is a thought that popped in my mind at least 5 times. I obviously may be wrong, but by the end of the game I was convinced this may have been due to the instructions he received.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
He was fine when he was in the middle of it, when Bonucci came in and De Ligt went to the left side he got lost in position several times
So basically he was fine till we put a natural CB instead of Danilo/ Sandeo next to him. Shouldnt that be a huge concern. It looks to me like if Chiellini isnt there no one is babysitting either Bon or De Ligt.

Mar 9, 2006
He's always doing the same mistake and never learns from it unfortunately

- - - Updated - - -

Oké now take a close look to that last picture. It really isn’t rocket science.

I see 7 of our players in our box, against 4 Torino players.

Obviously De Ligt had to cover Cuadrado. It’s either De Ligt or Zakaria in those situations, but it depends on how many strikers the opponent deploys. Playing against two strikers De Ligt probably stays in the center, against one a CB can step out.

For me, De Ligt is having his best period since his arrival. His last three games were amazing, to bad he had some back luck with the free kick he gave away against Atalanta.
He didn't have to cover cuadrado in that moment, he should have been covering his zone, he did the same mistake last night when Parejo has scored

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)